Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By The Deadlifting Dog
  • 2 Post By PistolPete33
  • 1 Post By warchild

Thread: Withdrawel Effects of Dropping TRT ???

tcw
    tcw is offline Senior Member

Withdrawel Effects of Dropping TRT ???

HI Friends,

i was told by Dr. that my Free and Total Test Levels were too high and told to DROP TEST for 6-8wks to get levels back down to normal range.

I have no-idea why my Total Test level would be 1470 and Free Test level would be 280 (Total levels were bout 40% out of range and Free levels were about 25% out of range).

THE ONLY thing i can figure is i did the Blood-work 2 days after a shot of Cypionate (only 1/2 cc) of 200 mgs (so i only got 100mgs). SEEMS LIKE THE TEST was a Fluke ~...(don't know how i could throw those kinda numbers doing a small amount of Cyp.)???

ANYWAY, I'm noticing it now
    • -low energy (no energy or desire to hit the gym)
    • -eyes seem weak
    • -low libeado

CAN someone think of any OTHER Symptoms from TRT Withdrawal???

Thanks for your input...

What was your TRT protocol?
    Were you doing 200mg per week split into 2 100mg doses?
    Were you taking hCG ?
    Were you taking an AI?
    Last edited by The Deadlifting Dog; 04-23-2021 at 11:51 AM.
    Cylon357 likes this.

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tcw View Post
    HI Friends,

i was told by Dr. that my Free and Total Test Levels were too high and told to DROP TEST for 6-8wks to get levels back down to normal range.

I have no-idea why my Total Test level would be 1470 and Free Test level would be 280 (Total levels were bout 40% out of range and Free levels were about 25% out of range).

THE ONLY thing i can figure is i did the Blood-work 2 days after a shot of Cypionate (only 1/2 cc) of 200 mgs (so i only got 100mgs). SEEMS LIKE THE TEST was a Fluke ~...(don't know how i could throw those kinda numbers doing a small amount of Cyp.)???

ANYWAY, I'm noticing it now
    • -low energy (no energy or desire to hit the gym)
    • -eyes seem weak
    • -low libeado

CAN someone think of any OTHER Symptoms from TRT Withdrawal???

Thanks for your input...
    that's the issue. you tested your levels at peak and need to test at trough levels which is 7 days after injection.

PistolPete33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Take my word for it DO NOT COME OFF!!!! Life will be BRUTAL for several months. I have a log on here in this forum that chronicles my experiences since coming off. I've been off for about 5 months now and I am likely jumping back on as early as today. As others have said split your dosage split every 3.5 days and lower down to 100mg/week or so and retest in a month or so.

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    PistolPete....I’ve been in your shoes and came off in 2012 and it didn’t last long at all. The depression kicked in and no motivation to goto the gym. I figured if I can’t have kids so be it. Went back on trt and ran hcg and my wife was pregnant a few months later with twins. I’ll never come
    Off ever again and if trt shortens my life, then hey it was worth it to me. Good luck with everything thing but sounds like you made you decision to get back on. Like I’ve mentioned to you before look into HMG while staying on TRT. Hope it will help!
    PistolPete33 likes this.

tcw
    HI Dog,

No..i was actually down to 1/2 cc, 100mgs every week. I was doing that for over 10mths, Which was fine with me...could only make it to the gym 3 times a week...and putting in OT work hours. SO,...1/2 CC is fine.

I think my Dr. over-reacted. I should have done another Test a few days later.

Oh well...*i'm getting new results this week. Should be much lower this time.
    Last edited by tcw; 04-23-2021 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tcw View Post
    HI Dog,

No..i was actually down to 1/2 cc, 100mgs every week. I was doing that for over 10mths, Which was fine with me...could only make it to the gym 3 times a week...and putting in OT work hours. SO,...1/2 CC is fine.

I think my Dr. over-reacted. I should have done another Test a few days later.

Oh well...*i'm getting new results this week. Should be much lower this time.
    Were you doing any deca ?
    Deca can skew the results.

I know for me that every 100mgs of test C or E gives me around 700 test.
    (I've tested myself on 500mg two different cycles and got 3500 and 3700. And on 80mg for TRT I test at 500ish 3.5 days later.)

If I were your doctor I would've ordered another test.

That being said...
    I think, and I stress think, that doctors can get in trouble if their patients test over range on a controlled substance such as testosterone .

tcw
    Quote Originally Posted by The Deadlifting Dog View Post
    Were you doing any deca ?
    Deca can skew the results.

I know for me that every 100mgs of test C or E gives me around 700 test.
    (I've tested myself on 500mg two different cycles and got 3500 and 3700. And on 80mg for TRT I test at 500ish 3.5 days later.)

If I were your doctor I would've ordered another test.

That being said...
    I think, and I stress think, that doctors can get in trouble if their patients test over range on a controlled substance such as testosterone.
    Negative. I was doing the same thing i have been doing for years (*Cypionate with b12).

NEXT TIME, i'll wait til my next shot is due...(like 10days) and then do blood-work.

Thread Information