Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By tcw
  • 1 Post By Youthful55guy

Thread: HCG (Human chorionic gonadotropin)...is it necessary ?

tcw
    tcw is offline Senior Member

HCG (Human chorionic gonadotropin)...is it necessary ?

Hi Friends,

I do a low dosage of cypionate (200 mgs every 10 days) and have been for some time now (Yrs). My buddy says i should have been doing HCG all along.

I have NO erectile dysfunction and i shoot a pretty good load (although sperm production is not like it was in my 20's).

1. Should i be doing HCG?
    2. How do you know if you need HCG (Human chorionic gonadotropin)???
    3. Is there a specific test for low-sperm production?
    4. What is the danger of not doing HCG?

Thanks for your constructive input.
    marklewis68 likes this.

Couchlockd is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tcw View Post
    Hi Friends,

I do a low dosage of cypionate (200 mgs every 10 days) and have been for some time now (Yrs). My buddy says i should have been doing HCG all along.

I have NO erectile dysfunction and i shoot a pretty good load (although sperm production is not like it was in my 20's).

it keeps your balks from shrinking and also keeps them functioning for easier pct.

if doing trt or low dose test and never not doing test. no point really other than aesthetics

Youthful55guy is offline Senior Member
    Hi Friends,

If testicular atrophy is not important to you, and you are satisfied with the volume of your ejaculate, then their probably isn't a need for HCG. If you don't supplement with HCG, I'd consider adding in supplementation with DHEA (~25mg/day) and pregnenolone (~50mg/day). These are upstream prohormones that are decreased in lower amounts without an LH signal.

I know this is unsolicited advice, but I'd seriously consider breaking that TRT dosing schedule up into more frequent injections. Your effective amount is 140mg/week. I'd highly recommend 70mg 2X per week, or better yet, 60mg every 3 days. You'll have a much smoother ride, you can reduce your needle size to a small insulin syringe, and you'll have more consistent E & DHT levels.
    almostgone likes this.

Chrisp83TRT is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Youthful55guy View Post
    If testicular atrophy is not important to you, and you are satisfied with the volume of your ejaculate, then their probably isn't a need for HCG . If you don't supplement with HCG, I'd consider adding in supplementation with DHEA (~25mg/day) and pregnenolone (~50mg/day). These are upstream prohormones that are decreased in lower amounts without an LH signal.

I know this is unsolicited advice, but I'd seriously consider breaking that TRT dosing schedule up into more frequent injections. Your effective amount is 140mg/week. I'd highly recommend 70mg 2X per week, or better yet, 60mg every 3 days. You'll have a much smoother ride, you can reduce your needle size to a small insulin syringe, and you'll have more consistent E & DHT levels.
    This ^

tcw
    tcw is offline Senior Member
    If testicular atrophy is not important to you, and you are satisfied with the volume of your ejaculate, then their probably isn't a need for HCG . If you don't supplement with HCG, I'd consider adding in supplementation with DHEA (~25mg/day) and pregnenolone (~50mg/day). These are upstream prohormones that are decreased in lower amounts without an LH signal.

Thanks !

NOW....i've tried DHEA in the past as a anti-aging supplement and read that it was total BS. Truthfully i didn't feel a thing so i dropped it (maybe it was the brand...i don't know).

Pregnenolone i'll have to look into. Do you recommend a Brand?

Shot Frequency. My understanding of cypinonate is that it stays in your system up to 14 days (that' why i like it). AND the thought of 'pricking myself with a 1.5-2' needle doesn't really appeal to me. HOWEVER, i will consider what you said. AND What do you mean reduce needle size. I thought test had to be intramuscular?

Thanks very much!
    Last edited by tcw; 05-15-2018 at 06:50 AM.

EDCG19 is offline Senior Member
    It preserves fertility and that was good enough reason for me to add HCG

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Thanks !

NOW....i've tried DHEA in the past as a anti-aging supplement and read that it was total BS. Truthfully i didn't feel a thing so i dropped it (maybe it was the brand...i don't know).

Shot Frequency. My understanding of cypinonate is that it stays in your system up to 14 days (that' why i like it). AND the thought of 'pricking myself with a 1.5-2' needle doesn't really appeal to me. HOWEVER, i will consider what you said. AND What do you mean reduce needle size. I thought test had to be intramuscular?

Thanks very much!
    I've been on about every protocol there is 200mg once/month.....total hell after day 5. 200mg/2 weeks to try to get my trough level up...again totally sucked but better than once/month. Talked with my Dr. and she switched me to 100mg once/week. Finally had to bump it up to 150mg/week even though SHBG was bottom of the range and E2 was in range.
    After that she put me.on self injection and .3cc E3.5 days does me really well. I have just a tad left over, but that isn't a problem.
    Strongly recommend the 2x/week injection protocol and also the addition of HCG seemed to slightly bump up my serum T, but didn't mess with my E2.

Edit. Some guys prefer to shoot their T sub-q; believe they backload slin pins but may be mistaken?Some claim there is less aromatization, but I haven't ever tried sub-Q injections to compare.
    Last edited by almostgone; 05-15-2018 at 08:29 AM.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Thanks !

Thanks very much!
    Any brand of pregnenalone will do. I would consider adding in DHEA too. Even though you may not 'feel' anything, these both are important upstream hormones that are important to supplement if you do not use HCG .

Know you do not need to shoot yourself with harpoons for TRT. That's very old school. There have been numerous peer-reviewed publications that show subcutaneous is no different than IM for absorption kinetics and is much easier and much less painful because you can go way down on the needle size if you drop the volume and inject more frequently. It's the same weekly volume, but in smaller bite-sized chuncks. I inject 0.2 to 0.25 mL into my quadriceps muscle using a short 1/2 inch 28G insulin syringe. It takes a little longer (! 1 minute) to draw up, but it is worth it for the painless injection.

