Like Tree84Likes

Thread: Coming off TRT to get pregnant.

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Hip replacement, correct?

Wow, that shit scares me I think more than another embolization

All my best wishes man!

PistolPete33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Yep, Hip Resurfacing. I had my other one replaced 10 years ago and now this one is shot. It will be nice not living in pain any longer and being majorly restricted with my movement. The past 6 months have been really difficult and bending over is a chore. Not looking forward to the recovery but looking forward to being recovered. I'm hoping I can get my fiance pregnant before surgery but who the hell knows at this point. I never called the Urologist to make an appointment so I will deal with that once I'm mostly recovered.

Quote Originally Posted by < <Samson> > View Post
    Hip replacement, correct?

Wow, that shit scares me I think more than another embolization

All my best wishes man!
    < <Samson> > likes this.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PistolPete33 View Post
    Yep, Hip Resurfacing. I had my other one replaced 10 years ago and now this one is shot. It will be nice not living in pain any longer and being majorly restricted with my movement. The past 6 months have been really difficult and bending over is a chore. Not looking forward to the recovery but looking forward to being recovered. I'm hoping I can get my fiance pregnant before surgery but who the hell knows at this point. I never called the Urologist to make an appointment so I will deal with that once I'm mostly recovered.
    ive heard for MANY people and doctors now how easy hip replacement is and rarely complications anymore. A friend of mine (His wife) had both her hips replaced within 4 months and ran her first marathon less than 6 months after. I wish shoulders were as simple. I thought they were until I talked to a few people and doctors. There are a lot less moving parts with the hip I guess.

As far as getting pregnant, that is the plan and we will know more later this week after meeting with the fertility clinic again.

I hope it’s a quick recovery. The last one was challenging but I felt good within a few months. 8 weeks post op I was doing light leg presses so I’m expecting the same. I think at 3 months I was training BJJ a bit again. I will wait till the 6 month mark to get back to that though.

Def keep me updated on the pregnancy I’m super curious how you make out. I’m hoping I can get mine pregnant but who the hell knows. Haha. Sex is tough right now. This week her chances are high so we are doing it a lot and it is sooooo hard to finish. Things start going soft and then it’s a struggle. My orgasms have been kinda weak too. I need to get back on the sauce. Lmao

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    ive heard for MANY people and doctors now how easy hip replacement is and rarely complications anymore. A friend of mine (His wife) had both her hips replaced within 4 months and ran her first marathon less than 6 months after. I wish shoulders were as simple. I thought they were until I talked to a few people and doctors. There are a lot less moving parts with the hip I guess.

As far as getting pregnant, that is the plan and we will know more later this week after meeting with the fertility clinic again.
    lovbyts likes this.

Blog Entries
    That’s just amazing to hear - that “we” recover from things like this mower days

Fake joints, glued together brain & so on

Seriously, it’s amazing our bodies can be cut open, ripped apart, bones replaced with metal, glued back together and we somehow heal and are better than before. Lmao

That’s just amazing to hear - that “we” recover from things like this mower days

Fake joints, glued together brain & so on
    < <Samson> > and lovbyts like this.

I got my Testosterone numbers back yesterday and they are a bit higher than I would have though. Prob. due to the 50mg/Clomid ED. Def. good to see it higher than expected. Should also help with pregnancy. Here are my numbers:

TESTOSTERONE , TOTAL 424 ng/dL 250 - 1100 ng/dL

FREE TESTOSTERONE 95.8 pg/mL 35.0 - 155.0 pg/mL

Last night was rough. We had sex and again around the 10 min mark I just struggle to finish. I couldn't finish last night and my junk went limp. So frustrating and discouraging as I've never in my life had these issues.

Nothing has really changed. Still feel the same. Libido has been ok the past two days. The gym is the same. Strength is still down as expected but not terrible. I’m a week and a half out from my surgery so I’m super anxious. Next month will be the 3 month mark from coming off so if I’m getting any swimmers it should be next month or the following. Sucks we will likely miss the window next month because of my surgery. Guess it gives me something to look forward to post op.

I got my Testosterone numbers back yesterday and they are a bit higher than I would have though. Prob. due to the 50mg/Clomid ED. Def. good to see it higher than expected. Should also help with pregnancy. Here are my numbers:

TESTOSTERONE , TOTAL 424 ng/dL 250 - 1100 ng/dL

FREE TESTOSTERONE 95.8 pg/mL 35.0 - 155.0 pg/mL

Last night was rough. We had sex and again around the 10 min mark I just struggle to finish. I couldn't finish last night and my junk went limp. So frustrating and discouraging as I've never in my life had these issues.
    I just got back on the juice last week and my GP ran it as part of my yearly physical. No free testosterone done though.
    Im not sure if mine was high due to just getting back on and doing the shot 2 days before or?? Im starting to feel normal again and even have a bit more energy. I did about 5x as much shoveling dirt yesterday than I had planned or thought I could do especially with the almost no functioning left shoulder.

