Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By BuzzardMarinePumper
  • 1 Post By xxblazenlowxx
  • 1 Post By almostgone
  • 1 Post By BuzzardMarinePumper

Thread: SHBG Low ? What to do ? Hope this is the correct place Kel where are you

BuzzardMarinePumper is offline Knowledge Member on Prostate Cancer
    Blog Entries

SHBG Low ? What to do ? Hope this is the correct place Kel where are you

Hello gents , I know I am off the chain at time and my last post all you active young men hammered on me and rightly so . I was incorrect and you guys caught me and I apologize . Hope you can forgive and forget ..... I will be 60 and I ....... hang on ....... hate to admit , but I am wrong at times ..... OK I said it and apologized so I hope we can move on and maybe even cut me a little slack if I re frame from being an AH ? No promises but I will try

Now the question my SHBG has been low for almost a year now and this is a somewhat over looked BW test that is very important .... I have researched on line and failed to get a concrete way to raise low SHBG ? Low SHBG is linked to High free testosteron & Albumin . Much research states talk to you Dr and follow his directions ....... WTF ? Most Dr's are clueless as to how to read BW and some have never even heard of SHBG testing and why they do it . Also a surprise to many Dr is and Ultra sensitive Estrodial test for males ??? Just venting

1) Drink Coffee - Not the cure ! I drink shit tons of coffee .
    2) Increase fiber intake - I am on a Ketos nutrition program and all BW great except SHBG ? Lots of fibrous Complex carbs in veggies and lots of meat and good fats Triglycerides are amazing with super low fat content in blood serum levels ? Strange but true .
    3) Loose weight - I have lost 15lbs of fat and now only have a bigger than I want but none the less a little bread basket in the front ? Obliques staring to show and top 2 flexors at 60 this is exciting and just getting better Ketos is the ticket , amazing .
    4) Supplements may help - Supplements not listed
    5) In some cases a prescription med may be needed - I prefer supplement as to scripted meds

OK I am humbly asking for replies and suggestion that are fact based and hope Kel with check in on this ? I just made a peptide order and he mentioned Finasteride in the past and gave me a link and I read and did not see where it addressed this issue and it stated possible ED and this was not a side I wanted to address ......

Charlie67 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzardMarinePumper View Post
    Low SHBG is linked to High free testosteron & Albumin
    Please forgive the naive question, and I know I'm of very little help here, just curious what negative effects you're trying to alleviate?

(out of context and copy and pasted from the web)

SHBG carries these hormones throughout your bloodstream. Hormones in this bound state aren’t available for your cells to use. .... Generally speaking, when your SHBG levels are low, your body has more unbound sex hormones available for use.....In men, excessive free testosterone can result in... increased muscle mass.

Blog Entries
    My Dr guessed that due to T3 being normal that low SHBG caused thyroid issues which caused low T4 ( do not agree )

Information From Internet

These are all symptoms of prolonged low SHBG - ( SEX HORMONE BINDING GOBLIN )
    + = Symptoms I have

High Free Testosterone +
    fluid retention +
    acne +
    increased appetite
    weight gain +
    increased muscle mass ( risk not worth the reward to me as far as I know and my free test was high 04-02-2019 )
    mood swings +

Too much Estrogen +
    erectile dysfunction (ED) ( on Calais so not sure on this one but concerned )
    larger breast tissue

E2 was 33 a touch high 04-02-2019 goal is 27 & over 31 IMHO is not balanced

xxblazenlowxx is offline Associate Member
    What do you consider a low shbg?

Mine is 13.9 On a scale of. 16.5-55.9

It take me more test then some (175mg a week) to get my serum to 699 but my free test is at 29.

What are you experiencing that makes you concerned?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by xxblazenlowxx View Post
    What do you consider a low shbg?

Mine is 13.9 On a scale of. 16.5-55.9

It take me more test then some (175mg a week) to get my serum to 699 but my free test is at 29.

What are you experiencing that makes you concerned?

