dieoxwithout is offline New Member

Am I doing TRT the right way?

Not sure if i should make this thread but I need some answers here

I wanted to see if my T levels where in good shape and I went to a TRT clinic. They did the blood work and I had total T levels below 200 and I started TRT after that. I ended up leaving the TRT clinic after a few months because they charge about a grand+ per year to get the test, syringes, and bloodwork. So I didn't want to keep paying that kind of money for test only TRT, (they wont provide HCG or AI) so I left and have been doing this on my own

Found some great verified sources and I bought them out of their TEST E and HCG, AI, even added nolva/clomid as well just in case i ever need to take a few months off

I find it better to do this the "right way" but i dont know if i can go to any other TRT clinic to get this going offically. I'm serious in saying I wont pay a grand a year just for test, I'm not a schumck

Youthful55guy is offline Senior Member
    If you are asking whether to leave the TRT clinic to do it yourself, only you can answer that question. As I've posted in other threads, I'm not fond of TRT clinics. They are a business to make money off of sick people, and think in terms of what's best for them not you. They usually charge exorbitant prices for these relatively inexpensive medications.

TRT, when done the right way, the cost of medications (T + HCG + AI) should be under $500 per year, and that's without insurance. Syringes cost about $0.24 each, so you'll need about 104 to 121 per year for T depending on whether you use the 2X per week or E3D protocol. You'll also need 156 syringes for HCG, so that's a total of about 260 to 277 syringes per year. At $0.24 each, that's about $65 per year. Therefore, total Meds + syringes cost should be less than $565 per year, let's round that up to <$600 per year for all supplies.

Lab tests are not included in the above cost. Here is my source for self-testing. I've found them to be very efficient, reliable, and cost-effective for getting the correct tests done yourself: https://www.discountedlabs.com/

My observations are that TRT clinics usually order the minimum (or less) testing necessary. Usually that's just Total T, Free T, and E (sometimes). So to compare apples to apples, the cost of these tests with my source are:

Total T + Free T = $31
    E (sensitive LC/MS/MS method) = $53

So, if you assume that the TRT clinic performs these basic tests 2X per year, the total equivalent cost of labs for do-it-yourself TRT would be $168

Therefore, the total equivalent price of Do-It-Yourself TRT compared to TRT clinics is ~$600 + ~$170 = $770 per year.

Thread Information