Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Anyone with experience with Enclomiphene?

Youthful55guy is offline Senior Member

Anyone with experience with Enclomiphene?

Anyone with experience using enclomiphene? Curious what your experience was.

I did an experiment several years ago with clomiphene as an alternative to HCG to maintain testicular function while on TRT. I never did labs, so interpretation of the experiment is limited. However, I did not notice a decrease in testicular size over about the 8 week trial. On the other hand, I did not like the estrogenic effects I got from the drug. I just did not feel right. My dose was 12.5 mg per day.

I was considering another experiment with enclomiphene but including LH and FSH labs this time to confirm if it actually is a viable replacement for HCG.

My normal sources of research chemicals do not have enclomiphine. Wondering if anyone has a reliable source they would be willing to share by PM (only). Do not post sources in the open forum.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    My doc just prescribed me this but I have not started it yet. Trying to figure out if I want to go this route.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun View Post
    My doc just prescribed me this but I have not started it yet. Trying to figure out if I want to go this route.
    My two cents worth if you want it. If you haven't started TRT already and you believe you are secondary hypogonadal, I would probably start with enclomiphene (not clomiphene) if it were available to me. The research I've seen published looks good for maintaining testosterone , fertility, and testicular size in an easy to take oral tablet. Side-effects (from what I've read) are minimal and not much different than placebo.

However, it does have limitations in how high it will boost your T levels, so if you have high SHBG (as I do), it probably will not be sufficient to overcome the problem. Then again, high SHBG only affects about 7-10% of men, so it's not a hugely prevalent problem (it just sucks for those of us that do have it).

What I'm more interested in is whether enclomiphene will bring back some endogenous gonadotropin production for guys on TRT. HCG works well, but it mainly has LH activity with only some FSH activity. Since the sperm-producing tissues in the testicles account for about 60% of the testicular volume, I theorize that adding endogenous FSH back in will help to increase testicular size back to a more normal state.

We know that estradiol is the predominate negative feedback component of the hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal-axis in both men and women, so will this new SERM bring back some (any) FSH production? If I could secure a trusted supplier, I would be willing to try and run the appropriate labs to find out.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Quote Originally Posted by Youthful55guy View Post
    My two cents worth if you want it. If you haven't started TRT already and you believe you are secondary hypogonadal, I would probably start with enclomiphene (not clomiphene) if it were available to me. The research I've seen published looks good for maintaining testosterone , fertility, and testicular size in an easy to take oral tablet. Side-effects (from what I've read) are minimal and not much different than placebo.

However, it does have limitations in how high it will boost your T levels, so if you have high SHBG (as I do), it probably will not be sufficient to overcome the problem. Then again, high SHBG only affects about 7-10% of men, so it's not a hugely prevalent problem (it just sucks for those of us that do have it).

What I'm more interested in is whether enclomiphene will bring back some endogenous gonadotropin production for guys on TRT. HCG works well, but it mainly has LH activity with only some FSH activity. Since the sperm-producing tissues in the testicles account for about 60% of the testicular volume, I theorize that adding endogenous FSH back in will help to increase testicular size back to a more normal state.

We know that estradiol is the predominate negative feedback component of the hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal-axis in both men and women, so will this new SERM bring back some (any) FSH production? If I could secure a trusted supplier, I would be willing to try and run the appropriate labs to find out.
    Appreciate the input. Have not been on any TRT/HRT but cycled years ago. Really thinking about trying it, the prescription is for 50mgs

my SHBG was 46, so on the higher end, my free Test was 316. Blood Test was taken in the afternoon non-fasted.

Quote Originally Posted by cylon357 View Post
    I have read several accounts of people using either clomid or enclomiphene with a 'milder' sarm like Ostarine to eliminate suppression entirely. Since I currently use Clomid as HRT, I may attempt to replicate this with low dose (10mg / day) Ostarine. But that is just in planning stages now.
    I have not taken any action. I saw your PM and will look into the sources. I'll post if/when I move forward on the experiment.

popeyewhite is offline New Member
    Regarding the OP - I have run enclomiphene citrate along with a tbol cycle as a sort of test base. It worked, so it will work for Ost. I have run HCG with Ostarine, which I think is better as there's less dosing and it's not as strong as EC which can elevate E. I'd aslo run HCG with tbol though which also worked well.

PotentialHabbit1 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cylon357 View Post
    Once again, somewhat but not totally arbitrarily bumping this thread, as my Express PCT order, including the enclomiphene, has arrived. I have not taken any yet because I have blood work in 2 days and don't want to mess it up. You can find a little more info here.
    Did you take it yet?

PotentialHabbit1 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cylon357 View Post
    My plan is to start it next week, actually. I kept having bloodwork a little off but got it settled. My doc didn't know about enclomiphene but they looked it up and were like 'oh this is interesting.' I think that they would be open to calling it into TMC and getting it compounded, though I will use what I have from Express PCT first and run blood work in a couple of months.
    did u take it yet?

Thread Information