ColbyRasmus is offline New Member

Need some advice about extremely low testosterone results

I've dealt with low sex drive and inability to maintain an erection for years now. I can't remember the last time I woke up with morning wood. There's a bunch of fat on my belly that I can't get rid of, and I quickly hit a wall when it comes to working out and trying to increase my lifts. I'm 27 years old, so my age shouldn't be a major factor. Here are my results:

Bioavailable T: 15.5 (normal range: 83 to 257 ng/dL for men 20 to 29) !!!

Free T: 7.9 (normal range: 5.05 to 19.8 ng/dL for men 25 to 29)

Total T: 65 (normal range: 240-950 ng/dL) !!!

LH: 3.9 mIU/mL (normal range: 1.7 - 8.6 mIU/mL)

FSH: 3.4 mIU/mL (normal range: 1.5 - 12.4 mIU/mL)

Blood was drawn at 8:40 a.m.

Clearly, my Total T and Bioavailable T are incredibly low. That total testosterone number practically doesn't exist! Because FSH and LH were relatively normal, what do you guys think is the next step for me? Do these results mean anything to you guys? I've got a urology appointment in a few weeks and an endocrine appt pending, but I'd really love to know more about these results, so I can ask pertinent questions.

Also, my TSH W/REFLEX TO FT4 was 5.84, which the lab says is a slightly elevated thyroid. I don't know if that matters at all. And my erythrocyte sedimentation rate by Westergren method (used to determine the amount of inflammation in the body, usually caused by arthritis) was 36, well above the normal range. Again, I don't know if that matters, but it's another thing that was abnormal.

Youthful55guy is offline Senior Member
    There's obviously something dysfunctional with the testicles (primary hypogonadism). Have you had a testicular injury? The urologist should palpate and examine the testicles for torsional problems as well as a varicocele, both of which are possibly treatable with surgery. At this point, I'd listen to what the urologist has to say.

Thread Information