alvin is offline New Member

What is a good Free Test to Estradiol ratio?

My latest blood test results:

Free Test - 20.1 pg/mL
    Estradiol - 30.4 pg/mL

My doc likes having my Free Test around this range, but he says he likes Free Test to be higher than Estradiol, so he upped my AI dosage.

My question: I have not read anything that actually prescribes or even suggests what an ideal Test to Estrogen ratio is, what should it be?

Youthful55guy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alvin View Post
    My latest blood test results:

Free Test - 20.1 pg/mL
    Estradiol - 30.4 pg/mL

My doc likes having my Free Test around this range, but he says he likes Free Test to be higher than Estradiol, so he upped my AI dosage.

My question: I have not read anything that actually prescribes or even suggests what an ideal Test to Estrogen ratio is, what should it be?
    Your numbers look excellent. I would not start an AI. I generally do not recommend AIs unless you are WAY out of range. Guys need E2 too for normal erections and libido. AIs are just too difficult to dose. Chances are you will end up crashing your E2 and coming down with a bad case of ED. I don't worry about my E2 until it get's into the 60's and then I will start with something more mild like DIM. I don't do AIs anymore.

There is a school of thought that E2 can go much higher than 60 as long as T is good and you are feeling OK. I don't subscribe to that school, but they make a good argument and have some good clinical evidence to back them up.

Regarding your Free T. I think your doc is right on to base your dose on Free T rather than Total T. See the graph below. It is from a dose-response experiment that I've been working on over the past year or so. I'm working on the last point now (140mg/week T-cyp) which I predict will put me at about 30pg/mL Free T. I'll probably establish my new normal dose at about 125mg (split into an E3D protocol) after I conclude the experiment in a few weeks.

What is a good Free Test to Estradiol ratio?-t-dose-graph.jpg

i_SLAM_cougars is offline Banned- for my own actions
    E2 is good for your cholesterol as well. I wouldn’t mess with it. Those numbers look solid.

alvin is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Youthful55guy View Post
    Your numbers look excellent. I would not start an AI. I generally do not recommend AIs unless you are WAY out of range. Guys need E2 too for normal erections and libido. AIs are just too difficult to dose. Chances are you will end up crashing your E2 and coming down with a bad case of ED. I don't worry about my E2 until it get's into the 60's and then I will start with something more mild like DIM. I don't do AIs anymore.

There is a school of thought that E2 can go much higher than 60 as long as T is good and you are feeling OK. I don't subscribe to that school, but they make a good argument and have some good clinical evidence to back them up.

Regarding your Free T. I think your doc is right on to base your dose on Free T rather than Total T. See the graph below. It is from a dose-response experiment that I've been working on over the past year or so. I'm working on the last point now (140mg/week T-cyp) which I predict will put me at about 30pg/mL Free T. I'll probably establish my new normal dose at about 125mg (split into an E3D protocol) after I conclude the experiment in a few weeks.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	T-dose graph.JPG 
Views:	110 
Size:	82.5 KB 
ID:	178297
    Interesting. That is good to know though, as I would rather not introduce another variable if it is not necessary.

Is it true that when your E gets a little on the high side, that you may get a little bit of acne on your upper back/shoulders?

I have been getting a couple on my shoulders every now and then, but nothing major.

Thread Information