ascendant is offline Senior Member

Most Economic Way to Treat Face Wrinkles?

I'm in my 40s and looking to reduce wrinkles on my face. Primarily, I have one of those crease wrinkles in between my eyebrows. But, I've considered treating the crow's feet as well if it's reasonable enough cost-wise.

Been looking into various options and not sure which one makes the most sense. Until recently, I didn't know Botox was only temporary. I see that fillers last longer, but also seem to cost more. So, not really sure which one is the best choice as far as what is the most economic? I would be fine visiting the place more often for treatments if it is more affordable. My main priority at this point is something I can fit into my budget to help me not feel so self-conscious.

AustrianOX is offline New Member
    Botox will paralyse the muscles which contract and create wrinkles over time on your face. If you do Botox once or twice a year you give the treated area some "rest" so collagen break down is "paused" and the skin can somewhat "de-wrinkle". Fillers would fill up the existing fine lines and wrinkles temporarily, 6 +months. Nowadays a good doctor will not pin point inject fillers to fill up some wrinkles but over all would use Fillers to lift your face, which is costly.

What I can recommend is RETIN-A, or also called Tretonine, or Vitamin A, you get it from your dermatologist. You start low in % and work your way up, it takes some months till you reach a higher dosage. It works superb against fine lines and wrinkles. You just need to use it carefully, only nighttime and be patient. After 3 months I'd say you will have noticeable changes in fine lines, skin coloration and skin texture. After that I'd get little botox, but just enough to rest the areas not that you look astonished the whole time.

Hope that helps!

Thread Information