Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By almostgone

Thread: Test levels rising even though using same dose

Stoli64 is offline New Member

Test levels rising even though using same dose

I've been on TRT for 8 years and have been very consistent with my dosing at 100 mg Test Cyp per week divided every 3.5 days. Nothing else used.
    For the past 6 years my levels have been running in the mid 600s with my E running in mid 20s to 30s.
    I've always been in pretty good shape for being in my mid fifties, but over the past year I really cleaned up the diet, quit drinking and added running to my workouts. The result is a thirty pound weight loss, from 215 to 185. I'm 6'3. So I'm pretty lean and look and feel great.
    About six months ago my test levels went up to 870 with E at 43. Then last week it was at 981 with E at 67. Again, no changes in dose.
    My plan is to drop my dose to 80 mg per week for a while to get the levels back to "normal". I don't mind the test being a little higher, but I'd like the E a bit lower without taking anything to lower it. I feel fine at these levels, except the sex drive is a little low.

Would the drop in body fat and weight increase my levels that much? My gear is the same so I know it's not that. Any thoughts?
    Last edited by Stoli64; 11-06-2021 at 08:45 AM.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Lower bf can definitely affect your T levels, but I'd be monitoring my free T as well.

Are you timing your labwork at the same interval in regards to your injections? Twice weekly injections do great at eliminating some of the trough effect, but labs are just a "snapshot" at a given time.

Before I changed my dose, I'd check my free T levels, and keep a running document of your labs including free T, E2, SHBG, and DHT (at least once annually on the DHT since it can be expensive).

You may definitely be able to lower your dose, it's just nice to have a broader picture of how your body is processing your hormones.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

SampsonandDelilah is offline Knowledgeable Member
    This ^^^^

Doing the same time with corresponding lab times? The body fluctuates hormones constantly and those aren’t huge swings. Could easily be explained by the timing of the dose and the timing of the labs..

I can't speak for others, but my T levels increased considerably over time as I lost weight, even though I've been pinning the same amount for over a decade. In the early years, with 100 mg test cyp [.5ml] every 3.5 days, my T levels were consistently around 800-900, then at some point my T shot up to just over 1200. That was around the time my weight dropped below 300lbs. Eventually my T got up to over 1600, so I've since had to space my shots out further and further apart to help get my levels back down, and it's still at about 1100 at this point. The only way I can explain it is, as the body fat was eliminated, more of the T made it's way into my system vs being suspended among the fat cells. I've also gone from injecting IM into my thighs, to sub-q in my mid section, to help drop my numbers further. It's anecdotal, but there you have it.

Best of luck
    Last edited by forrest_and_trees; 11-07-2021 at 12:07 PM.

Stoli64 is offline New Member
    Thanks guys. I know my last two bloodworks were done 24 post injection. Not sure specifically about the previous years. Thinking some may have been 2-3 days post injection which certainly could explain the difference. Getting more bloodwork done within the month to include more specific numbers and will stick with the 24 hours time frame.

JdFlex is offline Senior Member
    The timing of injecting versus getting blood drawn will definitely swing the numbers quite a bit. Always get the blood draw the same day of the week and roughly same time. I always get mine (2x year) on Friday morning and always inject Saturday mornings. My Dr wants to see the lowest level then he adjusts from there.

Thread Information