Patriot 1010 is offline New Member

Trying to figure out my 60 yr old body

Hello Gentlemen

This is my first post. New member. I have spent months reading about TRT, forums, YouTube, Dr's articles, along with research on clinics and DIY treatment. I'm looking for some knowledge and advice on my health and if TRT would be an option.

I'm 60 years old, 5' 10", 195 lbs. Most of my weight is in the belly area. In years past I could eat low carb type foods and keep my weight around 175 lb. This does not work anymore. I don't exercise as in the gym but stay busy at my business moving around and being active. I don't sit all day.

In the past year I have noticed a big change in myself. I have big problems concentrating and staying focused. Maybe scattered brained. It is starting to affect my decisions at my business. Something I never had a problem with. My motivation has seemed to disappear with anything I want to do. I have always been a highly motivated person up until lately. I still have a sex drive but not as strong as the past. After reading and research my problem seems to be the possibility of Low T, in what I have gathered. Of course, I know natural aging will cause some of my problems. But I don't seem to be a that point yet.

So, I go and get blood work at a LabCorp location. I might have gotten the wrong Lab but I did get the 1 number I was looking for. In a way I was expecting a very low Test number but I was shocked to see the number of 640 (Range 264-916 ng/dl). Estradiol 9.5 ( Range 7.6-42.6 pg/ml). FSH 9.9 (Range 1.5-12.4 miu/ml. LH 9.2 (high) (Range 1.7-8.6 miu/ml). I could not find the Free T number people talk about.

With that number I don't think a doctor would put me on TRT? Most likely my problem is not low Testosterone ? Any thoughts?

Thank you for any suggestions.

The Estradiol number says " Roche ECLIA methology" below it. Yes, I will get another Lab. Is there a certain one I should ask for? I would use Labcorp. It is a convenient location for me. Is it possible I have been running on a high natural level of testosterone most of my life and even though 640 is not low it is much less than my body has been use too over the years?

Thanks

wango is offline Anabolic Member
    Welcome! 63 myself, started the TRT at 57.

My first question is, have you noticed a difference at the gym that was kind of significant? Kind of like, you are working your ass off and you just get fatter and can’t add muscle; despite your effort. Pretty much a wtf, this just isn’t consistent with what you’re accustomed to with this type of effort.

The mental & energy drop-off can be a lot of other things.

I never used a gym before. Probably should have. I have just noticed a significant change in the way I feel in the last year. Things like motivation, focus. Physically I see changes in my skin, muscle tone. But I'm 60 so I expect that part. It seems the mental, and energy part is bothering me the most.

How low were your test levels a 57? How did you feel after you started the TRT? Do you think it helped the mental and energy part?

wango is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Patriot 1010 View Post
    I never used a gym before. Probably should have. I have just noticed a significant change in the way I feel in the last year. Things like motivation, focus. Physically I see changes in my skin, muscle tone. But I'm 60 so I expect that part. It seems the mental, and energy part is bothering me the most.

How low were your test levels a 57? How did you feel after you started the TRT? Do you think it helped the mental and energy part?
    They were below 100 because of a small tumor on my pituitary gland. It took a few years to get that low, but sex was no longer on my mind and I simply couldn’t stay in decent shape despite making significant extra efforts.

Regarding the mental well being and energy, I’m skeptical and I think it’s exaggerated to get more guys to the anti-aging clinics that are charging a fortune or buying supplements that you see advertised regularly. It’s kind of like the claim that eating more fiber will lower cholesterol. Is it the fiber really or is it that you are now simply eating less foods that have LDLs to eat more fiber? The testosterone at 150 mg/week got my blood levels to 900+. Suddenly I was gaining muscle and losing fat the way it should happen if you workout. Because of that my mood was better and my energy higher, but honestly not tremendously really.

But, talk to your MD and see if you can get to the bottom of this if you feel strongly about your changes. But changes occurring this past year? This year has been an emotional nightmare for so many, myself included.

dreadnok89 is offline Member
    Lolol your numbers are alot better than mine at 26! Every individual is different. I knew a dude who was a workout warrior in his late 60s with almost 500 test. Everybody is different. You have to sit down and evaluate how you really feel.

Thread Information