• 1 Post By Cylon357
  • 1 Post By Cylon357
  • 1 Post By DinAZ
  • 1 Post By almostgone

Thread: Thyroid and IGF-1 Testing

Cylon357 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries

Thyroid and IGF-1 Testing

I'm getting blood work tomorrow morning, any thoughts on whether I should take my levothyroxine and HGH before or after? I normally dose both in the AM.

DinAZ is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cylon357 View Post
    I'm getting blood work tomorrow morning, any thoughts on whether I should take my levothyroxine and HGH before or after? I normally dose both in the AM.
    I read a study a while back that mentioned some people taking HGH developing hypothyroidism. The study was more about long term HGH effects on thyroid than it was about single tests, but even so that info makes me think it would be best to take the HGH after the labs just so you have a baseline just in case the thyroid is impacted, whether for better or for worse, after taking HGH.

I’m not a student anymore so I no longer have access to the online database of med journals. Although I can’t get the full study I was able to get an abstract on Pubmed. It’s not exactly what you are looking for so idk if it will be trash or if it will have some useful info for you: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/1295815/

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DinAZ View Post
    I read a study a while back that mentioned some people taking HGH developing hypothyroidism. The study was more about long term HGH effects on thyroid than it was about single tests, but even so that info makes me think it would be best to take the HGH after the labs just so you have a baseline just in case the thyroid is impacted, whether for better or for worse, after taking HGH.

I’m not a student anymore so I no longer have access to the online database of med journals. Although I can’t get the full study I was able to get an abstract on Pubmed. It’s not exactly what you are looking for so idk if it will be trash or if it will have some useful info for you: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/1295815/
    Sounds like good info to have, I will take a peak later.

Decided to do the levothyroxine and wait on the hgh. I walk in to my appointment in about 5 minutes and we will see what comes back.
    almostgone likes this.

Blog Entries
    Sounds like good info to have, I will take a peak later.

Decided to do the levothyroxine and wait on the hgh. I walk in to my appointment in about 5 minutes and we will see what comes back.
    See there where I said I decided to wait on the HGH? Well, while that is true, it ain't exactly the full truth.

Slightly amusing story.

I was rushing around this morning, and had in fact, actually decided to do the HGH. I was rushing, trying to get the draw right, not disturb The Wife, thinking I had to be out in 2 minutes to make it to the appointment on time. Plus, I'm barely and I mean barely awake. I mean, I had showered but hadn't caffenated or had any thing besides water, so I was conscious, but not 100% game time.

Anyhow, I wash my hands, swab the bottle and my a**, and remember, I'm barely awake, start to press the needle against the skin until I'm sure it has sunk. Except I was so asleep I was like 'dur grump is it ready? Ow that felt like it' and proceeded to try to eyeball it. Is that in or not? Yeah, that looks like it is in. I start pressing down the plunger...

... and before I knew it, every drop of that precious juice was running down my ass cheek. Turns out the needle was NOT in. Dammit! No time for a second one, got to go go go!

Turns our my appointment was 30 minutes later than I thought. So, not only did I not get my injection this morning, I would have had time to do it right. AND more importantly, I got up 30 minutes earlier than I needed to. And on top of that, I had to grocery shop while I waited on my draw. But at least there was a grocery store right there. I know, first world problems...

Moral of the story: wake your a** up, Cylon!

DinAZ likes this.

DinAZ is offline Associate Member
    See there where I said I decided to wait on the HGH? Well, while that is true, it ain't exactly the full truth.

Slightly amusing story.

I was rushing around this morning, and had in fact, actually decided to do the HGH. I was rushing, trying to get the draw right, not disturb The Wife, thinking I had to be out in 2 minutes to make it to the appointment on time. Plus, I'm barely and I mean barely awake. I mean, I had showered but hadn't caffenated or had any thing besides water, so I was conscious, but not 100% game time.

Anyhow, I wash my hands, swab the bottle and my a**, and remember, I'm barely awake, start to press the needle against the skin until I'm sure it has sunk. Except I was so asleep I was like 'dur grump is it ready? Ow that felt like it' and proceeded to try to eyeball it. Is that in or not? Yeah, that looks like it is in. I start pressing down the plunger...

... and before I knew it, every drop of that precious juice was running down my ass cheek. Turns out the needle was NOT in. Dammit! No time for a second one, got to go go go!

Turns our my appointment was 30 minutes later than I thought. So, not only did I not get my injection this morning, I would have had time to do it right. AND more importantly, I got up 30 minutes earlier than I needed to. And on top of that, I had to grocery shop while I waited on my draw. But at least there was a grocery store right there. I know, first world problems...

Moral of the story: wake your a** up, Cylon!

Lol I can relate. I don’t do things well in a hurry unless it is life or death type situation. I don’t think it matters anyway very much. I’d think the regular HGH use is more likely to impact thyroid than a single shot, and if I recall you take a fairly low HGH dose so I doubt it is a big deal either way.
    Cylon357 likes this.

almostgone is offline AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    I'd definitely have done it with the Synthroid and sans GH. I shall take an extra 1.8iu to cover your loss.
    Last edited by almostgone; 12-31-2021 at 02:01 PM.
    Cylon357 likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Thread Information