yeahbuddy289 is offline Knowledgeable Member

HCG and Clomid counterproductive??

I’ve been trying to get my body to make testosterone again and have been taking 100mg of Clomid a day along with 500ius of hcg every three days. I had blood work done last week and my total testosterone was low but in range, my free testosterone was very low, and fsh and lh were still below 0.2.

If hcg mimicks lh, will it interfere with Clomid acting on my pituitary? My main goal is fertility so I need both lh and fsh and I’m hoping to obtain that through Clomid. Would injecting hcg which mimicks lh suppress my pituitary and make the Clomid pretty much useless? I would have thought after taking 100mg/day of Clomid for two months I would have some lh and fsh but I have nothing.

Youthful55guy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahbuddy289 View Post
    I’ve been trying to get my body to make testosterone again and have been taking 100mg of Clomid a day along with 500ius of hcg every three days. I had blood work done last week and my total testosterone was low but in range, my free testosterone was very low, and fsh and lh were still below 0.2.

If hcg mimicks lh, will it interfere with Clomid acting on my pituitary? My main goal is fertility so I need both lh and fsh and I’m hoping to obtain that through Clomid. Would injecting hcg which mimicks lh suppress my pituitary and make the Clomid pretty much useless? I would have thought after taking 100mg/day of Clomid for two months I would have some lh and fsh but I have nothing.
    Most fertility protocols combine the two. Clomid is a selective Estrogen blocker. Selective in that it works primarily in the brain to block the negative feedback of Estradiol (E2) on the brain's production of GnRH, which is the intermediary hormone that signals the pituitary to produce and release both LH and FSH (they share the same releasing hormone). When your T levels are low (as yours are), your E2 levels will also be low because E2 is made from T. That is probably why clomid is not helping you that much, you're just not making enough T or E2.

We go back an forth guessing whether you are primary or secondary hypogonadal. Quite frankly, I don't know. You've been off TRT and Nandrolone long enough for most of it to clear your system. It should have restarted by now. My best guess is that you are secondary and there's some issue going on with your production of GnRH that is independent of E2 levels. Coming off steroid use is just bringing you back to where you started before steroid use. I'm coming to believe more and more that a protocol of HMG + HCG + Clomid is going to be the magic ticket. for fertility and then hop back onto a stable protocol of TRT.

In all of our past conversations, I neglected to ask you 2 important questions: 1) have you ever had a groin injury? and 2) Have you ever had a head or whiplash injury? If the answer is yes to either of these, particularly if low T symptoms occurred after the injuries, it could give us a clue as to the origin of the problem.

yeahbuddy289 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    No I have not had any serious groin injuries.... just the occasional ouch I got hit in the balls and my stomach hurts a little. No whiplash injury and I had a mild concussion when I was younger but nothing serious.

I’m hoping my body is just very slow to come around.... gonna give it a couple more months or so before I decide to maybe look into changing things up.

Thread Information