Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 74
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Coming off TRT to get pregnant.

  1. #1
    PistolPete33's Avatar
    PistolPete33 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,860

    Coming off TRT to get pregnant.

    I'm going to keep a mini log of what's happening and how I feel etc. I've been on TRT for 7 or 8 years now. I started at 200mg/week and 1000ius of HCG per week. I did that for prob. a year and a half and then lowered to about 160mg/week and was sporadic with the HCG. I would typically blast and cruise about twice per year with a mild bulk in the winter (700mg Test E, 200mg Deca -for joint support, and 200mg of Tren A) and a mild cut in the summer of (600mg Test Prop, 200-300mg Tren Ace, and 400mg Masterone Prop). I'm a believer in less is more typically. Fast forward to now and I need to get my left hip replaced (had my right done 9 years ago) My ex wife and I didn't want any more kids (we had 1) so all was good when I went on TRT. I've since moved on and have a younger woman (17 years younger- woot woot) and we're engaged and want to start a family. She had her IUD taken out and we've been trying for the past 3 months with no success. I've tried 2 at home male fertility tests and both came back non-fertile or not optimally fertile.

    Since I have my surgery scheduled for Fed 10th the gym isn't going to be as hardcore for me nor can I do as much as I'm in constant pain. I decided to come off TRT completely and see if we can get pregnant. We will try this for a few months and if it doesn't work I will go to an endo to see what's going on. We aren't in a major rush to get pregnant. That said, when I started this process I was taking 5000ius HCG per week and tapering off my TRT. I dropped down to 100mg/week and then 80, and now around 60mg. The first few weeks of doing this I felt super sluggish and tired all the time. Not certain if it was because of the drop, seasonal issues, psychological, or what but I'm assuming it's from the lowered levels.

    Thursday (today is Sunday) was my last shot. I took just 25mg and will start PCT (Clomid and Nolva) two weeks from then. I've since lowered my HCG down to 2500ius per week and will keep it there for the duration of this process. The past few days I haven't had that sluggish feeling and being tired all the time so I'm happy about that. In the gym my strength is down about 10% across the board but not sure if that is because I was just tired. One thing I will say is that the past week I'm super SORE which I never am. Every muscle group I've trained this week is sore as hell. This is def. from the lowered test I'm confident about. I will get bloodwork hopefully in another week or two and then again in 6 or 8 weeks. I have a virtual appointment Dec 6th with my primary so I want to have a full blood panel run. I know these numbers won't be a true guage of what's going on though but I guess a starting baseline.

    I will update fairly regularly about how I feel and what this process becomes. After she is pregnant I will likely jump back on TRT at around 100mg/week. Excited and nervous about the upcoming weeks to say the least.

  2. #2
    MILKMAN73 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    43
    Just test/hcg (basic trt stuff) no issues with pregnancies.

    Good luck with your hip replacement! If you don't mind my asking, how old are you? I'm not 50 yet and I'm looking at a total knee replacement. Looking into stem cells to try and put it off.

  3. #3
    PistolPete33's Avatar
    PistolPete33 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,860
    Quote Originally Posted by MILKMAN73 View Post
    Just test/hcg (basic trt stuff) no issues with pregnancies.

    Good luck with your hip replacement! If you don't mind my asking, how old are you? I'm not 50 yet and I'm looking at a total knee replacement. Looking into stem cells to try and put it off.
    I'm 44. I had my first hip done at just 35. The first hip has been night and day since having it done. Some minor issues but no more pain and I've been able to be active once recovered. As for the TRT it has def. caused issues with fertility. Being shut down for so many years is not good for reproduction. I'm hoping coming off will correct all that.

  4. #4
    MILKMAN73 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    43
    Crud man! Did you have an injury? I feel for you, brother. As far as fertility, I fathered one of my three children while on a cycle and my wife was on the pill. So go figure.