Please read previous post .

+ = symptoms I have .

SHBG 7 L (22-77)

Estradiol E-2 33.6 in range

Free Testosterone 32.1H (7.2 - 24.0 )

Total Testosterone >1500H (256 - 916 )
    Last edited by BuzzardMarinePumper; 08-02-2019 at 08:59 PM.

Tim1985 is offline New Member
    Given your high total and free test numbers, your estradiol (while on the upper side of the given range) doesn’t seem unreasonable. My free test is around 26, and even with an AI my estradiol hovers around 40. I don’t have any high E symptoms, libido is great and my joints feel better where I’m at. Unless you are experiencing gyno or other negative sides, I would not be overly concerned with it at 33. If you still want to lower it, I wouldn’t fixate on a set number and instead go off how your feeling.

If your looking for relief from the side effects of high testosterone , with the low SHBG you should be able to get away with backing off on your TRT dosage. Just out of curiosity, what’s your current dosage that’s getting you to 32 on your free test?

HoldMyBeer is offline Productive Member
    Are you taking or coming off anything?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HoldMyBeer View Post
    Are you taking or coming off anything?
    Yes backing way down :

To cruise dose for 60 year old man with cancer needed to feel good and have energy .

200mg Test @ 100mg every 3.5 days
    Deca 100mg @ 50mg every 3.5 days

Not sure how long that will take to bring total Test down ?
    This dose keeps me @ a wavy level of 650 - 750 Free Test

Been on :
    400mg Test @ 200mg every 3.5 days
    120mg Tren @ 30mg EOD
    200mg Deca @ 100mg every 3.5 days

Off the charts but feel high most of the time ! The low SHBG reading is just my desire to get into proper range . I will be balanced again for the 1st time in 2.5 years .

Been on TRT since early 2011 Free Test was 41 when 1st started Andro Gel . Much Gear Abuse when in Marines in the late 70's & early 80's

Been on blast @ Above only been back in the gym 2 mths after after sever injuries to both shoulders and back and hip replacement .

With extra exercise last 2 mths and better nutrition all other BW good coming off :

Was on .25 scripted tab of Arimidex 2x's weekly @ high Test dose so going to go with .25 every 5 days and hope E-2 stays in line
    Lipator - Cholesterol Great
    BP meds - BP 122/66 average daily

I am somewhat sure this will effect my sex drive which was actually way to high for a man @ 60 lol , I can see the jks coming on that one .

Hope all is going well with you young man ! HoldMyBeer

Blog Entries
    Has anyone ever experienced low SHBG what did you do to lower if you did ?

OSS117 is offline New Member
    You have >1500 testosterone , I’m pretty sure you could feel great in the 700-900 range, and that would lower your free testosterone and keep your estrogen nice.

Please read previous post .

+ = symptoms I have .

SHBG 7 L (22-77)

Estradiol E-2 33.6 in range

Free Testosterone 32.1H (7.2 - 24.0 )

Total Testosterone >1500H (256 - 916 )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OSS117 is offline New Member
    And with lower testosterone (lower than >1500!!!) levels, you can likely stop taking your Arimidex .
    Cruise on 800-900 and likely problem solved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes backing way down :

To cruise dose for 60 year old man with cancer needed to feel good and have energy .

200mg Test @ 100mg every 3.5 days
    Deca 100mg @ 50mg every 3.5 days

Not sure how long that will take to bring total Test down ?
    This dose keeps me @ a wavy level of 650 - 750 Free Test

Been on :
    400mg Test @ 200mg every 3.5 days
    120mg Tren @ 30mg EOD
    200mg Deca @ 100mg every 3.5 days

Off the charts but feel high most of the time ! The low SHBG reading is just my desire to get into proper range . I will be balanced again for the 1st time in 2.5 years .

Been on TRT since early 2011 Free Test was 41 when 1st started Andro Gel . Much Gear Abuse when in Marines in the late 70's & early 80's

Been on blast @ Above only been back in the gym 2 mths after after sever injuries to both shoulders and back and hip replacement .

