Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By almostgone
  • 2 Post By Booz

Thread: UK TRT first timer

Letdown is offline New Member

UK TRT first timer

Hello

I have been offered 250mg sus from my endo in one injection every 3 weeks.

This is none negotiable and I will need to have a blood test at week 2 and another at week 3 just before the 2nd injection.

I’m hoping this will improve my symptoms, but before I start is there any questions I should ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Cylon357 View Post
    Yes, you should ask why the doc insists on such an absolutely horrible protocol. 250 every three weeks is going to have you feeling SUPER after the shot, all the way to AWFUL just before the next one.

You might be better off getting a cream than a single injection every 3 weeks. Or trying enclomiphene rather than test. But that protocol as defined is garbage and will have you on a terrible roller coaster.
    Thanks for the response this is all they are offering me, I can’t have the gel due to a skin condition and they aren’t offering me a different frequency as yet, however it may change after blood work is done?

I would like to have more children in the future and have a good sperm count etc, they are not offering any precautions etc?

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Letdown View Post
    Hello

This is none negotiable and I will need to have a blood test at week 2 and another at week 3 just before the 2nd injection.

I’m hoping this will improve my symptoms, but before I start is there any questions I should ask?
    I'm surprised they aren't prescribing Nebido since you're UK, but as Cylon posted the treatment plan they are proposing is going to have you feeling worse than you do now.

At one time, I was on a once/month protocol, then every two week protocol. Both did the same....they kill what little natural T you're producing. As your serum levels drop with infrequent injections, you end up feeling worse than you did prior to treatment.

Ideally, test cypionate or enanthate injected twice/week using lower injection volumes is the better way to go. The difference in serum levels from peak to trough is greatly decreased and gives you more stable levels.

When you say what they are offering is non-negotiable, does that mean the injection frequency won't change? If it's non-negotiable, I would keep looking.

Not trying to give you a hard time, just trying to save you some disappointment.
    Cylon357 and BigGuns89 like this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Chicagotarsier is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cylon357 View Post
    Yes, you should ask why the doc insists on such an absolutely horrible protocol. 250 every three weeks is going to have you feeling SUPER after the shot, all the way to AWFUL just before the next one.

You might be better off getting a cream than a single injection every 3 weeks. Or trying enclomiphene rather than test. But that protocol as defined is garbage and will have you on a terrible roller coaster.
    Standard UK protocol. My doc is from there and it was her recomendation also.

To the OP did they not try to prescribe you hCG before the test? This seems to be standard in the UK also

Quote Originally Posted by Chicagotarsier View Post
    Standard UK protocol. My doc is from there and it was her recomendation also.

To the OP did they not try to prescribe you hCG before the test? This seems to be standard in the UK also
    They haven’t mentioned HCG at all, I’ve talked about it with the endo however he said it’s not something they offer at all.

No mention of nebido either, it’s making me think that I’d be better off without it.

My test level is 7.1 range 8.3-33 noml

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    They haven’t mentioned HCG at all, I’ve talked about it with the endo however he said it’s not something they offer at all.

No mention of nebido either, it’s making me think that I’d be better off without it.

My test level is 7.1 range 8.3-33 noml
    If you're feeling the symptoms, HCG or enclomiphene may bring you in range.
    It isn't often that serum levels improve on their own. It does happen, but not often.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Booz is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Hello

I was offered the same mate n I suggested he didn’t have a clue,he didn’t take that too well…
    Told him I’d sort it myself and went on my way….

The Gel is shit anyway as I was prescribed thst at 1st and did jack!
    almostgone and BigGuns89 like this.

Remember.............for us to help you you need to help us....................stats and exp.........

Source checks and Ugl's to be kept to PM's
    dont ask for source checks unless you have 100 posts/and 45 days minimum as a participating member.........

Booz.. a long-standing member of the AR Police:

sorry but absolutely no sources will be checked at this present time....

Thread Information