  5. #5
    PistolPete33's Avatar
    PistolPete33 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,860
    No injuries just completely worn out and beyond bone on bone. It is more or less locked up with negative rotation. Decades of Martial Arts and lifting heavy prob didn’t help. Haha


    Quote Originally Posted by MILKMAN73 View Post
    Crud man! Did you have an injury? I feel for you, brother. As far as fertility, I fathered one of my three children while on a cycle and my wife was on the pill. So go figure.

  6. #6
    PistolPete33's Avatar
    PistolPete33 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,860
    Today is one week since my last injection. Def. feeling the lack of motivation esp. in the gym. I decided to take the day off from the gym today which I almost never do. I got ready, took my preworkout, packed my gym bag and decided to just skip. The past 2 days in the gym have been more half assed than they've been in quite some time. I'm in and out in under an hour but at least doing something. I usually go to the gym 6 days per week but I'm def. going to drop it down to 4 or 5 days. I will start PCT next week. I feel OK and not as tired as I was last week so that's a good thing. I think a huge part of my motivation today is I had court with my ex wife which ended up getting postponed so that was super stressful and I just want to relax until work later today

  7. #7
    clarky.'s Avatar
    clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    16,513
    Quote Originally Posted by PistolPete33 View Post
    Today is one week since my last injection. Def. feeling the lack of motivation esp. in the gym. I decided to take the day off from the gym today which I almost never do. I got ready, took my preworkout, packed my gym bag and decided to just skip. The past 2 days in the gym have been more half assed than they've been in quite some time. I'm in and out in under an hour but at least doing something. I usually go to the gym 6 days per week but I'm def. going to drop it down to 4 or 5 days. I will start PCT next week. I feel OK and not as tired as I was last week so that's a good thing. I think a huge part of my motivation today is I had court with my ex wife which ended up getting postponed so that was super stressful and I just want to relax until work later today
    You will get there mate, it will all be worth it in the end.
    PistolPete33 likes this.

  8. #8
    David LoPan's Avatar
    David LoPan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Big Trouble, Little China
    Posts
    2,794
    Blog Entries
    1
    use the HCG on her. same hcg as the one a dr would give her for pregnancy help but would charge you a ton for it. had two friends have an oops when their wives went on the HCD "diet".
    Cylon357 likes this.

  9. #9
    mkcay7979's Avatar
    mkcay7979 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    SIN CITY
    Posts
    338
    Good Luck man! Being on TRT that long coming off is going to suck. You just got to keep going and hopefully, your body will start making its own test again. You can do it just keep moving forward and each time at the gym will get easier.


    Question: Did your doctor tell you that you needed to come off the Test to get pregnant? I have friends that have had multiple kids while on Test. I guess the bigger question was the TRT self-medicated or given to you by a Dr?

    If it's self-medicated I could see why you didn't talk to your Dr. Just asking for more info. :-)

  10. #10
    mkcay7979's Avatar
    mkcay7979 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    SIN CITY
    Posts
    338
    I had a friend and his wife who had a surprise baby also back when the HCD diet trend was going. Lol

  11. #11
    PistolPete33's Avatar
    PistolPete33 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,860
    Quote Originally Posted by mkcay7979 View Post
    Good Luck man! Being on TRT that long coming off is going to suck. You just got to keep going and hopefully, your body will start making its own test again. You can do it just keep moving forward and each time at the gym will get easier.


    Question: Did your doctor tell you that you needed to come off the Test to get pregnant? I have friends that have had multiple kids while on Test. I guess the bigger question was the TRT self-medicated or given to you by a Dr?