With extra exercise last 2 mths and better nutrition all other BW good coming off :

Was on .25 scripted tab of Arimidex 2x's weekly @ high Test dose so going to go with .25 every 5 days and hope E-2 stays in line
    Lipator - Cholesterol Great
    BP meds - BP 122/66 average daily

I am somewhat sure this will effect my sex drive which was actually way to high for a man @ 60 lol , I can see the jks coming on that one .

Hope all is going well with you young man ! HoldMyBeer
    I'm sorry brother. I didn't see this reply until the thread got bumped
    I asked because certain compounds can lower shbg (primo, stanozolol , proviron , etc). Idk if deca and tren also have the same effect. Especially if it's UGL, who knows that's in it exactly. Deca in particular can take a long time to clear. I would give it some time and get more bloods

Blog Entries
    I'm sorry brother. I didn't see this reply until the thread got bumped
    I asked because certain compounds can lower shbg (primo, stanozolol, proviron, etc). Idk if deca and tren also have the same effect. Especially if it's UGL, who knows that's in it exactly. Deca in particular can take a long time to clear. I would give it some time and get more bloods
    Getting new complete BW 9/4/2019 will post BW at that time ......... I had BW done at VA and very basic BW . My only concern is Homyostine sp. don't have in front of me .... but it is coming back into range and all other BW on point except no free test or total test given by VA . Will see civilian Dr the 4th and find out about all detailed readings will post up then .... I am very regimented and logging

100mg of Test Cypionate every 3.5 days
    100mg of Deca every 3.5 days

I have to stop any Test injections about 10 days out so Total Test will be in line .

One question that I have been reading about and pretty common compound used by many and that is Masteron - Will it be strong enough to take the place of Test Cypionate for TRT . The forum review of the compound states it is a good compound almost like test but not as big of gain and leaner visual appearance when using ? ANY THOUGHTS ON MASTERON ?

Additionally Cholesterol was great with recent VA BW ...... does Tren increase total Test in blood serum levels ? Headed to the beach and would be great to get 4 good weeks of Tren @ 30mg EOD before the beach ...........

Thanks for responding .........HMB that is a cool screen name ......

In response to comment about E2 that is not a concern since even at 200mg a week I will take .25 every 10 days . This keeps me around 25 which is perfect to me . I have been on TRT for almost 10 years and I can feel the way to adjust AI . I have plenty of Pharmacy Astrosonal I get 30mg a mth .....my TRT Dr scripted @ 1mg a day so I stock pile them . I really like being Jacked on Tren Test & Deca today I will be 60 ..... back in then gym 6 days a week and in the groove . No flat bench and limited shoulder exercises but still seeing great change and eating kind of Keto except the only short fall if high Protein intake and eating all the time good fats and protein and good veggies with fat added ...... BW a lot better and lifting session are very satisfying . Only thing that shows age is amount of weight lifted and it is less to take care of shoulders ...... doing 4 sets of 30 with strict form before I go up in weight and lower to 4 sets of 20 and increase reps when I can and not feel unwanted bad pain !

Thanks for the comments gents !

Getting new complete BW 9/4/2019 will post BW at that time ......... I had BW done at VA and very basic BW . My only concern is Homyostine sp. don't have in front of me .... but it is coming back into range and all other BW on point except no free test or total test given by VA . Will see civilian Dr the 4th and find out about all detailed readings will post up then .... I am very regimented and logging

100mg of Test Cypionate every 3.5 days
    100mg of Deca every 3.5 days

I have to stop any Test injections about 10 days out so Total Test will be in line .

One question that I have been reading about and pretty common compound used by many and that is Masteron - Will it be strong enough to take the place of Test Cypionate for TRT . The forum review of the compound states it is a good compound almost like test but not as big of gain and leaner visual appearance when using ? ANY THOUGHTS ON MASTERON ?

