• 1 Post By Back In Black
  • 1 Post By almostgone
  • 2 Post By Youthful55guy
  • 1 Post By Youthful55guy

Thread: Test Cyp 200mg 1st cycle question

Doyouevenlift? is offline New Member

Smile Test Cyp 200mg 1st cycle question

Good day all,

I have a question regarding my prescription. I was prescribed 200mg of Test cyp, once every 10 days for 3 months. I was also prescribed arimidex 1mg every three days.
    Now ive been reading all over the net, and everyone is saying 1mg e3d is wayy to much, is this true?
    Also, im not sure if this is a newbie question or not.... go ahead make jokes hahaha very funny. But wheres my PCT?
    Also, i took my first shot tuesday and im not due to inject until next friday ( every 10 days )... if i wanted to switch over to injecting 2x a week, when/what day should i start with 100mg?
    should i start friday when im due or start earlier during the week?
    Yes im a newb im sorry but a little background info, i was prescribed this because of my i guess not so low test levels but leading towards there. I felt very fatigued and depressed and did some blood work.
    Doc said some test would help.
    Please help me out
    i appreciate the feedback

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    I’ll getvthis moved to the correct section but in the mean time.....

If you are prescribed TRT it’s for life, not for 3 months. There is no PCT. It is not a cycle.

200mg every 10 days should really be a smaller amount at more regular interval you are right. At 100mg E5D it’s highly unlikely you will need a pin AI at all. 1mg E3D is more than people take when injecting many times more test than you are.

No HCG prescribed?
    Doyouevenlift? likes this.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Thanks for the quick reply, and thanks for getting this moved to the correct section.

The script said 3month supply.. sorry its just a bit confusing. Maybe he'll prescribe the rest later?

I have labs due in 3 months, and no he did not prescribe HCG .

Im scared because i dont want to stop cold turkey. I have to call and set up an appointment to see him asap.

As far as when i should start the every 5 days regimen.. think you can give me a clue on when to start? Should i start friday when im due or earlier this week?

Thanks for helping a newb.

almostgone is offline AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Doyouevenlift? View Post
    Good day all,

I have a question regarding my prescription. I was prescribed 200mg of Test cyp, once every 10 days for 3 months. I was also prescribed arimidex 1mg every three days.
    Now ive been reading all over the net, and everyone is saying 1mg e3d is wayy to much, is this true?
    Also, im not sure if this is a newbie question or not.... go ahead make jokes hahaha very funny. But wheres my PCT?
    Also, i took my first shot tuesday and im not due to inject until next friday ( every 10 days )... if i wanted to switch over to injecting 2x a week, when/what day should i start with 100mg?
    Yes im a newb im sorry but a little background info, i was prescribed this because of my i guess not so low test levels but leading towards there. I felt very fatigued and depressed and did some blood work.
    Please help me out
    Don't understand why your Dr. is prescribing such a hefty dose of arimidex w/o any lab values indicating need for an ai.
    Personally if I were switching to an E3.5 day schedule, I would start @ around 50mg-60mg E3.5 days. With the more frequent injection schedule.you'll maintain more stable levels, have less E2 conversion, and be less likely.to have issues with high Hct or high Hgb.
    For instance, I pin ~66mg/ .3cc E3.5 days and .25mg anastrozole E5D works well for me.
    Would defo hit your Dr. w/ a request for HCG (250iu 2x/week works well for me). I generally pin it 1 day prior to my T injections.
    No PCT with TRT
    Last edited by almostgone; 02-18-2018 at 08:24 AM.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Youthful55guy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doyouevenlift? View Post
    Good day all,

Please help me out
    We need to touch on several points.

1) We do not use the term 'cycle' with TRT. I almost ignored your post because the term is only used with anabolic steroids for the purpose of promoting muscle gain. I'm being judgmental of those folks that participate in this forum, but when they call it TRT it really muddies that water and makes it more difficult to get for those of us who need it for medical purposes. We do not 'cycle' TRT it's a lifetime medication and once you start, it's difficult to stop. I suspect your doc gave you only a 3 month script to make sure you come back for follow up labs.

