Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By almostgone
  • 1 Post By The Deadlifting Dog

Thread: Decisions

Letdown is offline New Member

Decisions

Hello

Posted a couple of weeks ago about my first visit to the endo and questions I should ask but didn’t get a single reply.

Anyway I have been today and I have been offered gel (daily), nebido (every 3 months) or cypronate (200mg every 3 weeks).

I asked about fertility as I do want more kids and he said it’s not suggested if that is the case.

Due to being lethargic all the time everything is a massive effort, even walking from the car park to the hospital was an effort, I’m mow 117kg and the endo suggested weight loss as an alternative to TRT, is this a thing and is there anything else I could do?

I’m in a vicious circle as I have absolutely no get up and go and am shattered after I do anything (I think this is down to test levels)

Has this worked for anyone else??

Did you get your testosterone level checked?
    How old are you?
    Do you exercise?
    What is your diet?
    How tall are you? I see you are 258lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by The Deadlifting Dog View Post
    Did you get your testosterone level checked?
    How old are you?
    Do you exercise?
    What is your diet?
    How tall are you? I see you are 258lbs.
    Not this time but it was 7.0 last time (range 8.6-32)
    No, used to but not since covid
    No specific diet as such, it’s shocking atm
    I’m 6ft

Just so you know...
    Most of us on here would be complaining about being lethargic if we were 6' and 258lbs.
    And that is with exercising and a better diet than yours.

I am not saying to pursue TRT but...
    If you don't exercise, diet, and get in shape...
    All the drugs in the world are not going to make you feel energetic.

I am on 80mgs of test C per week for my TRT.
    That is a good starting point.
    I would highly advise against injecting test C once every 3 weeks.

I loved the gel. I used Axiron.
    I switched to injections for cost and convenience.
    Last edited by The Deadlifting Dog; 04-29-2021 at 08:56 AM.

Just so you know...
    Most of us on here would be complaining about being lethargic if we were 6' and 258lbs.
    And that is with exercising and a better diet than yours.

I am not saying to pursue TRT but...
    If you don't exercise, diet, and get in shape...
    All the drugs in the world are not going to make you feel energetic.

I am on 80mgs of test C per week for my TRT.
    That is a good starting point.
    I would highly advise against injecting test C once every 3 weeks.

I loved the gel. I used Axiron.
    I switched to injections for cost and convenience.

I used to train a lot in my younger days and am heavy set lived and worked on a farm most my life so am naturally big.

I’m going to sort my diet out and hopefully after losing a bit of weight I will have the energy to get in the gym.

I’m based in the UK and unfortunately the dosage is all the doctors will give me, it is how they administer it, they inject it also, so my hands would be tied as far as dosage and frequency.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    If those injection intervals are all they will do, I'd reluctantly go with gel.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by Letdown View Post
    I used to train a lot in my younger days and am heavy set lived and worked on a farm most my life so am naturally big.

I’m going to sort my diet out and hopefully after losing a bit of weight I will have the energy to get in the gym.

I’m based in the UK and unfortunately the dosage is all the doctors will give me, it is how they administer it, they inject it also, so my hands would be tied as far as dosage and frequency.
    No excuses.
    Go for walks. Do body weight exercises. Basically just move.

No excuses.
    Go for walks. Do body weight exercises. Basically just move.
    I do have a strenuous job on the farm and walk my rottie twice a day, just everything feels like I’m constantly running on empty! It’s hard to describe, feels as if I haven’t slept or eaten for days and I am carrying another me on my back!

I’ll try and move more etc

Quote Originally Posted by Letdown View Post
    I do have a strenuous job on the farm and walk my rottie twice a day, just everything feels like I’m constantly running on empty! It’s hard to describe, feels as if I haven’t slept or eaten for days and I am carrying another me on my back!

I’ll try and move more etc
    I am not dissing you...
    I had low T myself...
    I was 38yrs old and training for a half marathon and doing some karate and BJJ and yes... I felt like shit.

My point is mainly... 258lbs is a lot of weight to be carrying around at 41yrs old...
    You need to bring that down and tone up or you will never feel good.

Did you get your thyroid checked?
    Test Monsterone likes this.

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member
    At that weight you are at a higher risk for every metabolic disease and sleep apnea. I was under the impression that it's easy and legal to get steroids in the UK. Any doctor that wants to inject you once every 3 weeks shouldn't be practicing medicine. The only possible reason as to why they would do that is because they would have to work more. It's only for their convenience.

Do some research, and talk with some people. You should be able to get testosterone easily in the UK and administer it yourself.

I am not dissing you...
    I had low T myself...
    I was 38yrs old and training for a half marathon and doing some karate and BJJ and yes... I felt like shit.

My point is mainly... 258lbs is a lot of weight to be carrying around at 41yrs old...
    You need to bring that down and tone up or you will never feel good.

Did you get your thyroid checked?
    Yeah I know your not, suppose the weight I am, ppl will think I’m just fat and lazy, I was 200lb late 2019 and quite lean but then my dad passed away unexpectedly and I have had a lot to deal with, instead of the training I used to do after work etc I ended up doing the opposite and just comfort eating and didn’t have any motivation to train, now I have ended up like this.

My testosterone has always been borderline for 6 years or more but this time I was tested it was much lower and they sent me to the endo.

Yeah my thyroid was fine so he said, my free/total testosterone was also lower that it should be if that makes a difference.

Thread Information