Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Youthful55guy

Thread: Q about "Low T center" test results from labcorp

mtnman is offline New Member

Q about "Low T center" test results from labcorp

I'm 51 and went to the local "Low T center" for a test. Went through the various questionnaires and answered things favorably for TRT.

Then they take blood and send it to labcorp.

So I log into labcorp to see my results--and there is no reference to T at all. Blood panel and various things, but nothing about testosterone levels at all.

The only thing I see related is this, the SHBG:

Sex Horm Binding Glob, Serum 37.1nmol/L 19.3-76.401

Why did they not request total T and free T levels as that was the entire point of the labwork in my opinion?

Anyone have any experience with the "Low T center"?

I'm totally confused as to why there are no T numbers from labcorp.

Thanks!

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    It could be one of several things. I've had one occasion where either the LabCorp collection center didn't draw enough blood for all the tests I ordered or the lab lost or broke a vacutainer.

Another possibility is they haven't completed your tests yet, although usually it is the DHT panel oe occasionally the sensitive E2 panel that holds things up.

Did your order say completed?

I'm just speaking from my experience, I've never dealt with the business you're speaking of.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Hi thanks for responding. The labcorp website has nothing in "Status" but a final report date of 5/27/2020

This is what was ordered I suppose:

Ordered Items CBC With Differential/Platelet; Comp. Metabolic Panel (14); Urinalysis, Routine; Lipid Panel; Hemoglobin A1c; TSH; Sex Horm BindingGlob, Serum

Quote Originally Posted by mtnman View Post
    Hi thanks for responding. The labcorp website has nothing in "Status" but a final report date of 5/27/2020

This is what was ordered I suppose:

Ordered Items CBC With Differential/Platelet; Comp. Metabolic Panel (14); Urinalysis, Routine; Lipid Panel; Hemoglobin A1c; TSH; Sex Horm BindingGlob, Serum
    They definitely haven't checked your T levels, E2, LH, or FSH, although they did check SHBG. Interesting.

Sorry but all I can say is I would definitely make contact with them.

Had you previously been on HRT/ TRT?
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    They definitely haven't checked your T levels, E2, LH, or FSH, although they did check SHBG. Interesting.

Sorry but all I can say is I would definitely make contact with them.

Had you previously been on HRT/ TRT?

I have not ever had HRT/TRT prior to this.

I have an appointment with them again on Tuesday to review the results and develop a plan for treatment, or not I suppose.

This may be a waste of time and money when I could probably find another way to obtain what I'm looking for.

Selling T would appear to be their business model--maybe they want plausible deniability if they get audited or something--not sure at all but can't figure out no T numbers on the blood work. I'll definitely ask on Tuesday.

I have not ever had HRT/TRT prior to this.

I have an appointment with them again on Tuesday to review the results and develop a plan for treatment, or not I suppose.

This may be a waste of time and money when I could probably find another way to obtain what I'm looking for.

Selling T would appear to be their business model--maybe they want plausible deniability if they get audited or something--not sure at all but can't figure out no T numbers on the blood work. I'll definitely ask on Tuesday.
    I don't think they would go to the trouble of the labs without a plan. Perhaps they have a less expensive service run their T panels?

I'm going to move this to the TRT area since this is your first time with HRT/ TRT. I encourage you to read some of the threads in there, especially the following 2 threads:

https://forums.steroid.com/hormone-r...physician.html

https://forums.steroid.com/hormone-r...rting-trt.html

Youthful55guy is offline Senior Member
    I'm guessing that they just made a mistake in the lab orders. It happens. I would discuss it with them and get a new set of labs. Since they are testing for SHBG, I'm guessing they will use the calculation method for Free T. in order to do that, you need both SHBG and Total T, preferably from the same lab draw.
    almostgone likes this.

Youthful55guy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cylon357 View Post
    I don't really think that is particularly likely, not for the least of which is that I don't think the typical Low-T clinic accepts insurance. But like I said, spitballin'.
    I started out my first 3 months 8+ years ago at a Low T clinic. They did take my insurance for the T injections, but it came with 3 big catches.

1) They charge separately for HCG and an arm and a leg price at that and insurance won't pay for it.

2) They did not give T to go. I had to make a 90 mile round trip once per week to get my T fix. This was acceptable at first, but I had a 3 week vacation on the horizon and the thought of going through T withdrawal while on an expensive vacation with my family gave me incentive to find a doc that would prescribe for self injections and also give me a script for HCG.