    If it's self-medicated I could see why you didn't talk to your Dr. Just asking for more info. :-)
    I was originally prescribed TRT but it was crazy expensive. $550 for 10 weeks which was 1 vial of Test C, 1 5000 vial of HCG , and 20 1mg pills of Anastrole. I did that for about 2 years and have since gotten it and done it myself. For the same price I can get a years worth. My primary wouldn't prescribe it and the endo I spoke with wasn't competent to give me what I know I needed so I just did it myself. I just got a new primary which I meet with virtually on Monday. I'm going to ask about it and see if I can get a referral to an endo or to see if she will prescribe it

  12. #12
    PistolPete33's Avatar
    PistolPete33 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,860
    Quote Originally Posted by David LoPan View Post
    use the HCG on her. same hcg as the one a dr would give her for pregnancy help but would charge you a ton for it. had two friends have an oops when their wives went on the HCD "diet".
    So, the woman takes the HCG as well??? I've never looked into female hormones or fertilization so this is new to me. haha.

    That said, she also had an IUD in for many years and it's only been out for 3 months.

  13. #13
    PistolPete33's Avatar
    PistolPete33 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,860
    The only time I ran PCT was after my first cycle. I remember the hell I felt going thru that. So far I don't feel anything like that since tapering down. I think by lowering my dosage over the past 6 or so weeks will make that crash must drastic. I'm feeling OK for the most part. As I stated already that I def. have lost strength and motivation but overall I feel about 75%. I was expecting to be closer to 50% so I guess that's good. No sexual side effects as of yet. The next 5-10 days will be the true deciding factor though.

  14. #14
    mkcay7979's Avatar
    mkcay7979 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    SIN CITY
    Posts
    338
    Quote Originally Posted by PistolPete33 View Post
    I was originally prescribed TRT but it was crazy expensive. $550 for 10 weeks which was 1 vial of Test C, 1 5000 vial of HCG, and 20 1mg pills of Anastrole. I did that for about 2 years and have since gotten it and done it myself. For the same price I can get a years worth. My primary wouldn't prescribe it and the endo I spoke with wasn't competent to give me what I know I needed so I just did it myself. I just got a new primary which I meet with virtually on Monday. I'm going to ask about it and see if I can get a referral to an endo or to see if she will prescribe it
    Wow, that is a lot. I guess I'm lucky my insurance covers it. it's about $75 for 90 days supply. the Dr subscribed 100mg twice per week. they always send 1ml-200mg single-use vials. They say draw out .5ml and throw out the rest. Lol Right like I'm going to do that. I haven't or any of my friends haven't had luck getting primary type DR to prescribe Test.

    Good Luck with the Dr appointment.
    Last edited by mkcay7979; 12-04-2020 at 01:32 PM.
    PistolPete33 likes this.

  15. #15
    PistolPete33's Avatar
    PistolPete33 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,860
    Quote Originally Posted by mkcay7979 View Post
    Wow, that is a lot. I guess I'm lucky my insurance covers it. it's about $75 for 90 days supply. the Dr subscribed 100mg twice per week. they always send 1ml-200mg single-use vials. They say draw out .5ml and throw out the rest. Lol Right like I'm going to do that. I haven't or any of my friends haven't had luck getting primary type DR to prescribe Test.

    Good Luck with the Dr appointment.
    Throw away liquid gold???? Sure thing doc. haha.

  16. #16
    PistolPete33's Avatar
    PistolPete33 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,860
    I'm 12 days since my final injection and still feeling pretty decent. I haven't crashed yet and I'm guessing that I won't. I start Clomid and Nolva on Wednesday (Today is Sunday). I'm going to request a full blood panel when I speak with my new primary tomorrow. I haven't had any issues sexually so that's a major plus as well. Libido is still pretty good. It has dropped a little but nothing to be concerned with at this point. Strength in the gym is still the same as it's been so that works. I did tweak my knee really bad on Wednesday. It feels like I strained my MCL. I heard a pop and instant pain. Just been keeping it wrapped and being smart about it. I will ask my primary about it tomorrow.
    mkcay7979 likes this.

