Thread: TRT clinics

T52
    T52 is offline New Member

TRT clinics

I’m almost 34 years old and just recently started trt from a clinic here in Texas. Testosterone Centers of Texas. Luckily it’s covered under insurance, but I still have to go in weekly for my shots and pay my copay. Kinda sucks but at least I’m not paying full price without insurance. My levels came back around 360, and the free test came back at 7.2 on a scale of 9-25, which was why I got approved. Not sure if they can change those numbers to get them where they need to be but I was happy to start as my test levels have been hovering around 350 for the last few years. Been as low as 320 and as high as 360. Definitely been feeling the low T symptoms, biggest was extreme fatigue.

Does anyone else use these clinics where you have to go in weekly? I’m in the Dallas area and tried to find one that would just prescribe and let me inject, but all I got was you’re in the “normal” range. I would eventually like to steer away from this and find a doctor who will prescribe and let me do it on my own, and only need to come in to check blood work.

Youthful55guy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by T52 View Post
    I’m almost 34 years old and just recently started trt from a clinic here in Texas. Testosterone Centers of Texas. Luckily it’s covered under insurance, but I still have to go in weekly for my shots and pay my copay. Kinda sucks but at least I’m not paying full price without insurance. My levels came back around 360, and the free test came back at 7.2 on a scale of 9-25, which was why I got approved. Not sure if they can change those numbers to get them where they need to be but I was happy to start as my test levels have been hovering around 350 for the last few years. Been as low as 320 and as high as 360. Definitely been feeling the low T symptoms, biggest was extreme fatigue.

Does anyone else use these clinics where you have to go in weekly? I’m in the Dallas area and tried to find one that would just prescribe and let me inject, but all I got was you’re in the “normal” range. I would eventually like to steer away from this and find a doctor who will prescribe and let me do it on my own, and only need to come in to check blood work.
    Yes, I started out that way about 6.5 years ago and it sucks to have to go in weekly, particularly for me because that was a 90 mile round trip. It gets old pretty quickly. It's even more of problem if you plan to go on a 2 week vacation.....crash in the middle of a tropical paradise!

Also, weekly injections are just not frequent enough, no matter what the TRT clinics say. Small frequent doses with an insulin syringe is current best practice. I suggest you read this post I made on best practices for TRT to compare what you are getting to what you should be getting: https://forums.steroid.com/hormone-r...rting-trt.html

I have no advice other than to look for a potential A4M doc in your area (https://www.a4m.com/find-a-doctor.html). They are usually more open to working with patients. The problem with them is that they typically don't take insurance, so you end up paying out of pocket and submitting yourself (if your insurance will even cover it). Yes, it sucks, but that's the price we men have to pay for having regulated hormones!

Thread Information