3) Weekly injections suck big time. Even though I was much improved over pre-TRT, I still had problems at the end of the injection cycle. Usually beginning around day 5. I needed to get on a more frequent injection schedule of smaller amounts to get of the hormonal roller coaster. I eventually landed on an every 3 day 40mg protocol. I've since upped this to 40mg E2D as my standard go to protocol.

Quote Originally Posted by Youthful55guy View Post
    I started out my first 3 months 8+ years ago at a Low T clinic. They did take my insurance for the T injections, but it came with 3 big catches.

1) They charge separately for HCG and an arm and a leg price at that and insurance won't pay for it.

2) They did not give T to go. I had to make a 90 mile round trip once per week to get my T fix. This was acceptable at first, but I had a 3 week vacation on the horizon and the thought of going through T withdrawal while on an expensive vacation with my family gave me incentive to find a doc that would prescribe for self injections and also give me a script for HCG.

3) Weekly injections suck big time. Even though I was much improved over pre-TRT, I still had problems at the end of the injection cycle. Usually beginning around day 5. I needed to get on a more frequent injection schedule of smaller amounts to get of the hormonal roller coaster. I eventually landed on an every 3 day 40mg protocol. I've since upped this to 40mg E2D as my standard go to protocol.

Thanks everyone for the replies.

So I went back this morning and found that they do the T blood screen at the office.

My total T was 401 one week ago, 471 today. I did start crossfit last week so that may have made some difference. It's kicking my ass to be sure.

Free T was 7.6.

Doc says he wants to get me to 700-800 total and free of 15-20.

I received a 200mg T cyp today, going back on Saturday for a 160mg shot.

Hopefully this makes a difference for me. I shall see what happens--no plan to ever stop the treatment it sounds like and if this works I have no plan to stop.

Insurance is covering the shots with a $25 copay. not a bad deal overall for legit treatment imo.

Thanks everyone for the replies.

So I went back this morning and found that they do the T blood screen at the office.

My total T was 401 one week ago, 471 today. I did start crossfit last week so that may have made some difference. It's kicking my ass to be sure.

Free T was 7.6.

Doc says he wants to get me to 700-800 total and free of 15-20.

I received a 200mg T cyp today, going back on Saturday for a 160mg shot.

Hopefully this makes a difference for me. I shall see what happens--no plan to ever stop the treatment it sounds like and if this works I have no plan to stop.

Insurance is covering the shots with a $25 copay. not a bad deal overall for legit treatment imo.
    Did you ever get a value and range for your SHBG from your labs?

Did you ever get a value and range for your SHBG from your labs?

This was from labcorp:

Sex Horm Binding Glob, Serum 37.1nmol/L 19.3-76.401

Also---is 700-800 total T and 15-20 free T enough to gain mass if I workout hard (and I do workout pretty hard) ?

I weigh 138 (5'7") and I want to weigh about 160. That's what I weighed when I was 21 or so--strong, a little fat but not too bad.

I'm in decent cardio and strength shape aimed specifically to mountain activities--I have some potential, pretty good athlete, naturally lean, can move uphill at high altitudes (which was my sole training purpose previously). I have a new purpose now--get bigger.
    Last edited by mtnman; 06-02-2020 at 11:41 AM.

Also---is 700-800 total T and 15-20 free T enough to gain mass if I workout hard (and I do workout pretty hard) ?

I weigh 138 (5'7") and I want to weigh about 160. That's what I weighed when I was 21 or so--strong, a little fat but not too bad.

I'm in decent cardio and strength shape aimed specifically to mountain activities--I have some potential, pretty good athlete, naturally lean, can move uphill at high altitudes (which was my sole training purpose previously). I have a new purpose now--get bigger.
    Well, your SHBG isn't terrible, but yes, the increase in free will help you with your goals. You most likely aren't going to get freaky huge, lol, but certainly you will build some quality muscle if your lifting regimen and diet are good.
    Will you be able to do your own injections bat some point?

Well, your SHBG isn't terrible, but yes, the increase in free will help you with your goals. You most likely aren't going to get freaky huge, lol, but certainly you will build some quality muscle if your lifting regimen and diet are good.
    Will you be able to do your own injections bat some point?
    Yes, I can take this home in the future.

Thread Information