Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Youthful55guy

Thread: Test levels

rbm33 is offline Junior Member

Test levels

Currently I'm on 200 mg of test c weekly. Last week i went in for bloodwork expecting my level to be around 1400. I recieved my results yesterday and my test was 4000!! I did mistakenly have them take blood about 8 hours after an injection though. So, my question is will having blood work done 8 hours after an injection effect the test level that much??
    Last edited by rbm33; 04-17-2018 at 05:22 AM.

macmathews is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rbm33 View Post
    Currently I'm on 200 mg of test c weekly. Last week i went in for bloodwork expecting my level to be around 1400. I recieved my results yesterday and my test was 4000!! I did mistakenly have them take blood about 8 hours after an injection though. So, my question is will having blood work done 8 hours after an injection effect the test level that much??
    YES..

Couple of mistakes you have made.

#1 - getting blood drawn 8 hours after injection.. (although good experiment)
    #2 - injecting 200mg at 1 time assuming you are on TRT program..

200mg / weekly is on the high end for a TRT protocol. And if you are going to run that much.. Break it up for more than 1 injection per week

rbm33 is offline Junior Member
    I'm sorry, I should have clarified.... I am doing 100mg every 3.5 days, so the injection just before testing was only 100mg.

Quote Originally Posted by macmathews View Post
    YES..

Couple of mistakes you have made.

#1 - getting blood drawn 8 hours after injection.. (although good experiment)
    #2 - injecting 200mg at 1 time assuming you are on TRT program..

200mg / weekly is on the high end for a TRT protocol. And if you are going to run that much.. Break it up for more than 1 injection per week

Youthful55guy is offline Senior Member
    Sorry. I misread the original post but can't figure out how to delete this reply, so I'm editing it to this instead.
    Last edited by Youthful55guy; 04-17-2018 at 08:02 PM.

Youthful55guy is offline Senior Member
    I'm sorry, I should have clarified.... I am doing 100mg every 3.5 days, so the injection just before testing was only 100mg.
    I'd consider a lower dose. with twice weekly TRT, you usually need much less T (more like 50-60 mg every 3.5 days) to keep your T levels in the upper end of the normal range. This mistimed lab drives home the first point that you are going into the super physiological range at the front end of your injection cycle.

You should always get your labs done just prior to the next scheduled injection.

Is this doctor prescribed TRT? That's a big starting dose. I suspect that within the next few months you will begin to have high hemoglobin issues that won't be controlled with the maximum allowable blood donations, that will force you to cut back or get a script for therapeutic phlebotomies, which is not going to be sustainable over the long haul.
    cousinmuscles likes this.

Thread Information