Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Cylon357
  • 1 Post By Fiskevatten
  • 2 Post By Cylon357
  • 1 Post By Cylon357

Thread: TRT PCT protocol for cycling on TRT?

jjsevens is offline Associate Member

TRT PCT protocol for cycling on TRT?

Been on TRT For 6 months, bloodworks stable now so ready to start my first cycle.

Is there an PCT protocol for guys on TRT once your cycles up? Do you just stop and resume your prescribed dose or slowly come off?
    Last edited by jjsevens; 05-06-2022 at 09:03 PM.

Cylon357 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    You just go back to your normal TRT dose. You have probably seen the term "blast and cruise", what you are describing is exactly that. You blast higher compounds for a while, then drop down to regular trt dose and "cruise".
    jjsevens likes this.

jjsevens is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cylon357 View Post
    You just go back to your normal TRT dose. You have probably seen the term "blast and cruise", what you are describing is exactly that. You blast higher compounds for a while, then drop down to regular trt dose and "cruise".
    OK thanks, ya just wasn't sure if you were supposed to slowly come off or add anything in there afterwards.

Fiskevatten is offline Member
    Forgive me for hijacking, but above interest me as well since I just started TRT - Usually with Cycle/ PCT you wait time on incl PCT to time off to reset, but how does that work with TRT?
    In other words, how long should we Cruise before another Blast to stay as healthy as possible, or is it just up to bloods and feels?
    Cylon357 likes this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiskevatten View Post
    Forgive me for hijacking, but above interest me as well since I just started TRT - Usually with Cycle/ PCT you wait time on incl PCT to time off to reset, but how does that work with TRT?
    In other words, how long should we Cruise before another Blast to stay as healthy as possible, or is it just up to bloods and feels?
    Hmm, that's a good question. I would let bloodwork and other health markers be your guide. If BP, heart rate, lipids, etc all look good, go for it.

I would add that trt is not a ticket to blast forever, so the more you add to your blast (or the longer you blast), the closer I would watch the health markers.

That said, some men are able to cruise safely at doses that might be dangerous for someone else, so a lot of it is individual response.
    jjsevens and Fiskevatten like this.

PittBoy is offline Associate Member
    I pulled out the old shovel and dug this thread up! I have been on this forum for quite a while but haven't posted anything in a looooong time. I love reading and come back to this forum at least every few months or so.

I am 46 and starting TRT. I haven't done a cycle at all in about 3 years or so and I was planning on doing a cycle this July (I was not planning on TRT but it's happening) and I will more than likely be pushing my planned cycle, which would now be a blast, until closer to the fall, just to make sure blood work and everything is good (is that a reasonable time?)

My question is, would I blast at a similar test dose to past cycles? Last cycle I did was 40mg var 1-4 and Test C 500mg 1-10. Do you just keep it test or is var a mild enough oral for 46?

I kind of feel like I am starting the learning process all over again when it comes to TRT, or am I just being overly cautious? Even prior to my past cycle I kept them about 2 years apart and always did bloods.

If I have this correct. While on TRT, if you blast for 10 weeks, you just go right back to your TRT dose when that blast is over, and you don't need to run anything else?

Appreciate any info.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PittBoy View Post
    I pulled out the old shovel and dug this thread up! I have been on this forum for quite a while but haven't posted anything in a looooong time. I love reading and come back to this forum at least every few months or so.

I am 46 and starting TRT. I haven't done a cycle at all in about 3 years or so and I was planning on doing a cycle this July (I was not planning on TRT but it's happening) and I will more than likely be pushing my planned cycle, which would now be a blast, until closer to the fall, just to make sure blood work and everything is good (is that a reasonable time?)

My question is, would I blast at a similar test dose to past cycles? Last cycle I did was 40mg var 1-4 and Test C 500mg 1-10. Do you just keep it test or is var a mild enough oral for 46?

I kind of feel like I am starting the learning process all over again when it comes to TRT, or am I just being overly cautious? Even prior to my past cycle I kept them about 2 years apart and always did bloods.

If I have this correct. While on TRT, if you blast for 10 weeks, you just go right back to your TRT dose when that blast is over, and you don't need to run anything else?

Appreciate any info.
    It can take up to a year to properly dial in trt doses, and normally I would say wait until you have that dialed in before blasting. But, you have fairly recent cycle experience, so if you wanted to blast sooner, personally I would say that is fine.

In other words, I don't see any risk in this case, assuming your cycles went well. You could wait if you want but it sounds like in your case, your fall blast wouldn't be ill advised.

Blast with whatever compounds you like. Var is a good one, depending on goal.

And yes, when your blast is over, just drop down to your regular TRT protocol.
    maxbiggerstaff likes this.

PittBoy is offline Associate Member
    Thanks brother, the info is much appreciated!

Thread Information