2) PCT = Post Cycle Therapy . Per #1 above, it does not apply to TRT. It's a method bodybuilders use to restart endogenous production of testosterone after they've mucked up their system with anabolic steroids .

3) Your treatment protocol is old school and you are more than likely going be on a hormonal rollercoaster if you continue to follow it. Your doc needs to be educated. You are going to have superphysiological levels of T for about 5 day and really feeling good. Then about 3 days of normal levels and feeling adequate. Then about 3 days of low end T and not feeling so well. Then you do it all over again. Even worse, your E levels will be all over the map since E is made from T. If TRT is done right, there should be minimal (if any) need for an AI like Arimidex (anastrozole). Below is a graph of typical T levels over a 10 day period when healthy men are administered 200 mg of T-cyp or T-eth every 10 days.
    Test Cyp 200mg 1st cycle question-t-cyp-kinetic-curve3.png

4) That's a lot of Arimidex! And given that your E levels are going to be fluctuating with the fluctuating T levels, it's hard to say what's effect it's going to have. Most guys are way too paranoid of E, but guys need E too. It's one of the ironies of nature that without E, our dicks go limp. With too much E, out dicks go limp. It is so much better to simply eliminate the need for and AI by switching to a more frequent injection protocol of much smaller doses. That way T levels always stay within physiological ranges and so will E.

5) Regarding you question of breaking up the dose, I wouldn't do it without your doc being on board. He/she will be expecting certain (low) labs values typical of a 10-day protocol, and if you show up with higher than expected T levels because you are on a more stable frequent injection schedule of smaller amounts, you may be faced with a cut back in dose. Using that graph as an example, your doc will be expecting levels around 400 ng/dL on day 10, but you show up with a stable 800-900 ng/dL, your doc might freak out thinking your peak level is also proportionally too high at around 2000 ng/dL and order a cut back to get you back onto his silly 10 day curve.

6) So, assuming you get you doc on board with more frequent dosing, I'd recommend a 3 day injection protocol instead of a twice weekly. That way, the time interval between injections is always the same so it does not matter which day you draw labs. It will also give you more stable T levels. I've found too that when you go to a more frequent dosing schedule, you can usually get by with less overall T because you have more stable levels. I recommend a starting dose of around 40 mg E3D (0.2 mL) and then retesting after 6 weeks and then determine if you need to go up to 50 mg (0.25 mL) and/or layer in and AI if E is out of range. More than likely E will not be out of range because you always stay within physiological T levels with this protocol.

7) I'm assuming that with a dose of 200 mg (1.0 mL) per injection, the doc has you using a harpoon to get it into your muscle. The beauty of more frequent dosing is that you can say goodbye to the harpoons and use a 1/2 inch 25G insulin syringe or smaller. I use a 28G.

8) Also, I doubt that a doc prescribing an archaic 10-day protocol is educated on proper labs either, particularly with E. Make darn sure that he is ordering the correct test. Most docs simply order that standard E test which is designed for women. This test is designed to be most sensitive at higher E levels than men will ever attain. Therefore, when men are administered this test, they almost always come back with high levels of E. However, that is a well-established an artifact of testing. The test is simply returning the low end of what it is designed to measure, even though the actual blood sample may have been magnitudes of difference lower than the result. That is why there are so many guys out there taking excessively large doses of AI and wondering why they can't get an erection and/or ejaculate. The reason is that they've driven their E levels way too low. BOTTOM LINE: Make sure your doc is ordering the LC/MS/MS (LabCorp) test. Here's a nice discussion as to why: https://www.discountedlabs.com/estra...itive-lc-ms-ms. There are three additional links at the bottom of the discussion. The link "More information about why the sensitive estradiol test is the most accurate assay for men" explains in more detail why you need the correct test.
    Last edited by Youthful55guy; 02-18-2018 at 01:30 PM.

Thanks for the reply!

Ill be sure to speak to my DOC before making any changes.

I appreciate all the feedback from you guys so far!

Youthful55guy is offline Senior Member
    I added an 8th point for you to consider.

Thread Information