• 1 Post By wango
  • 1 Post By Swilderbeast
  • 2 Post By Swilderbeast

Thread: First blood work in

Swilderbeast is offline Junior Member

First blood work in

Just got back first results

Test - 314 (reference range 264-916)
    Free Test - 9.2 ( reference range 8.7 - 25.2)

Blood was taken a full month following last injection of a 600mg/wk Test Cyp cycle. Looking to get on TRT, I know I have 1 more blood draw next week, do I need to be below the reference range? Or would this be adequate for a 40 year old male to start TRT?

Cylon357 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Depends. If at a clinic, you would be good to go. Primary care doc, maybe not. Insurance seems to be requiring 2 tests showing clinically low results (that is, below reference range).
    Swilderbeast, wango and wellshii like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cylon357 View Post
    Depends. If at a clinic, you would be good to go. Primary care doc, maybe not. Insurance seems to be requiring 2 tests showing clinically low results (that is, below reference range).

It would be with my primary doc and not going through insurance as they don’t cover dick. I end up using the GoodRX card on all my prescriptions. Thing is actually pretty legit.
    wellshii, warchild and Cylon357 like this.

Cylon357 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Swilderbeast View Post
    It would be with my primary doc and not going through insurance as they don’t cover dick. I end up using the GoodRX card on all my prescriptions. Thing is actually pretty legit.
    Then I think it boils down to does your primary treat numbers or symptoms. My guess is that if you just came off cycle, you probably "look" like you don't need trt, so yeah, it's going to ne all about relationship with primary care doc.

You probably said somewhere already,but what are you looking to do with trt? Legitimize your test or ?
    wango likes this.

wango is offline Anabolic Member
    As Cy said, TRT clinics would love to take your $. He also alluded to your relationship with your primary. If it’s rock solid, maybe you could exaggerate the symptoms? My Endocrinologist gave in when I told her that I was paying at the TRT clinic and finally she thought it would be best if she controlled the situation (particularly after seeing how damn much I was willing to pay for the stuff and how resolute I was in taking it).
    Swilderbeast and wellshii like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cylon357 View Post
    Then I think it boils down to does your primary treat numbers or symptoms. My guess is that if you just came off cycle, you probably "look" like you don't need trt, so yeah, it's going to ne all about relationship with primary care doc.

You probably said somewhere already,but what are you looking to do with trt? Legitimize your test or ?
    My primary seems very open to listening to me. I’ve only been with her for a year or so but everything she’s asked me to do I’ve done and she can see it in my blood work (for adderal) and my blood pressure is finally back in the 120s/70s which when I got to her I was 140s/90s. I came in there complaining about being lethargic which is true and she knows I work in a physically demanding field (heavy duty truck repair). I’ve actually lost 20ish pounds since being with her I’m down to a stunning 195 as of this morning.

As for what’s my goals and I’d have to sum it up as just to get the best out of life, feel better, more energy and not like I’m slowly decaying over time which is how it’s felt the past 10 years. This industry will really do a number on you physically.
    wellshii and Cylon357 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by wango View Post
    As Cy said, TRT clinics would love to take your $. He also alluded to your relationship with your primary. If it’s rock solid, maybe you could exaggerate the symptoms? My Endocrinologist gave in when I told her that I was paying at the TRT clinic and finally she thought it would be best if she controlled the situation (particularly after seeing how damn much I was willing to pay for the stuff and how resolute I was in taking it).
    I’ve seen studies showing you can tank your testosterone levels up to 25% for 2 hours with a large amount of sugar, roughly 75g. This will be my current plan unless someone has a reason as to why I should wait till I legitimately have low T. As of right now I have no complaints about running Test the rest of my life. But I know at 40 I have a solid 30 years left in my opinion. Is 40 too young to start?

wango is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Swilderbeast View Post
    I’ve seen studies showing you can tank your testosterone levels up to 25% for 2 hours with a large amount of sugar, roughly 75g. This will be my current plan unless someone has a reason as to why I should wait till I legitimately have low T. As of right now I have no complaints about running Test the rest of my life. But I know at 40 I have a solid 30 years left in my opinion. Is 40 too young to start?
    Not familiar with the technique. If she’s on top of her game she will refer back to previous blood work and then retest you again in a couple of months. Physiologically it would not make sense that your test should drastically plummet at your age.

I think anyone can argue when is it too young to start TRT. It’s just a personal choice based upon your priorities. I know for me, starting it when I had to at 57 was a blessing. I’m personally glad I didn’t start younger because I would have had 20 + years to blast or do cycles & knowing my personality, my life would have turned out completely differently and for the worse.

BTW, read your response to Cy; congrats on the weight loss and more importantly on reducing your blood pressure.
    Swilderbeast likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by wango View Post
    Not familiar with the technique. If she’s on top of her game she will refer back to previous blood work and then retest you again in a couple of months. Physiologically it would not make sense that your test should drastically plummet at your age.

I think anyone can argue when is it too young to start TRT. It’s just a personal choice based upon your priorities. I know for me, starting it when I had to at 57 was a blessing. I’m personally glad I didn’t start younger because I would have had 20 + years to blast or do cycles & knowing my personality, my life would have turned out completely differently and for the worse.

BTW, read your response to Cy; congrats on the weight loss and more importantly on reducing your blood pressure.

This is first blood work for Testosterone all over blood work has been various other things cholesterol RBC PSA liver function stuff etc etc. I just know how much better I feel when I was on cycle last. It’s not a night and day difference but enough I can tell my confidence is up, motivation is up, I wake up better, things hurt less and things bother me less.

Thank you, it’s all been without medication. Strictly diet and cardio. I thought I was doing well before just eating out here and there but hovered around 210-220 figured “we’ll that’s just me now”. Shooting for 185 and I’ll be back to my high school weight lol.
    wango likes this.

Second results in at 411. So TRT probably not going to be a road for me. Glad to see my levels appear to be coming back pretty quickly.
    Cylon357 and wango like this.

Thread Information