• 1 Post By Zenpump
  • 2 Post By Cylon357
  • 1 Post By Sandman_130
  • 1 Post By teedoff
  • 1 Post By Zenpump

Thread: 3 months TRT(gel) - doc adding clomid

Sandman_130 is offline New Member

3 months TRT(gel) - doc adding clomid

38 Male. Original blood work and current attached.

I Started TRT 4 months ago. Prescribed test gel at 1 50mg packet a day.

Second round of bloods even worse. Assuming my natural production stopped and the dose of gel isn’t strong enough to replace my previous natural levels.

Doctor is now prescribing 25mg clomiphene daily to restart natural production.

Last round of labs did not show e2 - doctor wasn’t concerned with retesting and went ahead with just adding Clomid.

Wouldn’t the gel shut down my natural production already? I am wondering if anyone has heard or used of this protocol?

Just second guessing my practitioner.

Thanks for any help
    3 months TRT(gel) - doc adding clomid-a67e432e-5fb8-4baf-ad7d-fe1f57ddecbf.jpeg
    3 months TRT(gel) - doc adding clomid-af8f97bb-bfb9-4433-ab34-b860cae8f17d.jpeg

Zenpump is offline Junior Member
    Get a new doctor. Its not rocket science. TRT should be ramped over a few months (starting low) up to the mid to high normal range. Using this approach, you should never need clomid or anything else.

I have been on TRT for years and never needed anything but test.
    Sandman_130 likes this.

Amazing how many doctors are just stupid assholes. Truly.
    Sandman_130 likes this.

Cylon357 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman_130 View Post
    38 Male. Original blood work and current attached.

I Started TRT 4 months ago. Prescribed test gel at 1 50mg packet a day.

Second round of bloods even worse. Assuming my natural production stopped and the dose of gel isn’t strong enough to replace my previous natural levels.

Doctor is now prescribing 25mg clomiphene daily to restart natural production.

Last round of labs did not show e2 - doctor wasn’t concerned with retesting and went ahead with just adding Clomid.

Wouldn’t the gel shut down my natural production already? I am wondering if anyone has heard or used of this protocol?

Just second guessing my practitioner.

Thanks for any help
    Is the doc wanting you to stop the gel and use clomid instead or use clomid in addition to the gel?

The latter case is something we see sometimes: docs prescribing clomid instead of hcg . It borders on "not optimal" to "completely useless". Hcg is the tool to preserve some portion of HPTA function on TRT. See if he will prescribe it instead.

The first case, clomid as HRT, works for a small number of men. The numbers improve but do not reflect how we feel. MAYBE SERM therapy works well with younger men, but my experience says test, either cream or injections, is the way to go for older gents, or those looking for max performance.

Any form of exogenous testosterone , topic, oral or injection, will trend toward suppression and eventual shutdown of natural production.
    almostgone and Sandman_130 like this.

Yea he wants to combine it with the gel use. Didn’t make sense to me at the time.

I think this clinic is just in it for money as they claim to not offer injections either.
    Cylon357 likes this.

Yea i explained to him The first few weeks of gel some of the low t symptoms started to improve, but not very much. Explained that I don’t think the gel absorbs very well for me(always dry skin) Now I’m in a much worse spot than before I started.

Doc didn’t want to increase dosage, and does not offer i injections. Then prescribed some overpriced clomid, without my insurance would have been 3x the amount from any Ugl.

What is your dosage/protocol if you don’t mind me asking?

teedoff is offline Member
    Is this a mainstream dr or are you going to a hormone clinic? Are you in the states?

Hormone clinics are popping up everywhere in the USA. Either way, if they don't offer injections for trt protocol I think I'd also find another Dr or hormone clinic. Even my pcp who put me on gel offered me the choice of either gel or injections.
    Sandman_130 likes this.

The point is with TRT (not a cycle) with TRT sone properly you should need anything else with it
    Sandman_130 likes this.

I’m in Canada using an online clinic. Not many options in my province because of doctor shortage, I lost my primary doctor a couple years ago and can only get help from walk in clinics - which are usually a waste of time.

I am currently looking and waiting to hear back from a couple options. The current online clinic had enough red flags for me to know better, but here I am with tanked hormones and a terrible protocol lol.
    Last edited by Sandman_130; 05-23-2023 at 10:22 PM.

Thread Information