  17. #17
    Cylon357's Avatar
    Cylon357 is online now Nice Guy Cy
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,080
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by David LoPan View Post
    use the HCG on her. same hcg as the one a dr would give her for pregnancy help but would charge you a ton for it. had two friends have an oops when their wives went on the HCD "diet".
    Damn, this one was so obvious we all missed it. Good catch!

    Quote Originally Posted by PistolPete33 View Post
    I'm 12 days since my final injection and still feeling pretty decent. I haven't crashed yet and I'm guessing that I won't. I start Clomid and Nolva on Wednesday (Today is Sunday). I'm going to request a full blood panel when I speak with my new primary tomorrow. I haven't had any issues sexually so that's a major plus as well. Libido is still pretty good. It has dropped a little but nothing to be concerned with at this point. Strength in the gym is still the same as it's been so that works. I did tweak my knee really bad on Wednesday. It feels like I strained my MCL. I heard a pop and instant pain. Just been keeping it wrapped and being smart about it. I will ask my primary about it tomorrow.
    Maybe slip her some Clomid, too. Its on label use is in fertility for women. I think they normally take like 50mg 5 times a week for one week, timed with their menstrual cycle. Yeah, I maybe read too much...
    Last edited by Cylon357; 12-07-2020 at 12:32 PM.

  18. #18
    mkcay7979's Avatar
    mkcay7979 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    SIN CITY
    Posts
    338
    Quote Originally Posted by PistolPete33 View Post
    I'm 12 days since my final injection and still feeling pretty decent. I haven't crashed yet and I'm guessing that I won't. I start Clomid and Nolva on Wednesday (Today is Sunday). I'm going to request a full blood panel when I speak with my new primary tomorrow. I haven't had any issues sexually so that's a major plus as well. Libido is still pretty good. It has dropped a little but nothing to be concerned with at this point. Strength in the gym is still the same as it's been so that works. I did tweak my knee really bad on Wednesday. It feels like I strained my MCL. I heard a pop and instant pain. Just been keeping it wrapped and being smart about it. I will ask my primary about it tomorrow.

    Pete Good Luck tomorrow with the new Doc!
    PistolPete33 likes this.

  19. #19
    PistolPete33's Avatar
    PistolPete33 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,860
    I had my virtual appointment with my new primary today. She is pretty blunt and straight to the point. She gave me a referral to an Endo and said have him run all the hormone blood panels and she will run the typical stuff. She was asking why I was on TRT in the first place but when I told her my test numbers were in the low 300's she said it made sense. Obviously. I guess it is a good start. Maybe I can get the endo to prescribe Test to me and I can stock pile it before I got back on. haha. She said the endo can do the spermanalasys and we can formulate a plan from there. I told her I was still coming off as I already started the process and she agreed that I needed to sort things out before my surgery.

  20. #20
    PistolPete33's Avatar
    PistolPete33 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,860
    I guess since I'm keeping somewhat of a log here (maybe should move it to the log forum?) I will post my current weight. 12/8/20 I'm currently 210lbs and prob. 14% body fat if I had to guess.

    A couple other things worth mentioning. 1.). Working out my strength is someone what still around 10%. What I'm noticing most is that my rep range has gone down. If I'm typically between 8-10 reps on average I'm down to around 6-8 reps. I also injured my MCL last week so def. taking things easy.

    As far as sex drive goes that is still really high surprisingly. I'm happy about that. I'm taking Cialis as I don't want erection issues and so far so good. It has been much harder to finish though. Last night was becoming a bit of a struggle and I wasn't sure I was going to. Thankfully I did. I have communicated everything with my fiance as I obviously don't want her thinking it has anything to do with her. Today my libidio is crazy high. This was not the case when I did my first cycle and came off. I remember it taking weeks to get my sex drive back and my desire. I'm wondering if because I've lowered my levels slowly that I'm not going to crash and that my levels with taking just 60mg/week brought it lower than what I would naturally produce.
    Last edited by PistolPete33; 12-08-2020 at 10:00 AM.