Read this thread for advice on Best Practices in TRT: https://forums.steroid.com/hormone-r...rting-trt.html

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    I've been on about every protocol there is 200mg once/month.....total hell after day 5. 200mg/2 weeks to try to get my trough level up...again totally sucked but better than once/month. Talked with my Dr. and she switched me to 100mg once/week. Finally had to bump it up to 150mg/week even though SHBG was bottom of the range and E2 was in range.
    After that she put me.on self injection and .3cc E3.5 days does me really well. I have just a tad left over, but that isn't a problem.
    Strongly recommend the 2x/week injection protocol and also the addition of HCG seemed to slightly bump up my serum T, but didn't mess with my E2.

Edit. Some guys prefer to shoot their T sub-q; believe they backload slin pins but may be mistaken?Some claim there is less aromatization, but I haven't ever tried sub-Q injections to compare.
    Guys will low SHBG absolutely need to inject more frequently. You may also do better with a longer-lasting ester like Nibido. Guys with low SHBG burn through T very rapidly because as soon as it is released from the ester, it gets metabolized by the liver because there's no SHBG to protect it. That is why small and very frequent injections work better for you.

Absolutely no need to backfill syringes. This is an unsanitary practice that should be avoided. With frequent injections, the volume goes way down with each injection, and you can easily draw up about 0.3 mL into a 28G insulin syringe within a minute. If you can't spare a minute out of your life, then you can go up to a 25G needle and that takes just a few seconds, but I recommend the smaller 28G.
    almostgone likes this.

Guys will low SHBG absolutely need to inject more frequently. You may also do better with a longer-lasting ester like Nibido. Guys with low SHBG burn through T very rapidly because as soon as it is released from the ester, it gets metabolized by the liver because there's no SHBG to protect it. That is why small and very frequent injections work better for you.

Absolutely no need to backfill syringes. This is an unsanitary practice that should be avoided. With frequent injections, the volume goes way down with each injection, and you can easily draw up about 0.3 mL into a 28G insulin syringe within a minute. If you can't spare a minute out of your life, then you can go up to a 25G needle and that takes just a few seconds, but I recommend the smaller 28G.
    Hmm, I may have to snag some 28g and try it out just for sh!ts and giggles. I wasn't too keen on backloading pins either, so I steered clear of sub-g. Do you think 29g would be feasible. I have plenty of those on hand for GH. Should just slightly increase the drawing time, right?
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Couchlockd is offline Senior Member
    Any brand of pregnenalone will do. I would consider adding in DHEA too. Even though you may not 'feel' anything, these both are important upstream hormones that are important to supplement if you do not use HCG .

Know you do not need to shoot yourself with harpoons for TRT. That's very old school. There have been numerous peer-reviewed publications that show subcutaneous is no different than IM for absorption kinetics and is much easier and much less painful because you can go way down on the needle size if you drop the volume and inject more frequently. It's the same weekly volume, but in smaller bite-sized chuncks. I inject 0.2 to 0.25 mL into my quadriceps muscle using a short 1/2 inch 28G insulin syringe. It takes a little longer (! 1 minute) to draw up, but it is worth it for the painless injection.

Read this thread for advice on Best Practices in TRT: https://forums.steroid.com/hormone-r...rting-trt.html
    I read about a protocol from "chest sculpting". com;
    2 pumps of pregnenolone cream daily
    100 mg progestin
    50 mg dhea eod
    and D-Aa daily.

I'm very sceptical

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Hmm, I may have to snag some 28g and try it out just for sh!ts and giggles. I wasn't too keen on backloading pins either, so I steered clear of sub-g. Do you think 29g would be feasible. I have plenty of those on hand for GH. Should just slightly increase the drawing time, right?
    I have injected T with 30G (have not tried 29G). Yes, it works, but it takes longer to draw up. After playing around with sizes, I landed on 28G as optimal. So, yes, give 29G a try. Trick is to invert the vial and pull the plunger all the way back and hold it there. The T oil will SLOWLY dribble or sometimes drip into the syringe. You just have to be patient. With a 28G, it takes about 1 minute for me to draw up about 0.3 mL and then I push it back in to the amount I want (0.2 to 0.25 mL). In the process, you push any excess air bubbles back in. You might need to move it around a bit to get most of the air. A few little bubbles will not hurt you.
    almostgone likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by m.hornbuckle View Post
    I read about a protocol from "chest sculpting". com;
    2 pumps of pregnenolone cream daily
    100 mg progestin
    50 mg dhea eod
    and D-Aa daily.

I'm very sceptical
    The only chest that will sculpt are man boobs! You do not want to be playing with any form of progesterone (P4)or synthetic progestins, particularly if you E is not well controlled. Women rapidly develop breast tissue during the 3rd trimester of pregnancy because both E and P4 are highly elevated. Add elevated prolactin (placental lactogen in the case of pregnancy) and you begin to lactate.
    almostgone likes this.

I have injected T with 30G (have not tried 29G). Yes, it works, but it takes longer to draw up. After playing around with sizes, I landed on 28G as optimal. So, yes, give 29G a try. Trick is to invert the vial and pull the plunger all the way back and hold it there. The T oil will SLOWLY dribble or sometimes drip into the syringe. You just have to be patient. With a 28G, it takes about 1 minute for me to draw up about 0.3 mL and then I push it back in to the amount I want (0.2 to 0.25 mL). In the process, you push any excess air bubbles back in. You might need to move it around a bit to get most of the air. A few little bubbles will not hurt you.
    Gracias!!

Thread Information