Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By KINGKONG
  • 1 Post By Test Monsterone

Thread: Low T / no rebound - 7 years after going to prison mid cycle.

itszander is offline New Member

Low T / no rebound - 7 years after going to prison mid cycle.

Hey all, first post here but have been reading off and on for a very long time. Its been a great source of information and entertainment... Big thanks to everyone who makes this community a resource for those interested in AAS / TRT.

I am writing today to share some of my experiences, and seek some advice / thoughts on TRT+. I will be providing a brief history of my situation, questions follow if you want to skip to the end. Im also happy to answer any questions that I am able to answer. I hope you enjoy my share and can assist me with my questions.

Relevant Info: I am 27 now

Early Use

I started the use of anabolics when I was 17, at first with pro-hormone style otc then later into the real stuff. At first I was not very responsible, I was young and still learning, my post cycles were trash, I was too extreme for my age while on cycle, I took interest in alt substance use like ghb, peptides, HCG , letrozole and insulin ... fortunately, my body did not get to messed up and I would fully rebound post cycle despite my best efforts to self sabotage via laziness.

by the time i turned 19 I was much more informed and safer while using AAS but I had also developed a fairly strong addiction to ghb. Additionally I regularly took a number of other recreational drugs (including but not limited to ketamine, heroin, mdma, xanax and ghb... too many prescriptions to mention), these actions had their own physical, mental and emotional consequences and am confident overlapped in damaging my body while using juice.

Prison

fast forward to just a little before my 20th birthday I am detained by a branch of the fed gov (not going to get into details) and held in a long term holding federal prison while awaiting a hearing before a judge, it ended up taking 8 months to see a judge and was released following my hearing.
    At the time of my arrest I was in the middle of a moderate tren / test / var cycle (I cant recall the doses) - note - I was 2-3 months sober from drugs at this time. I was obviously unable to do any kind of post cycle and the prison doctors refused to provide me with any kind of medical assistance. After 30 days I was starting to develop severe symptoms including gyno, severe achene, extreme fatigue, weight-loss etc... despite all this I sucked it up and continued to work out daily and take care of my body, I even wiggled my way into working in the kitchen so I could get access to better nutrition.

During my time locked up symptoms would fluctuate, most notably hypogonadism and gyno. My body was attempting to get back to normal, but never quite could...

All in all, prison fucking sucks, but I made it though to the other side alive with my morals in check.

After Prison

Following my release from prison I sought medical assistance as I still had some symptoms that I wanted to address. I had blood work done and was given some medication for the gyno, I did a sperm count check etc. My body was clearly damaged but showed signs of being on the path to recovering. Multiple doctors advised me to let my body repair its self over time and not go back on the juice (i listened).
    I continued to have my levels checked twice a year for 4 years following my release, T and E levels would fluctuate but T remained low, peeked around 350ng. Eventually i stopped having my levels checked as often because they had leveled out and showed improvement. I was an otherwise healthy young adult and my doctors did not have cause for concern, all symptoms had gone away and life was just fine. I continued to eat healthy and exercise regularly...

Recently

In the past 12-24 months small symptoms have popped back up, I have gained a noticeable amount of adipose tissue, decreased sex drive, lethargy, fatigue, slightly tender nipples, decline in sex drive. etc.. despite eating clean and even increasing the amount i work out.

I went in yesterday morning to have my levels checked (it has been over a year since I last tested T levels) to my dismay, but expectation I showed 192ng / dl. The doctor advised me that it may be time to consider indefinite TRT. I go back in next week to get more blood drawn as well as conduct other hormone tests (thyroid, cortisol, gh... etc).

At this point I do feel that doing TRT is the right move for my health and emotional state.

other info: I have been off drugs for 8 years (since I stopped before being arrested)

Questions
    - If you are on TRT, do you like it, do you feel the need to use any additional anabolic substances to get desired effects.
    - Is their any reason I should not self administer test (ugl) vs Low T type clinic
    - If I decide to use other AAS how should i best handle post cycle considering I need to stay on test indefinitely, anything I should be aware of if I decide to do this.
    - I have scheduled full physical check up, body composition check, physical performance check, full panel bloods.. anything else I should do prior to starting treatment.

Thank you,

Z

KINGKONG is offline Knowledgeable Member

Low T / no rebound - 7 years after going to prison mid cycle.

I have a similar story and my body never did get back to normal..As long as I want to be bodybuilding trt is necessary..sounds like your in a similar boat..I've found low dose test and low dose deca has 125-200 mg of test and 100 mg deca every week is plenty to keep me where I wanna be with proper training and nutrition, anymore then that and I'll have to endure sides and take ancillary medications..I use a good ugl because iam not flush with cash and see little difference running pharm and paying for doc visits and scripts..if I had a excess of cash I'd probably be getting more frequent bloods and running a pharm grade testosterone ..I don't think I'll run test forever but at 40 years old it suits me..I'll re-evaluate as I get older..I can honestly tell you for me running 1 gram and 250 mg the only difference was sides and strength, my body composition is very similar..It's either that hard to break a genetic boundary or I wasn't eating to my full potential?Probably not eating to full potential but I don't think very many have what it takes to be eating clean food all the time..
    Play with your diet and dosages but stay consistent..imo it's what causes most the sides, the only time I have a problem with sides is coming off or on a cycle..so stick with a dose for 12-20 weeks then stick with a lower dose for the same at minimum..we are all different..that being said ,after trying every variable multiple times this is what has kept me with the highest reward vs. risk for my goals..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by KINGKONG; 08-01-2020 at 06:03 PM.
    956Vette and Test Monsterone like this.

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KINGKONG View Post
    I have a similar story and my body never did get back to normal..As long as I want to be bodybuilding trt is necessary..sounds like your in a similar boat..I've found low dose test and low dose deca has 125-200 mg of test and 100 mg deca every week is plenty to keep me where I wanna be with proper training and nutrition, anymore then that and I'll have to endure sides and take ancillary medications..I use a good ugl because iam not flush with cash and see little difference running pharm and paying for doc visits and scripts..if I had a excess of cash I'd probably be getting more frequent bloods and running a pharm grade testosterone ..I don't think I'll run test forever but at 40 years old it suits me..I'll re-evaluate as I get older..I can honestly tell you for me running 1 gram and 250 mg the only difference was sides and strength, my body composition is very similar..It's either that hard to break a genetic boundary or I wasn't eating to my full potential?Probably not eating to full potential but I don't think very many have what it takes to be eating clean food all the time..
    Play with your diet and dosages but stay consistent..imo it's what causes most the sides, the only time I have a problem with sides is coming off or on a cycle..so stick with a dose for 12-20 weeks then stick with a lower dose for the same at minimum..we are all different..that being said ,after trying every variable multiple times this is what has kept me with the highest reward vs. risk for my goals..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Traditionally I would do just 125 or 150 mg of test per week with trt, but I think I’m gonna do 250 now and see if I can maintain decent bloods. On 150 or less I was losing most of the gains I made on cycle, which weren’t much to begin with. I agree that being on a much higher dose doesn’t yield much better results.
    KINGKONG likes this.

Thread Information