Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By bruin27
  • 1 Post By Cylon357
  • 2 Post By lovbyts
  • 1 Post By < <Samson> >

Thread: Self monitored TRT or via Doctor?

bruin27 is offline Associate Member

Self monitored TRT or via Doctor?

Just wondering what most guys do on here? Obviously for cost purposes it's probably cheaper to get your own bloodwork and buy your own Test, or do most just follow the protocols of a clinic or doctor?
    s1nc1ty likes this.

Cylon357 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    I personally use a doc right now, though I feel confident enough in the day to day TRT to do it myself. I use the doc right now as an insurance policy of sorts: if something comes up, I can go to the doc and get what I need with no particular issues. That may change at some point, though.
    bruin27 likes this.

balin is offline Junior Member
    As i have insurance going through the Dr is a cheaper and is easy to do. After all the reading i have done i would feel confident on my own to do it. Staying objective could be a challenge for some.

CallMeChow is offline New Member
    You could easily do it on your own provided you do the research to understand what markers to look for on your bloodwork and get it done regularly. Also consider where you are sourcing from and if its reputable. I went through a clinic for a while but it did get expensive, recently switched over to the VA for it because its free lol

Ol_Wolf is offline Junior Member
    I went through a TRT clinic and yes it is expensive at around $200 a month, but this does include everything except lab work. includes doctors review, all the syringes and needles, alcohol pads, and chemicals. Also an estrogen blocker if for some reason I start experiencing symptoms of high estrogen.

It probably would have taken my family doctor years to finally acknowledge my need for it as my test was low like a 70 year old, but not out of the normal range which goes all the way down to 250 or 200 depending on the scale your doctor uses. Eventually I would like to look into what I can do insurance wise to pay some of it, but for now it works this way.

I couldn't see having done it all on my own even though I was able to get all the chemicals for about 6 months through "Alternative sources" and it only cost me about $300 and syringes and alcohol pads are cheap on Amazon. For me though even with all the research I have done it helps to sound it against a medical professional opinion.

Fit4Florida is offline Junior Member
    Was doing self administered HRT after a short time of researching/studying up on bloodwork markers, main effects/side effects of Test. Was pretty easy to find my equilibrium and dosing. Always used 2/week injections for blood stability. Maintained 750-850ng/dl on .33cc 2 times/week. Was really surprised at how easy getting on HRT through my Urologist was. Referral from my doc, and a blood test showing 271 and the rest is history……

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Its FAR to easy to get TRT now days even if you are borderline legally with a doc so IMO no reason not to use a doc.
    RigPig and < <Samson> > like this.

s1nc1ty is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    Its FAR to easy to get TRT now days even if you are borderline legally with a doc so IMO no reason not to use a doc.

in my country.. if you are seriously under normal test range they give you just enough to get you up over the minimum line and then tell you to eat vitamins etc

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    Yup, that’s how it is here now. As long as you have insurance & it covers it, you’re golden. I was talking to another guy when I went in last time to donate blood, he pays a 17 dollar a week copay that covers all of his TRT related blood work & injections. The guy was 43, looked like he was as 30 & has been on trt since 23 < wow!
    lovbyts likes this.

Thread Information