bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member

Does your medical insurance pay?

Hey guy's, I had blood test this week and my total test was below baseline of 240ng/dl. It was 232 and have just begun to experience lack of sexual desire and I just got married! I told them to take my free test levels too but was not on report?? Anyways, 1yr ago I had almost same levels and free test was okay. Since I have no medical insurance (self-employed) I was thinking of seeing if I could get a Rx for HRT since I am below baseline. However, I plan on buying insurance plan in about 1-2 months so should I wait?? I know some companies may not be good with pre-existing conditions. I am 45yrs old, 5'6" @175lbs lean and in fantastic shape.

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    I am sadly coming to the conclusion that even if you have the best health insurance around, HRT (legal) just isnt cost effective. I am not saying that you should not get insurance. You definately should have insurance! Just that the Rx for the derm or depo is still expensive when considering all the other options out there.
    But bump for more answers bro

kaorialfred is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 956Vette
    I am sadly coming to the conclusion that even if you have the best health insurance around, HRT (legal) just isnt cost effective. I am not saying that you should not get insurance. You definately should have insurance! Just that the Rx for the derm or depo is still expensive when considering all the other options out there.
    But bump for more answers bro

I am raving right now with my insurance company. They have lived up to their claim to be the best plan out there.
    I am looking into a script for HGH or IGF-1. They are both covered under my plan. You just have to get a script before they talk to you.

I just got a Halo script today, and a ameridex script on Friday. I get depo test cyp 200mg for 15.00 Pharmica brand. Nolva for a 90 day 20mg supply I pay 7.00 dollars for generic tamoxifen .

So lets see how much I get charged for Winstrol and the Halo, GH will post later when I get the info.

Pretty much my plan hasn't let me down yet. MRI was covered 100% too!!!

Hawkman44 is offline Associate Member
    I have to pay $48 for 200mg of Test C with my policy. I obviously need a new plan if others are paying $15.00 for the same thing! That really makes me mad.

Just think, just a month agao I was happy as a pig in sh*t just to get a script.

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Thanks guys, I decided to contact the insurance companies see whats up. Depending on what they say will determine what I do..

Just got my Halos 10 mg for 150 tablets co-pay was 15.00 with my insurance. This was at Walgreens. I also put an order in with our mail order pharmacy. They usually are way cheaper than Walgreens. This may be true, but my test cyp is the same at Walgreens as the mail order company 15.00. Intresting to say the least what your insurance will pay and won't.

flexin-rph is offline Member
    Most current ins. plans will pay for orals & topicals...but NOT for injectables. Just what I have seen in the past.

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Mine pays for everything

JohnnyB

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    **** i am getting screwed. my month supply of androgel runs just shy of $60!

Quote Originally Posted by 956Vette
    **** i am getting screwed. my month supply of androgel runs just shy of $60!
    you got that right I get a 90-day supply of Testim for 75.00.

What are some others?

znak is offline Senior Member
    Mine covers all doctor prescribed injectables--- hgh, test, everything.

Quote Originally Posted by znak
    Mine covers all doctor prescribed injectables--- hgh, test, everything.

Isn't it a beautiful thing

Kato is offline Member
    how do you go about askin ur insurance co if the cover hrt? where do you start?

I first started by looking at the covered drug list from my insurance company. HGH and MRI, Cancer screening drugs aren't listed on the website. You have to actually call or email inquiry about such stuff. I have been contacted by the Special Injectables department and "all you need is a prescription by a Dr. and we can get started", was all I needed to here. I don't have to actually go out and find a Dr. to write a script just because I want it. (I have one of those in my stable of docs) I have medical problems to back up the HRT/TRT Treatment.

Remember you pick and choose your insurance, find someone who has your company. See what their experience is.

Professor is offline New Member
    My insurance covers my injectable Cyp, $10. Most insurance companys have a formulary list on their member web sites, and will usually tell you what you pay for how much over what period. I use I use Advance PCS. Goverment insurance, yum.

znak is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato
    how do you go about askin ur insurance co if the cover hrt? where do you start?

Go on their web site and look up the medicines they cover. They will also have an 800 number. Call it and tell them that you have a hormone imbalance and that you doctor is considering test cyp, deca and hgh rectify the situation and you would like to get them to pre-approve them. Pick your type, say saizen, and they will quote you.

Mine is free.

I agree with you kaorialfred, life is a beautiful thing!

Astrozombie is offline New Member
    If you have to pay yourself then I would go with the test cyp injectible. From what I recall reading it is about $100 for 10ml. Assuming 100mg per week that is a little over $10 / week when you count in syringes, swabs, etc.

Whatever you do, don't go with Androgel or you will have a heart attack and not need the HRT because it costs so **** much. Right now I am paying $40 for a month's supply of 10mg daily Androgel under my insurance, but without insurance I think it is $300+

tcw
    tcw is offline Senior Member
    So can we get some names of Good insurance companies that cover HRT?

I HAVE an HMO...but i am willing to change.

thks for the input..!

I had Cigna and it was an HMO and PPO plan. it was very good. I listed prices a while ago don't remember them off hand but I got a script for Halo,Winny,Deca ,Test,Dex,Nolva it was dirt cheap. I would get the compunded stuff not that cheap. But still Deca and Winny were like 15.00 a bottle.
    Halo's were 50mg a day for 5 weeks, and you got a 90 day supply thru mailorder.