Testosterone Total 1,199 ng/dL 264 - 916 ng/dL

Wow, your levels are def high. How much are you taking. Could be that spike you mentioned. I’m not sure who I’m going to go with when I jump back on. I found a clinic that has reasonable pricing. I like the idea of getting it prescribed for when I travel etc. thought about getting that once and then just not using it except for when I travel. I’m going to meet with an endo once I’m able to Post Op. I will see if he will prescribe what I need.

When do they do your implant to get pregnant?

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    I just got back on the juice last week and my GP ran it as part of my yearly physical. No free testosterone done though.
    Im not sure if mine was high due to just getting back on and doing the shot 2 days before or?? Im starting to feel normal again and even have a bit more energy. I did about 5x as much shoveling dirt yesterday than I had planned or thought I could do especially with the almost no functioning left shoulder.

Testosterone Total 1,199 ng/dL 264 - 916 ng/dL

Wow, your levels are def high. How much are you taking. Could be that spike you mentioned. I’m not sure who I’m going to go with when I jump back on. I found a clinic that has reasonable pricing. I like the idea of getting it prescribed for when I travel etc. thought about getting that once and then just not using it except for when I travel. I’m going to meet with an endo once I’m able to Post Op. I will see if he will prescribe what I need.

When do they do your implant to get pregnant?
    Im only doing about .3cc 2x a week with 100mg/ml.
    Yeah Im thinking it's just a spike from just starting up again and the

We may have ran into a drawback. We started out planning to do IVF until we saw the price sheet, $$$$$ We decided to do IUI but for some reason the fertility place didnt tell us that you cant do the manual sperm extraction and IUI, it has to be ejaculated for some reason or at least that is what the Urologist told me a couple of days ago via email.

We will talk to the fertility place this week to figure out what is going to happen.

Damn that sucks. Hopefully it all works out. We looked into the process and it's like $25,000. I don't think either of our insurances cover that either. Hoping we get pregnant in the next 2 months but who the hell knows. Next month will be a wash as I will be recovering and we will miss the window of her cycle. March will have to be do or die. haha
    lovbyts likes this.

Blog Entries
    Well, I’m def shooting straight blanks - anything is possible, buuuuuut

Ever since you put up the 1st post, me & the wife were like fuck it - let’s see if it can happen. . . Apparently almost 3 months later - nothing & we tried(I solid dozen loads deep a month trying) < I don’t do tmi

I never did the basic sperm count test at home - but, now the results speak for themselves

Straight blanks - oh well, for now

GL man, just keep yourself together. My old gym guru told me 3-6 months(actually up to a year) - it took him right about six months to knock up his new lady after coming off trt(I believe, I thought it was less - but 6 months is what I remember him saying now) - he was on for a decade, I believe. As soon as he did - he jumped right back on
    PistolPete33 likes this.

This is what I was planning. Everything says typically 4 months to a year. I started out in September or October taking 5000 IUS HCG and did that for 10 weeks. Hoping that "may" have kickstarted things. At the end of November I came off and 2 weeks later ran 100mg Clomid and 40mg Nolva for 6 weeks. I dropped the Nolva and have been running 50mg/Clomid ED. I'm hoping I can get her pregnant before the summer but who knows. Going thru surgery at the same time is certain to slow things down.

Well, I’m def shooting straight blanks - anything is possible, buuuuuut

Ever since you put up the 1st post, me & the wife were like fuck it - let’s see if it can happen. . . Apparently almost 3 months later - nothing & we tried(I solid dozen loads deep a month trying) < I don’t do tmi

I never did the basic sperm count test at home - but, now the results speak for themselves

Straight blanks - oh well, for now

GL man, just keep yourself together. My old gym guru told me 3-6 months(actually up to a year) - it took him right about six months to knock up his new lady after coming off trt(I believe, I thought it was less - but 6 months is what I remember him saying now) - he was on for a decade, I believe. As soon as he did - he jumped right back on
    lovbyts and < <Samson> > like this.

