Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By EDCG19
  • 1 Post By Youthful55guy

Thread: Dosing

marklewis68 is offline New Member

Dosing

Everything I've read on here suggests splitting your dosage up. So I decided to split my 200 mg dose into 100 2x a week. When I told my doctor what I was doing he told me not to he said that I had AI in my test and I should do it all the once. Any thoughts???

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

EDCG19 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marklewis68 View Post
    Everything I've read on here suggests splitting your dosage up. So I decided to split my 200 mg dose into 100 2x a week. When I told my doctor what I was doing he told me not to he said that I had AI in my test and I should do it all the once. Any thoughts???

Ridiculous I don't care what anyone says...
    200mg per week is still too much in my opinion but that's because when I ran my test at 200mg a week for TRT my blood work was all over the charts

I prefer 75-85x2 a week. That can help stabilize most of the issues people see with red blood cells, thicker blood, cholesterol etc...

Lower the dose, there's nothing wrong with that. Also twice a week is great.

The worst thing my TRT doc said was to not split the injections but actually inject 200mg every 2-3 weeks since my blood work wasn't looking good when I first started, I walked out of there after she said that. 200mg every few weeks?

Anyway, I'm on roughly 150mg per week now and its great. Some people would still look at my bloods and say 150mg per week is too much for me as well but I find it manageable
    marklewis68 likes this.

Youthful55guy is offline Senior Member

Yeah, Your doc knows Jack $hit. First, that's way too much T, and second the half life of anastrozole is about 50 hours.

Here's a post where I describe what I believe to be the best practices in TRT. https://forums.steroid.com/hormone-r...rting-trt.html

This is yet another post that states that the T is blended into the T. Where is this T coming from?

Are you watching your hemoglobin. At 200 mg/week, I suspect that it is way high, even with regular blood donations.

Quote Originally Posted by goalinmind View Post
    Ridiculous I don't care what anyone says...
    200mg per week is still too much in my opinion but that's because when I ran my test at 200mg a week for TRT my blood work was all over the charts

I prefer 75-85x2 a week. That can help stabilize most of the issues people see with red blood cells, thicker blood, cholesterol etc...

Lower the dose, there's nothing wrong with that. Also twice a week is great.

The worst thing my TRT doc said was to not split the injections but actually inject 200mg every 2-3 weeks since my blood work wasn't looking good when I first started, I walked out of there after she said that. 200mg every few weeks?

Anyway, I'm on roughly 150mg per week now and its great. Some people would still look at my bloods and say 150mg per week is too much for me as well but I find it manageable
    As long as it's justified by labs, it's not too much. This is what I preach on the soap box all the time. Cookie cutter recipes for TRT are a ticket to disaster. My experience is to start small and work your way up as labs indicate. If that's 150mg for you, then so be it.

Also SHBG levels have a lot to do with how much you need. Dosing is not always 1 to 1. I find that when I lower my SHBG into a more desirable range that I can lower my T dose and minimize side-effects, especially high hemoglobin and the need for an AI.
    marklewis68 likes this.

marklewis68 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Youthful55guy View Post
    As long as it's justified by labs, it's not too much. This is what I preach on the soap box all the time. Cookie cutter recipes for TRT are a ticket to disaster. My experience is to start small and work your way up as labs indicate. If that's 150mg for you, then so be it.

Also SHBG levels have a lot to do with how much you need. Dosing is not always 1 to 1. I find that when I lower my SHBG into a more desirable range that I can lower my T dose and minimize side-effects, especially high hemoglobin and the need for an AI.
    I was thinking 80 E3

I was thinking 80 E3

Still a bit high for a starting dose, but a little more reasonable than 200mg/week in a single dose. I strongly believe that personalizing a TRT protocol should be done very slowly and work from the bottom up. It just takes up to 6 weeks for all of you hormones to come to a new equilibrium and there's no rushing it.

I am interested (and concerned) about the anastrozole mixed into the T. Interested, in that I've seen other guys discussing the same thing recently. Concerned in that anastrozole is very difficult to dose and the lower you go on T, the less and less you need. So, if you were to lower your T dose to 50mg 2X per week (my suggested starting point), then you may be over dosing on anastrozole and crushing your E. So you may have adequate T levels, but you'll feel like crap and have a bad case of ED because of low E.

My advice is to go with a more traditional straight T-cyp, lower the dose, and not use any anastrozole until the labs say you need it. Reevaluate after 6 weeks with T & E labs and adjust the dose up by about 20% only if the tests indicate you need to and retest again in 6 weeks.

Thread Information