  21. #21
    spywizard's Avatar
    spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    In the Gym, if i could
    Posts
    15,891
    from experience... I got my prego age 48 me... 40 her.... ran 8 cycles to that time.. we did the whole thing, i even got a reversal to get it done.. long story short after $25000 she was not pregnant... I was only producing 100,000, and after clomid 100mg for 30 days tested again at 24,000,000.. and bam she was pregnant... that was 14 years ago... got another vas 6 months after the boy was born... pissed her off for sure, but it was part of the plan.. just my experience.. I ran 500mcg hcg 2x week as well as the clomid..
    PistolPete33 likes this.
    The answer to your every question

    Rules

    A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.


    If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

  22. #22
    PistolPete33's Avatar
    PistolPete33 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,860
    I just started Clomid and Nolva this morning. Just took my first dose of 50 Clomid and 20 Nolva. I might keep it at this dosage for the first 2-3 days before upping to 100/40 only becoase I get Migraines sometimes and they usually only occur when o add something new in. If I taper it I usually don’t get them but when I add too much of something I typically get one. I will see how I feel later tonight. Heading to the gym now but still feeling pretty good.
    clarky. likes this.

  23. #23
    PistolPete33's Avatar
    PistolPete33 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,860
    Today was day 2 of being on Nolva and Clomid. I kept the Clomid dosage at 50mg. I will do one more day at 50 and then bump to 100mg for 2 weeks. Today was a struggle. I had to get up early this morning and I have been dragging all day. I’m tired, like tired to my bones. I took a power nap this afternoon. I went to the gym this morning for a bit to do chest. Workout was ok at best. Strength is still the same at around 10% what I typically do. I’m hoping I can start getting the strength back in the next couple of weeks. Today was the first day that I woke up without a solid erection. I would say it was at about 50%. Not sure if was because I got up early. Hoping tomorrow is better after a solid night sleep.

    I def feel foggy too. I remember this feeling when I did PCT before.
    Last edited by PistolPete33; 12-10-2020 at 08:32 PM.

  24. #24
    PistolPete33's Avatar
    PistolPete33 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,860
    Yesterday was MUCH better than the previous. I felt normal and wasn't tired at all. Today I am going to bump my Clomid to 100mg. We haven't had sex since I started the Clomid but we will tonight. Hoping no issues but I don't think I will have any. We typically have sex daily but the past 2 weeks we have been slacking. Prob. for the best during my transition. Morning erections seem to be slowly coming back so that's a good thing. I do remember my orgasms pre-TRT were much stronger so I'm hoping to have that return. Overall, I feel pretty good to be totally honest. Still some fogginess which I expected and a mild headache but nothing that would hinder anything. It takes 3 months for sperm to mature and I started the HCG almost 3 months ago so it will be interesting to see if things progress with regards to her getting pregnant.

    I'm also thinking if I feel good while not being on TRT I may stay off. I've also been looking into just using Clomid for TRT moving forward depending how my bloodwork looks. My stomach started getting distended and since coming off it is already going back. I def. don't want that look of a distended belly and it has been bothering me for the past year or so. I know others that had this issue and it went away when they came off. If I do come off I would likely still run 1 or 2 cycles per year but then come back off and no longer blast and cruise.

  25. #25
    warchild's Avatar
    warchild is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Pescadero State Hospital
    Posts
    5,769
    I got my wife pregnant on trt doses after 5 years using hcg at higher doses. If that didn't work, i would've used hmg. You don't have to come off and feel like shit to get her pregnant.

  26. #26
    PistolPete33's Avatar
    PistolPete33 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,860
    Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post
    I got my wife pregnant on trt doses after 5 years using hcg at higher doses. If that didn't work, i would've used hmg. You don't have to come off and feel like shit to get her pregnant.
    I get that and this is something I've been debating about for the past year and a half. It has more than getting her pregnant. I actually want to see how my body responds to not being on. Pinning twice per week plus HCG pinning and always having to make sure you have everything on hand has become a burden. My goals at this point are also different than when I first went on. So far I don't feel nearly as bad as I expected nor nearly as bad as when I did PCT before.

