Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree84Likes

Thread: Coming off TRT to get pregnant.

PistolPete33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Maybe just have a semen analysis done? That would give you an idea if anything is going on. I'm going to do mine either this week or next. I have to get the sample and get it to the lab within 1 hour and it's 50 minutes away. I also have to preschedule the appointment. UGH. I can do the sample in their office but that's not gonna happen. I need to go 3-4 days without orgasm prior also so I might do it this week. That would tell if I have any activity at this point and I started on the 25mg/Clomid EOD

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    My insurance won’t cover a semen analysis any more

They gave me a specimen cup - I bull shitted like always. Came back, and my PCP said it’s no longer covered under our plan

At least all of my head shit was covered - that was a bit more important

I wonder how much the test costs if you paid for it out of pocket? There is also the potential for HMB. She met with an Endo this past week and he's concerned that she isn't ovulating. Some of her blood levels are way off. He is having her do an Ovulation test kit for 10 or so days to see if she is ovulating. He is also going to be ordering some scans and an ultrasound to see if she has some other issues going on. I will do the semen test this week at some point. That will give me a baseline if anything is happening.

On another note I started taking Clomid at 25mg EOD and I'm already feeling great. Not sure if it's from the Clomid or coincidental but my libidio is coming back. Of course the fiance went on vacation so she's gone for the next 9 days. haha. I'm HEAVILY leaning towards doing a cycle this summer. I would say I'm 90% certain I'm going to. I don't really want to shut down again but if the pregnancy thing takes another year I'm honestly OK with that. We are buying a new house and I just started a new job so there is a LOT going on here. We also just got a new puppy so I don't want too much change. I think the child thing is really because she struggles with the fact that I have a kid with someone else. She is in all kinds of groups about step kids etc. I think she is going to change her approach to how she interacts with my son so hopefully that will help.

Blog Entries
    Man,

None of this sounds like fun - unfortunately

I’m not quite sure what I’m gonna do - I been on gear so long & me & wife aren’t getting any younger - she’s 35 right now

But, I am definitely shooting blanks - I was considering staring on some clomid to at least get more nut volume - but, I doubt it will actually do anything for fertility

The wife told me this morning(a tad tmi, I guess) - that my nut had a strong medicine taste to it. That sounds a tad odd - I guess

GL with all your shit tho - life throws us some curve balls at times

I know it. I'm really struggling with just jumping back on and telling her let's just wait another year. We have so much going on right now so the timing sucks. Plus, my son will be 13 this year and it just gets easier. Having a newborn will be super difficult. We can do everything spontaneously at the drop of a hat. Even when we have my son we can just get up and leave and go wherever. If we add a kid it won't be like that. I'm actually really thinking against it. I was looking at the Test Vial today and almost started pinning it. I would feel fucking awesome in just a few weeks. I want to get my semen test done but if I were to start back on now I could still do the test. I honestly have no idea what to do. My recovery is going well and I'm really starting to feel so much better and it would be great to just have it all back. Go back to sex every day of the week again. haha

My concern about going back on though is if I decide to come off again life is going to be SOOO much worse than it is right now. That was brutal coming off. I feel about 75% right now. My libido seems to be coming back but that could just be because the Fiance is away for a week and a half so she isn't even around. haha.

Blog Entries
    Firstly, my bad - I forgot to ask, how are you doing with recovery from all of your hip replacement business?

And - yeah, this is my whole dilemma right now. Just a tad different. . . Man, raising a new born for me post 40 sounds like the fucking pits. I’m so glad me & the wife already have my son. . . But, he’s growing up as fast as time is passing

I just like shit the way that it is right now - I’m horny as hell, my son is getting quite independent & so on

But, I feel that if we don’t have another kid - not much will be holding me & the wife together shortly. . . Which isn’t all bad, but I have no clue wtf to do with myself when it happens

My medical shit sure hit me like a ton of bricks - and, now I’m trying to figure it all out

But, making myself feel like shit intentionally sounds fucking terrible. . . But, I “think” I can get it over with fairly quickly(six months) - but, that shit sounds like torture compared to the way I’m living now - with fucking multiple times per day & I'm feeling the wife might get some more help here shortly - I haven’t had other pussy for a while & amazingly enough she’s somewhat okay with me doing so.