Additionally Cholesterol was great with recent VA BW ...... does Tren increase total Test in blood serum levels ? Headed to the beach and would be great to get 4 good weeks of Tren @ 30mg EOD before the beach ...........

Thanks for responding .........HMB that is a cool screen name ......

In response to comment about E2 that is not a concern since even at 200mg a week I will take .25 every 10 days . This keeps me around 25 which is perfect to me . I have been on TRT for almost 10 years and I can feel the way to adjust AI . I have plenty of Pharmacy Astrosonal I get 30mg a mth .....my TRT Dr scripted @ 1mg a day so I stock pile them . I really like being Jacked on Tren Test & Deca today I will be 60 ..... back in then gym 6 days a week and in the groove . No flat bench and limited shoulder exercises but still seeing great change and eating kind of Keto except the only short fall if high Protein intake and eating all the time good fats and protein and good veggies with fat added ...... BW a lot better and lifting session are very satisfying . Only thing that shows age is amount of weight lifted and it is less to take care of shoulders ...... doing 4 sets of 30 with strict form before I go up in weight and lower to 4 sets of 20 and increase reps when I can and not feel unwanted bad pain !

Thanks for the comments gents !
    There's a lot of things there so I apologise if I miss something
    1. Be careful, sometimes deca can give a false high test reading (and it stays in your system longer than test cyp/enth)
    2. Mast cannot replace the testosterone . You still need at least trt dose of test. You can use it to supplement the difference in what you were taking and trt. It is androgenic but not very anabolic (you won't build much muscle from it), so it will not be a 1:1 ratio when supplementing w it. I think it's rated 50:80 where test is 100:100
    3. Another thing to be aware of, Tren can cause falsely increase e2 readings (poor phrasing, but I think you understand)

Blog Entries
    There's a lot of things there so I apologise if I miss something
    1. Be careful, sometimes deca can give a false high test reading (and it stays in your system longer than test cyp/enth)
    2. Mast cannot replace the testosterone . You still need at least trt dose of test. You can use it to supplement the difference in what you were taking and trt. It is androgenic but not very anabolic (you won't build much muscle from it), so it will not be a 1:1 ratio when supplementing w it. I think it's rated 50:80 where test is 100:100
    3. Another thing to be aware of, Tren can cause falsely increase e2 readings (poor phrasing, but I think you understand)
    Yes , I think I do understand ! Thanks

One thing I had never heard is Deca causing a high Test reading ....... Love Tren , Test & Deca , the only thing I need my Civilian Dr for is $15.00 co-pay and unlimited life time BW

Getting free from VA in the mail :

Test 2ml 200mg. EOW
    Astrosonal 1 x mthly
    B-12 1 x mthly
    Fish Oil 1 x mthly
    Folic Acid 1 x mthly
    D3 1 x mthly
    Pins 1 x 90 days
    alcohol wipes 1 x 90 days

All other compounds are from UGL but I do pay $70.00 per 10ml of anything except HCG & that is $80.00 10,000iu still high but convenient

Peptides are from GEO or Pro - I take

Impronel
    Semorlin
    TB - 500
    MT - II
    Frag 173-191
    Last edited by BuzzardMarinePumper; 08-20-2019 at 09:01 AM.

Yes , I think I do understand ! Thanks

One thing I had never heard is Deca causing a high Test reading ....... Love Tren , Test & Deca , the only thing I need my Civilian Dr for is $15.00 co-pay and unlimited life time BW

Getting free from VA in the mail :

Test 2ml 200mg. EOW
    Astrosonal 1 x mthly
    B-12 1 x mthly
    Fish Oil 1 x mthly
    Folic Acid 1 x mthly
    D3 1 x mthly
    Pins 1 x 90 days
    alcohol wipes 1 x 90 days

All other compounds are from UGL but I do pay $70.00 per 10ml of anything except HCG & that is $80.00 10,000iu still high but convenient

Peptides are from GEO or Pro - I take

Impronel
    Semorlin
    TB - 500
    MT - II
    Frag 173-191
    That's a good deal. Keep us posted
    Thank you for your service btw

Blog Entries
    That's a good deal. Keep us posted
    Thank you for your service btw
    Much thanks for the thanks . A little off bubble but all the well for the wear .