I feel pretty good today. Strength was up a bit in the gym so that's encouraging. I feel like I have a lot of motivation today. I did not have that yesterday but I skipped the gym and it was a heavy snow day so I just was lazy overall... I'm exactly 1 week out from surgery and things are getting real. Super nervous about that and the recovery. I'm in pretty good shape as I've been working out (although not at the intensity I would want to) so I'm pretty certain the recovery will be better than most. Everyone that has recently gotten it done on another forum all said the first 2 weeks you will question why the hell you went thru with it but starting week 3 things start coming back together.

Blog Entries
    Good luck man - I’m so tired of hospitals & surgeries. . . I just hope my body keeps itself together for at least a while after all of this.

I read some of your stories and that is fuxking super scary. Do they have everything under control? Have you been able to go to the gym at all?

Good luck man - I’m so tired of hospitals & surgeries. . . I just hope my body keeps itself together for at least a while after all of this.

Blog Entries
    I read some of your stories and that is fuxking super scary. Do they have everything under control? Have you been able to go to the gym at all?

Lol, it comes & goes

I’m back in the gym at about 85-90% rn

Super scary - shit, you got another fake hip coming - that scares me, I dunno about as bad as brain surgery - but

I been keeping my thread fairly updated in the off topic section - and, my current avi is from 2 days ago

I’m going till I can’t anymore - in every possible aspect
    PistolPete33 likes this.

My fiance and I were talking last night about surgery and both agreed it is prob. better to have surgery on your joints than on your organs. I think there is less risk. Glad you're still crushing it in the gym. Stay healthy.

Lol, it comes & goes

I’m back in the gym at about 85-90% rn

Super scary - shit, you got another fake hip coming - that scares me, I dunno about as bad as brain surgery - but

I been keeping my thread fairly updated in the off topic section - and, my current avi is from 2 days ago

I’m going till I can’t anymore - in every possible aspect
    < <Samson> > likes this.

Blog Entries
    It all depends -

After all of this, I've seen it all & felt a lot -

Just met a guy with a failing liver - 50 years old, looks like he's 70 - Doesn't drink or smoke. . . . I asked what his opinion on why he thinks it happened, he said massive stress over time

Just talked to my neighbor, she had a full frontal left lobe craniotomy & resection at the age of 24 - 3 surgeries, the last one corrected the first 2. It was done by Barrow Neurological, same place that did mine - she said I got real lucky to have them do my embolization

I have met about a handful of guys who lost all their size due to back injuries

I'm just following you along bud, I have been trying to knock up the wife while still juiced for the last 2-3 months - nothing. . . So, I am really interested on how long the suffering will be when/if I make myself come off

Wow, that's wild. My fiancé's aunt died in August at just 43. She got Stage 4 lung cancer and died within a few months. fucking sucks.

As for getting pregnant it totally sucks I'm having surgery. I won't get a true time frame for getting pregnant because the next month will be a wash. She starts her period next week so we shall see. Would be a great surprise if she is now but I won't hold my breath. We will likely miss the window for next month but who knows maybe we'll still be able to have sex. I tried not coming off for a few months and absolutely nothing which is why I came off. You could try the HMG route as I've heard a lot of guys have great success with that and you don't have to come off.

It all depends -

After all of this, I've seen it all & felt a lot -

Just met a guy with a failing liver - 50 years old, looks like he's 70 - Doesn't drink or smoke. . . . I asked what his opinion on why he thinks it happened, he said massive stress over time

Just talked to my neighbor, she had a full frontal left lobe craniotomy & resection at the age of 24 - 3 surgeries, the last one corrected the first 2. It was done by Barrow Neurological, same place that did mine - she said I got real lucky to have them do my embolization

I have met about a handful of guys who lost all their size due to back injuries

I'm just following you along bud, I have been trying to knock up the wife while still juiced for the last 2-3 months - nothing. . . So, I am really interested on how long the suffering will be when/if I make myself come off

vanisle4x4 is offline New Member
    Wow, that's wild. My fiancé's aunt died in August at just 43. She got Stage 4 lung cancer and died within a few months. fucking sucks.

As for getting pregnant it totally sucks I'm having surgery. I won't get a true time frame for getting pregnant because the next month will be a wash. She starts her period next week so we shall see. Would be a great surprise if she is now but I won't hold my breath. We will likely miss the window for next month but who knows maybe we'll still be able to have sex. I tried not coming off for a few months and absolutely nothing which is why I came off. You could try the HMG route as I've heard a lot of guys have great success with that and you don't have to come off.
    What's HMG? Curious if you meant HCG , I run that currently and noticed a huge different in my sperm load size and colour.

I only started because I started dating a girl about 7 months ago and she's changed my interests in eventually having kids so I wasn't sure if it was possible and I gotta say I don't have labs to see if the count is up but visible much different.

Sent from my SM-G986W using Tapatalk
    PistolPete33 likes this.

Blog Entries
    Never heard of HMG

Just hold yourself together, 6 months to a year ain’t shit when you’re looking at the big picture(well, in most cases)
    PistolPete33 likes this.

Look into HMG as a lot of pros o guess use it to get pregnant.

So, my surgery is in 4 days and tomorrow I have to start taking my pre-op meds. I will take my HCG and Clomid tonight and then stop taking both until after my surgery. I prob won’t take either while I’m on any pain meds. No idea if they have any interactions but I obviously don’t want to find out. I’m thinking I will start back on both next Saturday.

Never heard of HMG

Just hold yourself together, 6 months to a year ain’t shit when you’re looking at the big picture(well, in most cases)

No, HCG and HMG are different. Taking HCG during a cycle and or TRT is a very smart thing to do to keep your testes functioning. HMG is a different compound. One of my friends is a retired pro bodybuilder and he said this is what a lot of the pros take when they want a pregnancy without coming off. He wanted me to try it but I instead thought I would try coming off. I have no experience with it and research shows it works for some but not all. When doing my research the odds were def. greater with coming off and running 3000ius HCG/week and 50mg/Clomid ED. Sperm takes 3-4 months to mature so anything you do today won't impact anything for 3-4 months.

Quote Originally Posted by vanisle4x4 View Post
    What's HMG? Curious if you meant HCG, I run that currently and noticed a huge different in my sperm load size and colour.

I only started because I started dating a girl about 7 months ago and she's changed my interests in eventually having kids so I wasn't sure if it was possible and I gotta say I don't have labs to see if the count is up but visible much different.

vanisle4x4 is offline New Member
    No, HCG and HMG are different. Taking HCG during a cycle and or TRT is a very smart thing to do to keep your testes functioning. HMG is a different compound. One of my friends is a retired pro bodybuilder and he said this is what a lot of the pros take when they want a pregnancy without coming off. He wanted me to try it but I instead thought I would try coming off. I have no experience with it and research shows it works for some but not all. When doing my research the odds were def. greater with coming off and running 3000ius HCG/week and 50mg/Clomid ED. Sperm takes 3-4 months to mature so anything you do today won't impact anything for 3-4 months.
    Well I hope it works brother, I can atest to hcg ove run it for about 4 months and what a difference. I actually think it's better for quality and size now than ever in my previous natural life honestly.

Blog Entries
    Since I'm running Provirion now constantly, I looked into it. It supposedly is prescribed to help fertility.

I'll look into HMG - y not

Do you use tribulus? I would add into my insane PCT if I actually made the leap to come off

I’ve never taken that but might be worth a shot. I was taking Longjack up until today. Not sure I noticed anything from it. I was hoping to get my libido back but no such luck. Maybe I will try that when I start recovering. I’m afraid to take anything for the next week as I don’t want any complications with surgery and recovery

Since I'm running Provirion now constantly, I looked into it. It supposedly is prescribed to help fertility.

I'll look into HMG - y not

Do you use tribulus? I would add into my insane PCT if I actually made the leap to come off

Blog Entries
    I don’t know if I’ll b lucky enough for this to work for me

But, I’m so undeceive & my health is all over the place. But, me & the wife are still good - she said she’d love to have another kid by me < that meant something, to me at least - but, a part of me doesn’t wanna come off at all & just bull shit while I still can - if it worked without me coming off it’d b such a win. . . Coming off for me now would fuck me up

I looked up the HMG - where would I get it? And, it’s for female fertility - but, I guess it works on either

I don't feel horrible right now at about 10 weeks off. Strength is def. down but it's not terrible. The worst part is my libido is pretty shot which it is usually insanely high. We used to have sex 7 days a week and now it's once or twice and I'm actually fine with that. Before I would be out of control. haha. There was one week that was REALLY tough which was the week of Christmas. That was my low point but it's gradually gotten a little better each week.

As for HMG it seems somewhat promising. I believe it would be like anything else though and you would have to run it for at least 4 months and I think you need high doses of it also. It can get pricey esp. if it doesn't work. I'm hoping once recovered I will meet with an Endo and have a spermanalsys done.

I will send you a PM regarding HMG

I don’t know if I’ll b lucky enough for this to work for me

But, I’m so undeceive & my health is all over the place. But, me & the wife are still good - she said she’d love to have another kid by me < that meant something, to me at least - but, a part of me doesn’t wanna come off at all & just bull shit while I still can - if it worked without me coming off it’d b such a win. . . Coming off for me now would fuck me up

I looked up the HMG - where would I get it? And, it’s for female fertility - but, I guess it works on either

Tomorrow is my big day for surgery. I’m so nervous and anxious. This sucks beyond words can describe but hoping all goes well. I will be in good hands so that helps

Blog Entries
    Tomorrow is my big day for surgery. I’m so nervous and anxious. This sucks beyond words can describe but hoping all goes well. I will be in good hands so that helps

Relax, it ain’t brain surgery < I love using that one

GL brother, post back whenever you feel better
    PistolPete33 likes this.

Thank you I appreciate it. Surgery went well no issues. In my hospital room now. I’ve already been up walking (with a walker) which seems insane to me. I feel ok. Not on any serious pain meds and pain levels are manageable right now

Relax, it ain’t brain surgery < I love using that one

GL brother, post back whenever you feel better

Blog Entries
    Thank you I appreciate it. Surgery went well no issues. In my hospital room now. I’ve already been up walking (with a walker) which seems insane to me. I feel ok. Not on any serious pain meds and pain levels are manageable right now
    You’re up & walking?! Wow, just wow!

You’re not wolverine & your bones aren’t adamantium, right? Lol

That’s amazing - a hip replaced & walking darn near right away

Like I said, it’s no brain surgery - I was on a bed a alarm for three days post procedure(I believe) - I told em, I wouldn’t even try - but, it took them a while to trust me after my previous history.

I was learning to walk about four days later - what’s kinda nice was, it was with two hot ass nurses holding me up - they didn’t give me a walker. . . Two days later I walked on my own

Enough about my shit - that’s awesome to hear. Decent timing too, let both recover at once - “I think” you’ll bang out a kid fairly quickly - I’m kinda almost surprised it wasn’t even faster. But, “us” being on so long really does change shit up inside of us.

That’s crazy having to relearn how to walk. Must have been so scary. Def keep me posted with your recovery. I had PT again this morning and they had me doing a bunch of strengthening exercises and more walking. I’m already able to walk foot over foot on the walker so she was surprised with that. I have one more session before I leave where I have to do the stairs. Ugh.
    < <Samson> > likes this.

Blog Entries
    That’s crazy having to relearn how to walk. Must have been so scary. Def keep me posted with your recovery. I had PT again this morning and they had me doing a bunch of strengthening exercises and more walking. I’m already able to walk foot over foot on the walker so she was surprised with that. I have one more session before I leave where I have to do the stairs. Ugh.

Just amazing bro!

Well, I was at some serious peace before I had to even think about walking again - I lost most mobility for two days prior to the surgery, so - just regaining feeling in my limbs was a win as soon as I came out

I can only imagine. I had spinal anesthesia so when I woke up from surgery I couldn’t move my legs or toes at all for 2.5 hours. It was such a scary feeling. I can only imagine what you went thru and how happy you were to get even any feeling back

Just amazing bro!

Well, I was at some serious peace before I had to even think about walking again - I lost most mobility for two days prior to the surgery, so - just regaining feeling in my limbs was a win as soon as I came out
    < <Samson> > likes this.

Blog Entries
    I can only imagine. I had spinal anesthesia so when I woke up from surgery I couldn’t move my legs or toes at all for 2.5 hours. It was such a scary feeling. I can only imagine what you went thru and how happy you were to get even any feeling back
    When everything started functioning, it felt like I was in someone else’s body - I swolled up from water retention & the stuff that was shot into my brain changed nearly all of my skin pigmentation + I had this awful stank of the embalming agent excreting from my body

Sure makes a hip replacement sound like lite work - that’s good tho man, all the luck to you!

I wouldn’t wish what I went through upon anyone(that I can currently think of, at least)

That is absolutely insane. I can't even begin to imagine. When we are going thru difficult times we always think we have it worse than anyone else when in reality people are struggling way worse.
    < <Samson> > likes this.

Blog Entries
    When we are going thru difficult times we always think we have it worse than anyone else when in reality people are struggling way worse.

When I was in icu, I had a full view of the COVID wing < seeing that shit made me feel lucky

I can’t even imagine what folk feel like when they require a full craniotomy - my neurosurgeons told me I was the luckiest person alive < coming from anyone else that usually doesn’t mean shit - these guy’s words really seem to stand, considering what they brought me back from
    PistolPete33 and lovbyts like this.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information