Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By The Deadlifting Dog

Thread: Ahh please please help. On TRT and I've completely crashed my libido and SHBG...how??

lloydtrt is offline New Member

Ahh please please help. On TRT and I've completely crashed my libido and SHBG...how??

You guys were helpful in the past so I'm hoping you can help me through this troubling time. Thank you in advance!

30 yo male.

Active and healthy. Good muscle mass and body hair.
    Please bare with me as I quote blood tests in percentiles of the range, I can gather the actual data if there is a need.

Lifelong symptoms of low T including low drive, ED, and gyno that was corrected by surgery years ago.

Feb 2017.
    T - 60th%
    SHBG - 90th%
    Free T - 20th%
    E - 85th%
    Prolactin - 95th%
    LH - 55th%
    FSH - 60th%
    Thyroid panel normal.
    Lipid panel normal.
    Sugar panel normal.
    Cholesterol panel normal.

I dosed Caber 1x/week to bring prolactin levels down and searched for a doc to treat me with TRT eventually going with something like Defy.

In September 2017 I began injecting 60mg Test E 3x/week with no AI and no HCG . Result? Epic. Morning wood, intense sex drive, euphoria, no lethargy.

These effects leveled off slightly after the 1 month honeymoon and I also switched to a "reputable" UGL in the meantime to save money, essentially keeping the same Test protocol and adding 200 IU HCG 3x/week.

Got bloods done in January 2017 to SHOCKING results.
    T - 250th%
    E - 110th%
    Free T - 130th%
    SHBG - 60th%
    Other things were normal including hematocrit, RBC, Vitamin D, DHEA.

I IMMEDIATELY halved my dose of both T and the HCG, and began to take Aromasin 10mg EOD. Since that time about 6 weeks ago I've been crashing and going downhill. This past week was the worst, no sex drive, and couldn't get hard during sex at all.

Last weekend I tested my bloods. March 2017.
    T - 110th%
    E - 75th%
    SHBG - 0th%

The obvious question... how did my SHBG get so low?? I'm very confused and not sure what the next step should be. I'm feeling intense lethargy and the gym feels brutal at 50% through my workout. Not to mention I'd love to get some sex drive and all that good stuff back!

Much appreciate any thoughts, concerns, or ideas you may have.

lloydtrt is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydtrt View Post
    You guys were helpful in the past so I'm hoping you can help me through this troubling time. Thank you in advance!

30 yo male.

Active and healthy. Good muscle mass and body hair.
    Please bare with me as I quote blood tests in percentiles of the range, I can gather the actual data if there is a need.

Lifelong symptoms of low T including low drive, ED, and gyno that was corrected by surgery years ago.

Feb 2017.
    T - 60th%
    SHBG - 90th%
    Free T - 20th%
    E - 85th%
    Prolactin - 95th%
    LH - 55th%
    FSH - 60th%
    Thyroid panel normal.
    Lipid panel normal.
    Sugar panel normal.
    Cholesterol panel normal.

I dosed Caber 1x/week to bring prolactin levels down and searched for a doc to treat me with TRT eventually going with something like Defy.

In September 2017 I began injecting 60mg Test E 3x/week with no AI and no HCG . Result? Epic. Morning wood, intense sex drive, euphoria, no lethargy.

These effects leveled off slightly after the 1 month honeymoon and I also switched to a "reputable" UGL in the meantime to save money, essentially keeping the same Test protocol and adding 200 IU HCG 3x/week.

Got bloods done in January 2017 to SHOCKING results.
    T - 250th%
    E - 110th%
    Free T - 130th%
    SHBG - 60th%
    Other things were normal including hematocrit, RBC, Vitamin D, DHEA.

I IMMEDIATELY halved my dose of both T and the HCG, and began to take Aromasin 10mg EOD. Since that time about 6 weeks ago I've been crashing and going downhill. This past week was the worst, no sex drive, and couldn't get hard during sex at all.

Last weekend I tested my bloods. March 2017.
    T - 110th%
    E - 75th%
    SHBG - 0th%

The obvious question... how did my SHBG get so low?? I'm very confused and not sure what the next step should be. I'm feeling intense lethargy and the gym feels brutal at 50% through my workout. Not to mention I'd love to get some sex drive and all that good stuff back!

Much appreciate any thoughts, concerns, or ideas you may have.
    Here are results for January 2018 and last week, March 2018.

January 2018.
    Free T 48.6 (4.7-24.4 ng/dL)
    T 22.56 (.47 - 9.8 ng/ml)
    E 44.01 (<39.8 pg/ml)
    SHBG 62.8 (32.4-128 nmol/L)
    DHEA-S 340.1 (80-560 ug/dL)
    Prolactin 4.7 (2.1-17.7 ng/ml)

Resultant change in behavior:
    Halve the Test dosage to 30g Test E EOD.

March 2018.
    T 8.31 (1.6-7.5 ng/ml)
    SHBG 27 (32.4-128 nmol/L)
    E 28.6 (<39.8 pg/ml)

Resultant change in behavior:
    Stop AI use.

Unsure of what to do next...

the idea of TRT is to get blood levels in normal range...
    even at you lower dose of 30g test E EOD you are still above range in testosterone .

I would lower your dose of test.
    I would not use an AI.
    I would start using hCG again.

Your libido initially went thru the roof do to being on supraphysiological levels of test. You were basically running a low dose cycle.

Your libido is lower now because you lowered your test and stopped hCG.

High levels of testosterone lower SHBG over time.
    cousinmuscles likes this.

Ephemeral is offline Associate Member
    Your latest SHBG is not that bad in my opinion, I don't know why they use that range, for my BW the range was 13-89. From what I've read 27 is just a bit lower than what is expected from someone your age. Also in my experience it can fluctuate a lot, for example on one day mine was 44 then a week later 66 (without taking anything at that time).

Thread Information