Not sure if you know the answer or if you addressed and I did not catch it , lol , I know I am old but I lift a little harder than the average old guy ..... I am going to the beach mid Sept and I am backing down to 40mg of Cypionate every 3.5 days and 40mg of Deca every 3.5 days ...... if I add 30mg of Tren EOD will this effect my free Test in blood serum test ?

Much thanks for the thanks . A little off bubble but all the well for the wear .

Not sure if you know the answer or if you addressed and I did not catch it , lol , I know I am old but I lift a little harder than the average old guy ..... I am going to the beach mid Sept and I am backing down to 40mg of Cypionate every 3.5 days and 40mg of Deca every 3.5 days ...... if I add 30mg of Tren EOD will this effect my free Test in blood serum test ?
    Deca has been known to increase free test level readings
    Tren can increase e2 readings, not free test

Blog Entries
    Great that answers my questions ! Much thanks !
    HoldMyBeer likes this.

xxblazenlowxx is offline Associate Member
    Having low sbhg myself i know more frequent injection help. I pin my testosterone every other day.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by xxblazenlowxx View Post
    Having low sbhg myself i know more frequent injection help. I pin my testosterone every other day.
    Thanks I have considered this especially since my Tren is EOD and could do Deca the same way ..... Thanks for your input !

Anyothers have thoughts on EOD Test injection and lowering SHBG ?

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Correct. Nandrolone is an interference substance for testosterone testing that is done using ECLIA methodology and can skew results higher than they actually are.
    If running nandrolone, the LC/MS-MS test is recommended to provide accurate results.
    HoldMyBeer likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Correct. Nandrolone is an interference substance for testosterone testing that is done using ECLIA methodology and can skew results higher than they actually are.
    If running nandrolone, the LC/MS-MS test is recommended to provide accurate results.
    Thank you for the info . I had all my BW done Thurs and had standard Free and Total test check by standard Quest Labs .... No results back yet . I laid off Cypionate for 10 days prior to test but stayed on 200mg of Deca and 120mg of Tren back on Test as of Thurs after Dr visit .

I had all these test ran and get them every 4 mths for $15.00

HDL/LDL
    HDL/LDL
    Homocysteine
    WBC Total (White Blood Cell)
    Neutrophils
    RBC
    Hemoglobin
    Hematocrit
    MCV (Mean Corpuscular Volume)
    MCH (Mean Corpuscular Hemoglobin)
    MCHC (Mean Corpuscular Hemoglobin Concentration)
    RDW (Red Cell Distribution Width)
    Platelets
    ABS (Differential Count)
    Basophils
    Lymphocytes and Monocytes
    Sodium
    Potassium
    Chloride
    Carbon Dioxide
    BUN (Bveood Urea Nitrogen)
    Creatinine
    BUN/Creatinine Ratio
    Cane Phosphatase
    AST (Aspartate Aminotransferase, previously known as SGOT)
    ALT (Alanine Aminotransferase, previously known as SGPT)
    Endocrine Function
    Testosterone (Free and Total)
    LH (Luteinizing Hormone)
    Estradiol Ultra sensitie
    T3
    T4 (Thyroxine)
    Free T4 or Thyroxine
    TSH (Thyroid Stimulating Hormone)
    D-3
    PSA
    SHBG
    Prolactin lcium
    Liver Function
    Total Protein
    Bilirubin
    Alkali
    Last edited by BuzzardMarinePumper; 08-31-2019 at 01:22 PM.
    HoldMyBeer likes this.

doublewide is offline Associate Member
    Try taking Taurine. I had low shgb and this solved it

Thread Information