JPI
    JPI is offline New Member

How long will andro gel stay in your system?

I am thinking about going to a new Dr. for my TRT but wanted to eliminate all the testosterone from the Andro gel before i go. I'm seeing somethings saying 5 to 10 days but I also read that Test C and Test E stay with you for 4 weeks or so. So do you think 5-10 days or longer?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

RoxRunner is offline Associate Member
    How many pumps are you using daily, how long have you been applying it and are you using the 1% or 1.62%? The half life for test suspension is 1 day so you're looking a pretty quick clear out.
    Last edited by RoxRunner; 04-18-2018 at 09:34 AM.

Beetlegeuse is offline Knowledgeable Member
    The answer is in the notes & warnings that came in the box the Androgel came in, section 12.3, subsection labeled "Excretion," second paragraph.

EDIT:
    Androgel is Test C. But even when you're talking about the same AAS, the method of administration makes a difference. When it's rubbed on your skin, there's very little standing in the way of the Test getting into the bloodstream (the skin actually absorbs some compounds faster than the lining of the stomach does). But if it's injected, rate of delivery is determined by the type of tissue it was injected into.

The most common method of injecting is intramuscular (IM) but some inject it subcutaneously (Sub-Q), into the layer of fat immediately beneath the skin. Bloodflow is very good in the muscles but very limited in the fatty tissues, so fat takes longer to release the Test into the bloodstream. Guys on a cycle probably wouldn't want anything slowing the delivery down but people on TRT might. And which way you take it affects how long it lasts.

As an aside, you used the phrase "in your system" in your title, which could have meant "how long before my Test levels go back to normal," or it might have meant "how long do I have to worry about a PEDs test?" And the two questions have different answers. Man-made Test will still be detectable for quite some time after your labs go back to pre-Androgel levels, but only in specialized anti-PEDs tests, not by the endocrine panels that your doctor will run. It was clear from the wording of your post you weren't worried about flunking a PEDs test, but I just thought I'd throw that in.
    Last edited by Beetlegeuse; 04-18-2018 at 05:07 PM.

JPI
    Quote Originally Posted by Beetlegeuse View Post
    The answer is in the notes & warnings that came in the box the Androgel came in, section 12.3, subsection labeled "Excretion," second paragraph.

EDIT:
    Androgel is Test C. But even when you're talking about the same AAS, the method of administration makes a difference. When it's rubbed on your skin, there's very little standing in the way of the Test getting into the bloodstream (the skin actually absorbs some compounds faster than the lining of the stomach does). But if it's injected, rate of delivery is determined by the type of tissue it was injected into.

The most common method of injecting is intramuscular (IM) but some inject it subcutaneously (Sub-Q), into the layer of fat immediately beneath the skin. Bloodflow is very good in the muscles but very limited in the fatty tissues, so fat takes longer to release the Test into the bloodstream. Guys on a cycle probably wouldn't want anything slowing the delivery down but people on TRT might. And which way you take it affects how long it lasts.

As an aside, you used the phrase "in your system" in your title, which could have meant "how long before my Test levels go back to normal," or it might have meant "how long do I have to worry about a PEDs test?" And the two questions have different answers. Man-made Test will still be detectable for quite some time after your labs go back to pre-Androgel levels, but only in specialized anti-PEDs tests, not by the endocrine panels that your doctor will run. It was clear from the wording of your post you weren't worried about flunking a PEDs test, but I just thought I'd throw that in.
    Wow, thanks for the info. What i am worried about is that my level maybe higher then my baseline when i go see the new Dr.. I saved my Andro gel up for a few months and tripled my usage. I found a new Dr. that I want to use and don't want to mess my visit up. I would even prefer my lvl to end up lower so i get treated better.

JPI
    Quote Originally Posted by RoxRunner View Post
    How many pumps are you using daily, how long have you been applying it and are you using the 1% or 1.62%? The half life for test suspension is 1 day so you're looking a pretty quick clear out.
    It is the 1.6 and i was using 6 pumps a day.

RoxRunner is offline Associate Member
    You're getting 121.5 mg per day. If it's test c, it'll take a really long time to clear since the half-life of test c is 12 days. I suspect the gel is test suspension which is 24 hours (the literature in the box states 10 to 100 minutes). In that case, you'll clear it within a week or so.

Thread Information