  27. #27
    PistolPete33's Avatar
    PistolPete33 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,860
    Yesterday I bumped my Cloimid to 100mg and Nolva to 40mg and I haven't felt any different. Last night we had sex and everything went perfect. Woke up this morning with a solid erection so I'm also happy about that. Strength is still around the same and no issues to report.
    lovbyts likes this.

  28. #28
    lovbyts's Avatar
    lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    29,419
    Quote Originally Posted by PistolPete33 View Post
    Yesterday I bumped my Cloimid to 100mg and Nolva to 40mg and I haven't felt any different. Last night we had sex and everything went perfect. Woke up this morning with a solid erection so I'm also happy about that. Strength is still around the same and no issues to report.
    I mentioned on your other post Im in a similar situation. Im on Clomid 50mg ever other day and off the test. It was a little rough the first 2 months. First time in my life I have had low libido and only able to get semi hard. Not a good feeling when you have a horny 22 year old wife. lol Luckily things have recovered, mostly. Still feeling of low libido but the equipment works for the most part. Cant wait to get back on regular HRT after January. Ive been doing Clomid for about 4 months now.

  29. #29
    PistolPete33's Avatar
    PistolPete33 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,860
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    I mentioned on your other post Im in a similar situation. Im on Clomid 50mg ever other day and off the test. It was a little rough the first 2 months. First time in my life I have had low libido and only able to get semi hard. Not a good feeling when you have a horny 22 year old wife. lol Luckily things have recovered, mostly. Still feeling of low libido but the equipment works for the most part. Cant wait to get back on regular HRT after January. Ive been doing Clomid for about 4 months now.
    Was there a specific reason that you came off? Were you trying to see if you could just run Clomid instead of test and see how your numbers were and how you felt? Today is my 3rd week since my last injection. I've been on Clomid and Nolva now for 1 week.

  30. #30
    PistolPete33's Avatar
    PistolPete33 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,860
    Today marks 3 weeks since my last injection. I'm 1 week into Clomid and Nolva. Today I'm in a really awful mood. I had some really awful dreams/nightmares last night so that was interesting. I woke up in a mood and went to the gym for only 40 min or so and left. Just wasn't feeling it. Not sure if it's because we now have to wear stupid ass masks even when on equip or I'm just super cranky. As the day is going on I'm not as miserable but still not a great day.

    Morning and nightly erections have been solid the past few days. The fiance is on her period so we haven't had sex since Saturday night. Libidio is prob. a 4 out of 10. I'm typically an 8 out of 10.

  31. #31
    PistolPete33's Avatar
    PistolPete33 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,860
    Yesterday was another struggle. I went to the gym and strength and motivation is way down. Pretty much 20% across the board. After the gym I was just run down all day. I worked last night and that was a struggle. Today is a snow day so everything is closed for the most part. I’m taking the day off from the gym and just going to relax for the day. I’m def more irritable than I’ve been in years. I used to have a temper many years ago and I’m starting to wonder if being on TRT is why I don’t have that any longer. Haha

  32. #32
    PistolPete33's Avatar
    PistolPete33 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,860
    I still feel about the same. I start getting energy one day and the next I’m tired. Hoping it passes. The gym has been a struggle. Lifts keep going down so that is frustrating. Sex has been ok. Def not a solid erection so that's concerning but expected.

  33. #33
    lovbyts's Avatar
    lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    29,419
    Quote Originally Posted by PistolPete33 View Post
    Was there a specific reason that you came off? Were you trying to see if you could just run Clomid instead of test and see how your numbers were and how you felt? Today is my 3rd week since my last injection. I've been on Clomid and Nolva now for 1 week.
    The Endo felt continuing the test would/could stop the production of semen and Ive read both ways over the years so decided to play it cautious and do as he said just going with the Clomid for now. I cant wait to get back on the HRT though to feel semi normal again. Equipment still works but urge isnt what it should be.