+ my wife actually still wants another kid by me. . . I’m hoping I can get my shit together one way or another within few years.

For fuck sakes, my chances of being here almost a year later sure seemed slim

My motto from what happened on is “I have no idea” - sure felt like I had it all figured out this time last year

My recovery is going great to be totally honest. Some days it bothers me but overall it's going really good. I'm doing light legs again which is great. Only doing light machine squats at like 150lbs and about the same on the leg press. Trying to just be smart about it as I'm getting my range of motion back.

Your wife is OK with you sleeping with another woman???? We tried the FFM thing once and it was a shit show. haha. Def. didn't go as the fantasy would tell you it would go. haha. We used to go to sex parties and clubs pre-Covid and we went to a house party during Covid. it's fun watching and being watched. hahaha

I'm with you with having a kid over 40. I just turned 45 2 weeks ago. My brother who is 48 just had a new baby with his new wife in November. He said it isn't terrible but it def. impedes on his day to day life.

Part of me is really thinking of just jumping back on thru the summer and then come back off. UGHHHH. But, if I shut myself down will I be back at point A? Or, will she change her mind about having a kid? She never wanted one but now she struggles with the fact that I have one with someone else and that she may never be able to have one. I almost want to just say let's give it 2 years. HAHA. I was looking at some old pictures when I was bigger and it made me so angry. I could jump on even a low TRT dose and put on 10 more lbs of muscle. When I came off I was certain this was the right thing To do but things have been really difficult with work, home, financial issues, trying to buy a house, etc etc that I just don't think adding a kid would be a good thing.

UPDATE: I can't take this any longer so I just pinned. Going to run 120mg Test every week split into 2 shots 3.5 days apart. I will add in 1000 units of HCG and maybe keep the Clomid at 25mg EOD. I look at it this way, it will take 3-4 months for sperm to mature etc so if I'm fertile now then maybe she will get pregnant in the next few months. If not, I'm honestly not doing this anymore.

Blog Entries
    Wtf, lol

Juice junky. Jk jk

Man, I put my wife through a beating - I’m pretty intense ever since I got juiced. We had a couple 3 ways(ffm) she’s alright with it(I’m weird, I like the wife watching me rail other women & she likes women a bit - so it worked out alright) + I always try to stick with older women that she don’t feel I’d do anything on the side with - but, it can cause probs & fast still - it’s kinda y I haven’t been pressuring her much - shit, she brought em to me - so, as far as that goes, I’m letting it ride. Last one got weird & it kinda ended that for a while. Everyone’s personal shit seems to always get in the way. Let alone, she already said it, - 2nd guy? < FUCK NO! I’m calling a solid double standard on that shit. No one’s railing my wife while I’m still amongst the living.

But, you’re whole process + the fact of having another kid is so killing this for me. . . I’m so glad me & her decided to have my son when we did a decade ago
    Last edited by < <Samson> >; 04-23-2021 at 03:45 PM.

I'm struggling quite a bit with my choice to jump back on. I know it's prob. selfish but I honestly can't take it any longer. What sucks is if she doesn't get pregnant in the next 2-3 months it's unlikely it will happen. I'm also not sure I'm going to be willing to come off again and go thru this hell. Not sure if I'm being stupid for jumping back on. UGH why is this so complicated? The more I think about it the more I'm not in a position to have another kid. In fact I don't even know if I want one or not. I don't really want to go thru the entire process again. Why did I have to find a younger woman???? haha.

Good for you. LMAO. I would NEVER let another dude join in. We are in a bunch of groups and we are friends with many couples that are all full swap. We don't mind grabbing drinks or dinner with them but that's it. If I looked over and another dude was drilling her I would fucking murder him. haha. She likes women and actually had a girlfriend for a bit many years ago.

Blog Entries
    A part of me just feels like it’s for the best of things, that I can’t knock her up

It feels somewhat similar to my first marriage - she came off the depo, we kept fucking(not often) - year later we got a divorce. . . I’m glad I didn’t have kids with that (whatever I’m gonna put here is not gonna be very nice)

It feels similar now, like I’m trying to hold onto something that just isn’t there. But, a big part of me just wants one more kid - it was one of my last thoughts before I completely seized out - man, wish I had another kid - then shit went all bad

Who knows - I really try my best to not take things personally anymore. Like my wife’s shit now, we’re not seeing eye to eye on a lot of things, and I’m really not happy with it.

