Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By EDCG19

Thread: Starting trt

marklewis68 is offline New Member

Starting trt

Looking for advice....starting TRT onTuesday...200mg per week...I'm 50 years old T was measured at 210...I lift for 1 hour in morning 4 times per week...doing online clinic for help...they are mixing estrogen blockers in my prescription....should I take it inject once a week or break it up into 2 100mg injections a week?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

EDCG19 is offline Senior Member
    200mg sounds like a lot

Do you know what kind of estrogen blockers they put you on? Any blood work you an share?
    marklewis68 likes this.

Anastrozole

Youthful55guy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marklewis68 View Post
    Looking for advice....starting TRT onTuesday...200mg per week...I'm 50 years old T was measured at 210...I lift for 1 hour in morning 4 times per week...doing online clinic for help...they are mixing estrogen blockers in my prescription....should I take it inject once a week or break it up into 2 100mg injections a week?

That's way too much T for a starting dose. I recommend half that, and without any AI, and then retesting in 6 weeks and adjusting from their. Problem is that you are getting your T from these shady on-line dealers that charge you and arm and a leg for their unique protocols and compounded meds. If you drop the dose, and go to 2X per week injections, you probably won't need the AI.

How much are they charging you for this mixed stuff? Prescription T should cost no more than $160 per year. The AI, when purchased separately and dosed properly (paired to a lower dose of T) should cost you next to nothing.

Sorry new to this...not sure what AI is....so I should take twice a week no matter what does I go with?

Sorry new to this...not sure what AI is....so I should take twice a week no matter what does I go with?

Aromatase inhibitor. It blocks the conversion of T to E. There are also E blockers, which bind to E receptors but have little E activity. I have no idea what they are mixing into your T. It is HIGHLY unusual to compound blend E control into a T product. I'd walk away from them and get a more mainstream TRT doc.

I'm going to try it...already paid for it...lol.
    Below is the prescriptions
    Would you split the dose bi weekly

Chrisp83TRT is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Youthful55guy View Post
    That's way too much T for a starting dose. I recommend half that, and without any AI, and then retesting in 6 weeks and adjusting from their. Problem is that you are getting your T from these shady on-line dealers that charge you and arm and a leg for their unique protocols and compounded meds. If you drop the dose, and go to 2X per week injections, you probably won't need the AI.

How much are they charging you for this mixed stuff? Prescription T should cost no more than $160 per year. The AI, when purchased separately and dosed properly (paired to a lower dose of T) should cost you next to nothing.
    Where are you getting prescription t for that cheap ? I’m paying 120 for I would say 3 months worth

Can anybody give advice on my original question....should I take half twice a week...or all once a week????

Can anybody give advice on my original question....should I take half twice a week...or all once a week????

Yes, taking half twice a week will certainly be better than that huge dose once a week. However, you will still go out of range and eventually have hemoglobin production issues to deal with.

FYI, reading your previous post with a description of the general protocol, it sound more like they will be sending you some tableted anastrozole, not mixing it in with your T script. If you reduce the dose to a more reasonable level, you should not need anastrozole.

Yeah they told me to give blood once a month

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisp83TRT View Post
    Where are you getting prescription t for that cheap ? I’m paying 120 for I would say 3 months worth
    Yes, filled at the local pharmacy. No insurance either. T is not very expensive. Price gouging is one of my biggest criticisms of TRT clinics (on-line or walk-in). They also usually put guys on ridiculous protocols with custom compounded drugs to keep them captive at their exorbitant pricing. TRT is not rocket science. A good protocol is inexpensive, easy to administer, and sustainable for life.

The basic problem with our medical system is that most docs are not taught how to administer it. They simply refer them to endocrinologists, who are generally very conservative with male hormone therapy and decades behind the times in protocols. They are focused on treating mainly diabetic patients and patients with more unique endocrine disorders. TRT is not even a blip on their radar screen, so they don't keep up with the times.

Yeah they told me to give blood once a month

That's a recipe for disaster. Your iron levels are going to drop like a rock, and your ferritin levels along with it. This will cause a cascade effect with your thyroid hormones.

Then there's the fact that you have to do this for the rest of your life! Your veins will eventually pay the price and you will grow tired of it very fast.

Again, you should consider dropping you T to half that amount (in 2X or E3D split doses) and then work your way up in 6 week increments until Your Free T levels are in the 75th percentile for a 30-40 year old man. You should not need to take the AI, and standard blood donations every 8 to 12 weeks should keep your hemoglobin within range.

Quote Originally Posted by Youthful55guy View Post
    That's a recipe for disaster. Your iron levels are going to drop like a rock, and your ferritin levels along with it. This will cause a cascade effect with your thyroid hormones.

Then there's the fact that you have to do this for the rest of your life! Your veins will eventually pay the price and you will grow tired of it very fast.

Again, you should consider dropping you T to half that amount (in 2X or E3D split doses) and then work your way up in 6 week increments until Your Free T levels are in the 75th percentile for a 30-40 year old man. You should not need to take the AI, and standard blood donations every 8 to 12 weeks should keep your hemoglobin within range.
    I looked at paperwork again I misspoke I am to give blood every 2 months

Thread Information