I have heard Blue Cross Sheild coming thru for people in the past also.

tcw
    tcw is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kaorialfred
    I had Cigna and it was an HMO and PPO plan. it was very good. I listed prices a while ago don't remember them off hand but I got a script for Halo,Winny,Deca ,Test,Dex,Nolva it was dirt cheap. I would get the compunded stuff not that cheap. But still Deca and Winny were like 15.00 a bottle.
    Halo's were 50mg a day for 5 weeks, and you got a 90 day supply thru mailorder.

I have heard Blue Cross Sheild coming thru for people in the past also.

THANKS Kaorial...!

ripsta is offline New Member
    Insurance covering HRT and HGH therapy this is all new to me, I've worked with several antiaging clinics in the past 5 years and they have never once said insurance might cover this so I never tried. I was just looking at cigna's website https://secure.cigna.com/health/form...h_hormones.pdf

about the HGH therapy they cover, and what are you guys listing or your docs listing that insurance will cover and does the antiaging clinic doc classify for there board certified endocrinologist section they have listed on the paper work?

If insurance will cover HGH, ohmygod save a alot of money.

Quote Originally Posted by ripsta
    Insurance covering HRT and HGH therapy this is all new to me, I've worked with several antiaging clinics in the past 5 years and they have never once said insurance might cover this so I never tried. I was just looking at cigna's website https://secure.cigna.com/health/form...h_hormones.pdf

about the HGH therapy they cover, and what are you guys listing or your docs listing that insurance will cover and does the antiaging clinic doc classify for there board certified endocrinologist section they have listed on the paper work?

If insurance will cover HGH, ohmygod save a alot of money.

dude I have medical issues, and bloodwork to back it up.
    I actually didn't have to go thru all that paperwork. I did have an endocrinologist, urologist, primary care physican all write a script for my diffrent needs and I spoke with a case worker at Cigna told her my situation and pretty much its a given with the Dr. involed and the drugs prescibed you bet that the first time I need cyp or GH it wasn't questioned anymore. Then I found a Dr. for the Halo, Winny, Deca , Anavar . All I had to do was pick a pharmacy for the compounded stuff and the orals were from Cigna pharmacy.

Again I had it easy................................

All it cost me in the end was a nut!!!!!
    Also had my gyno surgery covered too by Cigna 50.00 bucks .

I don't think you have to jump thru a lot of hoops to do stuff with your insurance. I am sure now that everyone knows about PCT and when and when not things can get manipulated. The problem is that when I was tested for HGH I was low 3 out 4 labs that were drawn. So I still got the therapy.

If you have legit Dr. and they are praticing legit medicine they won't have any problems jumping thru the hoops for you. The anti-aging clinics want you to pay up front because they are not into "filing with insurance companies" Which is odd. I actually quit seeing a Dr. cause he would avoid phone calls from Cigna.
    In all honesty I would say the clinics are border line and when a sales person talks to you more than a Dr. Be concerend be very concerned.!!!!

junit37 is offline Junior Member
    Do you have to be a certain age for your insurance company to consider covering you for HGH?

update my wife just told me the company came by to enroll for a new health insurance policy at her work. She had already asked for informationf about covering my HRT/TRT because the current isurance doesn't and won't
    See my thread about the 5.8 Genotropin cartridges.
    So the have a tier deal with the new set up.
    Genortropin 4 ius a day will cost 50. bucks a month 6/1. That sure beats what I paid last month from the crappy insurance.

SEBASTOP is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kaorialfred
    you got that right I get a 90-day supply of Testim for 75.00.

What are some others?
    With my plan, I pay $15 for 30 days of Testim.
    Last edited by SEBASTOP; 02-23-2006 at 12:44 PM.

markas214 is offline Senior Member
    $10 for thirty days. i started today. Mt test level was 380 after 4 months off of a two year straight AAS run. No sides from that BTW.

yeah the price of testim has gone down over three years. competiton is good.

method is offline Junior Member
    Question good men,
    How do you go about getting the topic started with the doc. I just switched opver to oxford who is my work insurance and have a new doc. He told me that my test levels were ok.. how do I go on from there to try and get test written for.

Ufa
    Ufa is offline Anabolic Member
    Insurance is nice.
    Last edited by Ufa; 04-02-2006 at 11:12 PM.

Ufa
    Ufa is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm sure things will work out.
    Last edited by Ufa; 04-02-2006 at 11:13 PM.

vermin is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by method
    Question good men,
    How do you go about getting the topic started with the doc. I just switched opver to oxford who is my work insurance and have a new doc. He told me that my test levels were ok.. how do I go on from there to try and get test written for.
    Basically you have to cover the issue of HRT, with an emphasis on the "R". Acutely low levels tend to be due to a specific medical condition, whatever it may be, and that is what your MD is addressing when he indicates that your levels are fine. If you are halfway bald a Dr may tell you that is "fine" or "normal", too - but want your hair replaced it does not matter to you that a reduction of hair on your head is "normal"!

This is an area of active debate within the medical community so some MDs will discuss, some will be set in stone. As with anything else, if you do not like the way your MD is caring for a condition, you probably need another opinion. I have sought several in my case.

As a general principle my experiences have really made me wonder who is up to what. All of this stuff is commonly used without debate in Europe. There is a 70yo I know who has been on HRT for years who generally is assumed to be 45 when folks first meet him. While he may not be a typical case, when you see results like that you being to wonder if a lot of this nonsense is just Medicare damage control because if folks weren't so brainwashed to be afraid of it they'd be storming Washington demanding it....

method is offline Junior Member
    Thanks... gives me an idea or two

Thread Information