Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By fLgAtOr
  • 1 Post By almostgone
  • 1 Post By fLgAtOr

Thread: HCG to Gonadorelin?

fLgAtOr is offline Anabolic Member

HCG to Gonadorelin?

Hi folks.

I'm a little concerned after realizing that my Dr. is now including Gonadorelin in place of my normal HCG rx. My doc does use a compounding pharmacy and it looks like HCG was reclassified recently as a biologic...but of course he failed to mention that. All he told me was it was a little more effective. And I'm growing more concerned that I can't find a great deal of info here on it either.

Would anyone be able to set my mind at ease, or at least point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance.

Re-reading my frantic post, I guess I need to clarify...

Has this happened to anyone else this year?

And what have been the experiences with it so far?

David LoPan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Looks like you are correct that HCG was/is one of these drugs that will now be deemed a biologic product by the FDA. This means that starting on March 23, 2020, pharmacies will no longer be able to compound with hCG and will only be able to offer the commercial or generic form available only in injectable format.

I do not use a compounding pharmacy and get mine from a DR RX but it comes in the mail. Sorry I can not help you with your question about Gonadorelin. Gonadorelin is out of my body of knowledge, but I bet that someone here knows more about it.

Quote Originally Posted by David LoPan View Post
    Looks like you are correct that HCG was/is one of these drugs that will now be deemed a biologic product by the FDA. This means that starting on March 23, 2020, pharmacies will no longer be able to compound with hCG and will only be able to offer the commercial or generic form available only in injectable format.

I do not use a compounding pharmacy and get mine from a DR RX but it comes in the mail. Sorry I can not help you with your question about Gonadorelin. Gonadorelin is out of my body of knowledge, but I bet that someone here knows more about it.
    Thank you. That's partly what confuses me; why, with a RX do they need to use a compounding pharm (that won't pony up for a biologics license) and 'move my cheese.' I'm sure someone's getting paid somewhere.
    Cylon357 likes this.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by fLgAtOr View Post
    Thank you. That's partly what confuses me; why, with a RX do they need to use a compounding pharm (that won't pony up for a biologics license) and 'move my cheese.' I'm sure someone's getting paid somewhere.
    I have a friend that is in the same boat. His provider switched him to gonadorelin acetate. He says he prefers it to the HCG he was originally prescribed.
    fLgAtOr likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by fLgAtOr View Post
    Re-reading my frantic post, I guess I need to clarify...

Has this happened to anyone else this year?

And what have been the experiences with it so far?
    Just out of curiosity, are you using Royal Medical Centers for your HRT provider?
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Just out of curiosity, are you using Royal Medical Centers for your HRT provider?
    I’m not. And the pharmacy is on the other side of the peninsula.

Quote Originally Posted by Cylon357 View Post
    You can believe that. In all things, if you really want to know what is going on and why, follow the money.
    Always, right?

The doc and I have had an ok relationship. He’s not terrible, and has been supportive when I’ve made adjustments on my own. We talk it through and back it up with bw.

Started talking about fertility and he admitted it was beyond his scope.

So. I guess I have some reading to do.
    956Vette likes this.

Cornish is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    I am. And they made the switch.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Cornish View Post
    I am. And they made the switch.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    Yes sir, that's the HRT provider for a friend of mine.

Thread Information