jetpilotCK is offline New Member

Question What further tests to get after a 152ng/dl Total T

What tests should I get done to see if its hypogonadism type 1, 2 or another issue. Im 36yo.
    I have a congenital issue in which I was born with 1 kidney (so I am guessing only 1 adrenal) but not had an issue

Total T again to make sure
    Free T ?
    E2
    LH
    FSH ?
    Prolactin
    Progesterone?
    SHBG (maybe later once I am on trt to fine tune it?)
    DHEA ?
    Cortisol
    TSH
    T3/T4?

Testing is really expensive here (about ~$30 per marker) so I would rather do some and then if needed others.

thanks in advance!

David LoPan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    what tests have you done thus far? stats?

Thanks for the input Cylon357

I have never had mayor libido or muscle building issues, I lean towards endomorph.

I tested 3 months after my first cycle (11 weeks) of 350 TProp (throughout), 200 Mast (first 8 weeks), 175 inj Winny (final 6 weeks) and 280 NPP (final 4 weeks).

I got tested (RBC, FreeT, E2, PSA, lipids, kidney, Liver) midway and everything looked good. Sadly I did not get tested before to get a baseline.

Did PCT 4 weeks including HCG (2000iu x2) while esters cleared and then Clomid 75/50/50/50 & Tamox 40/20/20/20

Have been eating well (whole foods at a slight deficit but minor) and lifting, except for a short holiday end of Dec.

My libido was crazy on cycle and now its much lower (back to normal I would say).

I want to start an injection protocol if its the only way but first Id like to understand the issue as once I start it's gonna be hard to stop just to let my body come back up again and get testing done. I think now is the time to find the root cause and then either do Injections or Clomid.

Some theories:
    Tamox was pharma but Clomid was UGL, could it have been bunk?
    Maybe one of the products was actually a long ester (everything was UGL except for Winny was veterinary pharma) and so I could have done Post Cycle while still suppressed?
    Last edited by jetpilotCK; 02-16-2021 at 04:46 PM.

Got my results back from a draw this morning:
    Total T 264ng/dl
    LH 0.71 mUI/ml (range 2-12)

So it seems its Secondary Hypogonadism.

Will run another PCT and see if LH/T comes up

Albedo121 is offline Junior Member
    Personally would get everything on there except TSH/T3/T4 and cortisol (unless you're curious given the single kidney but should be fine). Maybe skip DHEA. There are potential ways to help with each and knowing the numbers can explain a lot.

Thread Information