Jong7 is online now New Member

Bloodwork question

Hi. I am 47 years old. I did my bloodwork tests and I asked the lab to check for my testosterone also. They told me that the free test is the most important to check. The result is 128 pg/ml. Is this value normal for my age ? Thanks a lot in advance.

Youthful55guy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jong7 View Post
    Hi. I am 47 years old. I did my bloodwork tests and I asked the lab to check for my testosterone also. They told me that the free test is the most important to check. The result is 128 pg/ml. Is this value normal for my age ? Thanks a lot in advance.
    You need to post the normal range for the lab for that test. Every laboratory has their own "normal" range and there are also different test methods, each with their own set of normal ranges. By my lab and test method these test results are way way out of range on the upper side (LabCorp LC/MS/MS method). Obviously, that is not the case. So please post the normal ranges and then we can comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Youthful55guy View Post
    You need to post the normal range for the lab for that test. Every laboratory has their own "normal" range and there are also different test methods, each with their own set of normal ranges. By my lab and test method these test results are way way out of range on the upper side (LabCorp LC/MS/MS method). Obviously, that is not the case. So please post the normal ranges and then we can comment.
    The result is 128,49 and the normal range is 50-210 pg/ml

Youthful55guy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jong7 View Post
    The result is 128,49 and the normal range is 50-210 pg/ml
    You are almost exactly mid-range, which with the LabCorp LC/MS/MS method that many Americans are used to, that would be about 16 pg/mL. It's a very healthy level for a guy of any age.

Quote Originally Posted by Youthful55guy View Post
    You are almost exactly mid-range, which with the LabCorp LC/MS/MS method that many Americans are used to, that would be about 16 pg/mL. It's a very healthy level for a guy of any age.
    Thank you very much for your response.

Thread Information