  34. #34
    PistolPete33's Avatar
    PistolPete33 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,860
    I am assuming you are going to stay off until you have a confirmed pregnancy right? It would suck to jump back on and then have to go another for mine through this again.


    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    The Endo felt continuing the test would/could stop the production of semen and Ive read both ways over the years so decided to play it cautious and do as he said just going with the Clomid for now. I cant wait to get back on the HRT though to feel semi normal again. Equipment still works but urge isnt what it should be.
    lovbyts likes this.

  35. #35
    lovbyts's Avatar
    lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    29,419
    Quote Originally Posted by PistolPete33 View Post
    I am assuming you are going to stay off until you have a confirmed pregnancy right? It would suck to jump back on and then have to go another for mine through this again.
    It depends on how many live swimmers they can extract and freeze to try again if need be. But hopefully it wont take more than a few weeks to know one way or the other.
    PistolPete33 likes this.

  36. #36
    PistolPete33's Avatar
    PistolPete33 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,860
    Does your insurance cover this or do you have to pay out of pocket? We are trying to weight all our options. How do you feel since being off?


    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    It depends on how many live swimmers they can extract and freeze to try again if need be. But hopefully it wont take more than a few weeks to know one way or the other.

  37. #37
    PistolPete33's Avatar
    PistolPete33 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,860
    Today has been by far the most difficult day thus far. I'm an emotional wreck. Not sure if the holidays are making me this way or this is just how I'm truly feeling. I'm almost at the point of reaching out to old friends that I haven't talked to in years. My mind is racing and I'm really upset. haha. When I was at the gym I was literally holding back tears. I couldn't help it. 40 minutes in and I ended up just leaving. I'm taking the next 2 days off from the gym and just going to chill. I have Christmas with my son tomorrow and then Xmas Day with my fiance.

  38. #38
    Krb367's Avatar
    Krb367 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    238
    Good luck brother!

    Iíve been on TRT for about 3 years now and wifey is right about 13 weeks now. Iím sure itís different for everyone.. love it when dudes tell me that running a test cycle also works as a contraceptive lol

    Wish you the best. If you had your choice, girl or boy??
    PistolPete33 likes this.

  39. #39
    PistolPete33's Avatar
    PistolPete33 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,860
    I’ve been on for so long I forgot what life was like just being normal. Haha. I’m almost hoping it isn’t too bad and then I could stay off except run a cycle or two per year and feel like a god during those 12-14 weeks. Lmao

    I would prefer a girl. I have a boy now with my ex wife so would be awesome to have a girl. What about you?


    Quote Originally Posted by Krb367 View Post
    Good luck brother!

    I’ve been on TRT for about 3 years now and wifey is right about 13 weeks now. I’m sure it’s different for everyone.. love it when dudes tell me that running a test cycle also works as a contraceptive lol

    Wish you the best. If you had your choice, girl or boy??

  40. #40
    Patton222 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    8
    I was in a similar situation and came off TRT for about 6 months after being on for 4 years or so. With our situation the issue was mostly with my wife as she has PCOS and endometriosis which the symptoms were suppressed by birth control. Anyhow, I was on HCG the entire time and my numbers always came back really good but I decided to come off to increase our chances in any way possible. Long story shorter I trended just about the same way you have and never crashed so to speak but after 6 or so weeks of clomid only I felt absolutely awful. I actually felt better after stopping the clomid I was having more side effects from it than I realized until after I stopped taking it. Your body is going through so much it’s easy to confuse side effects with symptoms of Low T or suspending injections. Another aspect that’s tough to remember is what being normal even was, it probably feels lethargic compared to what you’re used to. TRT changes perception for sure I am convinced of that. Anyhow, good luck on the journey it sucks for sure but will be worth it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •