Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Patton222

Thread: Endocrinologist vs TRT Clinic

F4iGuy is offline Senior Member

Endocrinologist vs TRT Clinic

What is the better way to go for TRT when considering the cost and protocols? My total T was 192 on recent bloodwork. I feel tired all the time and I'm ready to stop feeling like shit.

I went to a local trt clinic and they are ready to get me started (that's where I got the 192 from). I have great insurance but the clinic doesn't bill insurance and everything is out of pocket. The fee is around $225 per month which includes an AI, testosterone , and labs.

I can't help but wonder if I might be better off going through an endo. to have TRT covered by my insurance and save $2,500 each year. 10k every 4 years seems a bit much? I called a local endocrinologist and the secretary said they haven't treated prescribed TRT for anyone in over a year! That made me consider the local TRT clinic.

Should I call a different endocrinologist or proceed with paying out of pocket at the TRT clinic?

Gallowmere is offline Knowledgeable Member
    vOv, I just went to a urologist. I don’t have insurance at all, and it was $85 out of pocket per visit, I handled my own bloods myself through privatemabs (like $200 however often I wanted them), and the test script itself was roughly $150 every five months.
    Unless you are a serious fatass, there’s no way in hell you will ever need an AI with TRT doses.

Patton222 is offline New Member
    I am about to go this route myself, I’ll report back as I know more. My doctor recently retired and it looks like the clinic route is the best bet I can find on shorter notice. I will say though those prices seem high. I have contacted defy medical(was recommended here) and they do telemedicine nationwide as far as I can tell you might want to look into them. Their pricing is about half that or less they quoted me between 80-130 a month if I get all my meds through them, since I have been getting test at my local Pharm they said they were ok with writing the Px and letting me continue to use my pharmacy instead of them. My official consult won’t be till just before the new year so if you like I’ll keep you posted as I know more.
    Gallowmere and F4iGuy like this.

Gallowmere is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Patton222 View Post
    I am about to go this route myself, I’ll report back as I know more. My doctor recently retired and it looks like the clinic route is the best bet I can find on shorter notice. I will say though those prices seem high. I have contacted defy medical(was recommended here) and they do telemedicine nationwide as far as I can tell you might want to look into them. Their pricing is about half that or less they quoted me between 80-130 a month if I get all my meds through them, since I have been getting test at my local Pharm they said they were ok with writing the Px and letting me continue to use my pharmacy instead of them. My official consult won’t be till just before the new year so if you like I’ll keep you posted as I know more.
    Definitely do so. I’m perfectly happy now managing my own stuff, but it never hurts to know what’s out there, and others experiences with them.

Patton222 is offline New Member
    Yes sir will do. It looks like I can’t be picky at the moment so it’s probably happening. Lurked here off and on for years and the information I’ve picked up has been priceless. I’m pretty well versed now and will be making more of an effort to share with the community.

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I’d look into a men’s health clinic or find a PCP that specializes in HRT. Find out if they take your insurance. That would be the cheapest route. If you want a broader menu of anabolics then go with an HRT clinic. I use both personally.

Thread Information