Bringing another life into this world just doesn’t feel right when you’re not 100% about it.

When we decided to have our first, it just felt great all around - I was there since day one. . . 5 years ago we got married, I think it was prob the happiest time of my life - we were both in 100 - now, well - we’re still together

But, I don’t really feel going your route is the path for me either. Younger, no kids(or at least wants more) - I feel tired & run myself hard + my life never really seems to make it easier on me.

I try not to think about it as much as possible, but I feel like I’m living month to month right now. . . If we were to get pregnant, awesome. If we don’t - I don’t think carrying this on much longer is in my cards - no matter how hard I try.

Good to hear that you’re doing well with your recovery - fuck, a hip replacement < that sounds rough af

I’m feeling solid now, shit I get no headaches, no nothing - just a intracranial throb around the areas that were effected(nowhere near as bad as it sounds) - yet, my wife complains almost constantly about having headaches < maybe it’s sympathy pains. . . Didn’t know she had any sympathy left in er. Lol

Def something that you jumped back on. If I was all in it to win it, I think now I’d take a slightly different approach. Make sure the female’s end is good to go(all woman parts already working) - then, I’d jump off. . . Hopefully during a calm time in my life.

I seen first hand a close friend of mine do this - it went like clockwork. Right around six months - during that time, he was quiet & kept to himself, went to work every day, worked out lightly & that’s about it. One, day - we’re pregnant, right on! When you are you jumping back on. . . He took his shot when they seen 2 positives on a home test.

Are you and your wife having issues? You made the comment about her complaining about headaches. That was my ex. She literally complained every single day for 16 years that she had a headache. The last 2 years of our relationship she got Lyme disease. When she first started complaining I was so sick of her crying wolf. If you had migraines 4-5 times per week you would go see a doctor. Everyone would but she wouldn't so you lose the sympathy card. When she got sick with Lyme I thought she was making it all up. I made her to go to the ER and they found nothing wrong. Then, I realized it was something so we investigated further. Then, I felt awful. Crazy though that she loved the attention of being sick. I stuck around 2 more years of her complaining and never leaving the house before I left. Then, miraculously she was better almost immediately begging for me to come back. We watched a documentary on Lyme and nearly 95% of couples go thru a breakup or divorce when one partner gets sick with it. It wasn't why I left because I wanted to leave before she got sick but it def. didn't help. We went nearly 4 years without going on a single date so it was just getting old.

Last night I went over my brothers and finally met my new nephew. He's 5 months old now but thanks to Covid they had to basically keep him quarantined but the doctor now said he can start meeting people. WTF. Anyways, after holding him and everything I don't want to do that. Like AT ALL!!!!! I love kids but not infants. I basically want nothing to do with them. lmao. I was like that always. Once they hit around a year old they are cool but the early stages for me are not anything I would get excited about. UGHHHHHH

Blog Entries
    I didn’t raise my son much when he was little - my wife did about 90% of the kid/house work for about 2-3 years - I was working a lot & she was really good with it, back then at least.

As far as headaches and so on - well, bro - it’s quite complex & so on - none of this was an issue before my health issue happened - me & the wife got involved in things that I will never discuss on a open board. There’s thankfully nothing wrong with my wife medically. . . Sad to hear about yours man. I know what lime is & it’s just sad - but, I get it

I’m going with the flow hard right now - I feel like it’s the best way for me to go at the moment. . . If I stop, that’s when I get serious probs. My anxiety is high & I don’t have to be put back on meds 24x7 - right now it’s just for sleep

I can’t suggest to do the same, it’s just what works for me

Sooo, try your best to feel the situation out. Like I said, we make it hard.

I’ve never been a baby person, but I love my son. . . Nothing comes before him at all. Which makes me kinda feel, that I can feel the same way about another kid - if I was too have one.
    Last edited by < <Samson> >; 04-25-2021 at 05:08 PM.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PistolPete33 View Post
    Last night I went over my brothers and finally met my new nephew. He's 5 months old now but thanks to Covid they had to basically keep him quarantined but the doctor now said he can start meeting people. WTF. Anyways, after holding him and everything I don't want to do that. Like AT ALL!!!!! I love kids but not infants. I basically want nothing to do with them. lmao. I was like that always. Once they hit around a year old they are cool but the early stages for me are not anything I would get excited about. UGHHHHHH
    Ha, Im mostly the same way and dont like to hold babies but when it was my own kid it was 100% different. I had no problem holding her from birth and doing 90% of everything myself since her mother was pretty much never around I I started our divorce when my daughter was still 1yr old.

You will see, once you have your own it all changes but again I still dont want to hold anyone elses kid even now.

1000% it is not the same at all. I've Never been a fan of the infant stage but when my son was a baby it was def. different. I obviously preferred when he was older but now at 12 he kinda sucks. haha

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    Ha, Im mostly the same way and dont like to hold babies but when it was my own kid it was 100% different. I had no problem holding her from birth and doing 90% of everything myself since her mother was pretty much never around I I started our divorce when my daughter was still 1yr old.

You will see, once you have your own it all changes but again I still dont want to hold anyone elses kid even now.
    lovbyts likes this.

I started back on TRT about 2 weeks ago. Starting to feel better and my libido just started coming back. I'm pretty sure this will be the week I start feeling great. I just couldn't take it any longer and I made the decision to jump back on. My fiance has been saying she wants to go back on birth control because she hasn't felt this horrible in a long time. We are prob going to just put it on hold for another year or maybe just not even try again. I still need to do the semen analysis so maybe I will do that this week and see if I have anything.

Blog Entries
    Well, I’m just about where you are

My son is almost 10 & he’s top notch - great kid, I couldn’t ask for more

I’m scared shitless of having one more & fucking up my whole livelihood

But, what scares me just as much is that this pos in my head has a 50/50 chance of being passed down

Every conversation I have now, I finish with - I don’t know

Before this, I really felt like I had so much more shit figured out

Yet, I’ll take it as your own recovery is going well - right?

I totally hear you. having the freedom we have now is fucking AWESOME...

Today is the day I'm feeling my TRT. Holly hell I'm Horney as FUCK.... Like, can't control it and of course at the gym this morning there were so many hot chicks. UGH it was brutal. Can't wait to see what happens over the next few weeks. I'm going to run a cutting cycle in the coming weeks. Will keep it simple:

750mg Test E
    200-400mg Tren Ace
    400mg Masteron Prop

I will run the Test E for 14 weeks and the other will run 6-8 weeks depending on how I feel. I always start low with Tren as it can make me mental but 400mg/week is my max and I typically see awesome results

Quote Originally Posted by < <Samson> > View Post
    Well, I’m just about where you are

My son is almost 10 & he’s top notch - great kid, I couldn’t ask for more

I’m scared shitless of having one more & fucking up my whole livelihood

But, what scares me just as much is that this pos in my head has a 50/50 chance of being passed down

Every conversation I have now, I finish with - I don’t know

Before this, I really felt like I had so much more shit figured out

Yet, I’ll take it as your own recovery is going well - right?

Blog Entries
    Good to hear -

But, if I “felt it” right now - I’d stick hard af to getting pregnant. . . When me & the current wife had my son it felt 100%

Right now, I’m quite whatever about it - a lot has changed between me, my wife & our situation - so, in return I’m def not all in

Whatever I do - I don’t force it, not any more

And - of course, we’re all selfish af & hate feeling like shit

Man, time sure flies tho

Quote Originally Posted by PistolPete33 View Post
    1000% it is not the same at all. I've Never been a fan of the infant stage but when my son was a baby it was def. different. I obviously preferred when he was older but now at 12 he kinda sucks. haha
    Yeah I think about 99% of kids who are biologically yours such at around 12, 13, 14 then they get worse or better and most start to grow up around 20+ On the flip side they all thin we as parents suck also. lol
    PistolPete33 likes this.

Blog Entries
    Yeah I think about 99% of kids who are biologically yours such at around 12, 13, 14 then they get worse or better and most start to grow up around 20+ On the flip side they all thin we as parents suck also. lol

Can’t wait - Lol

I dunno. . . When me & my wife had my son, it was one of the best times in my life - of course I didn’t really know it at the time

Since I try my best to pre plan things like kids - it has to feel right to me. My life is a big mess right now, the wife is not helping & just adding fuel to the fire < that’s not who I married or had a kid with. But, people change & so do situations. If it happens, great - but, where we are in our marriage isn’t a great place to bring another life into this world. . . Just my current feeling
    lovbyts likes this.

I haven't been on here in a bit. I'm feeling fucking awesome. My libido though is difficult to handle right now. Back to having a lot of sex so we are both happy about that. In fact we are going to a sex club tonight. haha. Haven't done that in quite some time. She did an ovulation test and she is ovulating. I still haven't done the semen analysis but at this point I'm not in a rush. We've been trying to buy a house in this horrendous market and put in about 10 offers. We finally had an accepted offer so hopefully at the end of June we will close on it and move in. Fingers crossed. We are beyond excited. It has an awesome in ground pool and it is in a great neighborhood.
    Cylon357, tarmyg, clarky. and 1 others like this.

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Great to hear yous are doing good P.

Where is the update, its been 6 months.

We put ours on hold because I found out starting in 2022 my insurance will pay for IVF.
    My full shoulder replacement is Dec 30th and then we are headed to Philippines for a month for my recovery and will be back in March when we will pick things up again.
    Im not sure if they kept my little swimmers on ice or not. Last I heard they were going to but??" At least we know I still have some, not many but enough for IVF.

Blog Entries
    I suppose having more kids isn’t in my cards - def shooting blanks & like OP, I doubt I’d make it through to see live swimmers again

No update is kinda the update, I figure

jax2hard is offline New Member
    i appreciate the updates. im currently trying to regain my fertility as well.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jax2hard View Post
    i appreciate the updates. im currently trying to regain my fertility as well.
    Feel free to post up the info on the methods u r “trying” - seems to be a lot of trial & error here

So I’m 28 years old. Been doing AAS for about 8 years now. Just got recently engaged and I know I’ll be trying to have kids within the next year.

Since beginning of 2021 my PCP has had me “ween” off of T. For the last two years ive been taking 250mg of test E Every two weeks. I know that’s not optimal but I felt really fine on that schedule. So she had me drop 25mg with each injection. About July I had completely dropped all TRT. My body has still yet to bounce back. They haven’t prescribed me hcg or clomid. They just keep telling me my body will jump back. I got tired of waiting and feeling like shit so I found an endocrinologist and low and behold. He did this blood work panel that I will link with this post. After he got the results today. He calls me to set up an MRI. I really don’t see the point to run up my insurance and break my pocket book.

So I canceled on the MRI and about to do labs for a clinic in Miami FL that said they could help me out.

Tried to post my copies of my labs but seems mods haven’t or won’t approve it. Sorry if I broke any rules.
    Last edited by jax2hard; 12-10-2021 at 07:52 AM. Reason: Left out some info

Try taking a picture of your labs, blank out any personal information and upload the .jpg

My Endo put me on clomid for about 6 months after being on TRT for 15 years and I had a vasectomy over 15 years ago. I had live swimmers but most likely not enough to conceive the normal way but Maybe?? We are going the IFV method soon due to the vasectomy. Not doing a reversal.

Hopefully after a few months on Clomid you can get tested and be good to go. Speaking of test, have you tested to see how your swimmers are? Plenty of people who do cycles and been on TRT for years still conceive.
    clarky. likes this.

Test were 0 l. I had none

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Quote Originally Posted by jax2hard View Post
    So I’m 28 years old. Been doing AAS for about 8 years now. Just got recently engaged and I know I’ll be trying to have kids within the next year.

Since beginning of 2021 my PCP has had me “ween” off of T. For the last two years ive been taking 250mg of test E Every two weeks. I know that’s not optimal but I felt really fine on that schedule. So she had me drop 25mg with each injection. About July I had completely dropped all TRT. My body has still yet to bounce back. They haven’t prescribed me hcg or clomid. They just keep telling me my body will jump back. I got tired of waiting and feeling like shit so I found an endocrinologist and low and behold. He did this blood work panel that I will link with this post. After he got the results today. He calls me to set up an MRI. I really don’t see the point to run up my insurance and break my pocket book.

So I canceled on the MRI and about to do labs for a clinic in Miami FL that said they could help me out.

Tried to post my copies of my labs but seems mods haven’t or won’t approve it. Sorry if I broke any rules.
    Great to have you here Jax, post any Q's you have about your TRT in the https://forums.steroid.com/hormone-r...-t-anti-aging/

Start your own thread about your journey so you get the best help and advice for you.

UPDATE: I haven't posted on this in FOREVER!!!!! I had my hip replaced last February and I was off TRT for several months at the time of surgery. About 6 weeks post op I couldn't deal with being sluggish, trying to recover from major surgery, the lack of energy etc and wanting to heal faster I jumped back on. Fast forward a year and still obv. no pregnancy. I started taking HCG about 6 months ago with hopes that might start the process. Next month I'm coming back off as I'm currently running a summer cut cycle. I'm going to run this cycle for another 4 weeks and I'm not sure if I'm just going to come off and PCT or drop down to my TRT dose for 2 weeks and then come off. Last time I bumped my mg down and it honestly didn't help from what I could see. I will need to figure out how much Clomid and Nolva to take again. I never did the Semen analysis so I need to call my Endo and set that up. Not sure if I should just do it now while I'm on to see if anything is going on or just wait a bit until after I'm off?

My fiance turns 30 this fall and she really wants a baby. I'm guessing I will need to be off for at least 6 months as it takes 4 months to impact sperm.
    < <Samson> > and lovbyts like this.

Blog Entries
    Dang, good to hear you’re doing aight tho

I can def understand where you’re coming from - about 6 months off sounds about right while on a ton of Clomid

I just have my fingers crossed & keep an attitude of “if it’s meant to happen, it will”

But, we’re all different

I was wondering what was happening, we havent shared back and forth for a while. We sort of put things on hold for a while also. I had the right shoulder replaced December 31st 2021 and still working through the recovery but didnt stop my TRT. I found out recently they still have my little swimmers on ice so thats good to know, I dont have to go through that again. It wasnt bad honestly but maybe thats because Ive had so many other procedures over the years I just blanked out the fact they were sticking a 2in needle into my balls. lol

My wife turns 30 in 6 more years. lol She says she wants to move forward again we we are starting up the process again also. Hopefully they will find you have plenty of swimmers and wont have to do the IVF like we are. You are just doing the standard test where you toss them into a cup, right?

How are you making out with the shoulder replacement? My buddy had his done at the beginning of this year and he’s doing great?

We’ve had a lot going on on the past year. We bought a house so that’s been great. I’m dreading coming off again as that’s always brutal

What are you guys thoughts on running HCG for a few months? My hopes would be it would help with the swimmers and help keep test levels a little higher.

Blog Entries
    I found out recently they still have my little swimmers on ice so thats good to know, I dont have to go through that again.

This would have been such a great idea - the what if's of life

Quote Originally Posted by < <Samson> > View Post
    This would have been such a great idea - the what if's of life
    Prob. the best advice for anyone jumping on TRT might be to freeze some of your junk. You honestly never know. When I started TRT over 10 years ago I had zero intentions on having more kids. My ex wife and I were one and done and I was happy with that. Never thought I would leave her for a younger woman who now wants children. I have essentially 4 more weeks to feel great before I come off and I'm dreading it hard. The last time I did this it was brutal. I would have stayed off had it not have been for my surgery. Between the frustrations with that and the Low T I was just not happy. I literally had a moment of weakness and jumped back on. Looking back I should have just stayed the course as I was off for several months. I did lose a good amount of size when I came off so I need to figure that part out this time around. I'm currently 5'7" or so and 209lbs at prob. 10% body fat or lower.
    < <Samson> > likes this.

Blog Entries
    For real man!

I had life all figured out, till my whole health shit hit - ever since I came back, me & wife been tryin(a lot) - every month, nothing

We’re all different - but, me & the wife are kinda at an agreement of, when our son grows up in a few years and if we don’t have another one we are parting ways. No divorce talk or anything like that, more like we follow separate paths. We been running this whole business shit together 100% for over a decade - and, if it’s not another kid together - well, it’s time to do something different

We’ll see, day to day - month to month

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information