jsr0367 is offline New Member

I am about to begin HRT.

Hello forum...

I will be starting Testosterone replacement therapy within a week. I am a 38 yo male who's Total Testosterone is at 160. My Endo advised me that he wants me above 300. I tried Androderm for about a week, but the skin reactions we ungodly! Has anyone tried Testoderm TTS???

If these patches do not workout for me he is going the way of injections.

Anyone have any feedback or experience with Testoderm TTS patches?

Also, anyone have anything good to say about the experience under HRT? Have you noticed any changes? How soon after?

blackh2 is offline Associate Member
    im going for hrt as well, mine was the lowest of anyone ive heard. 89 and 6 with 0.1 gh levels. so im going ot push for both of those cause i look and feel like shit. im 32

darmadoc is offline Member
    My level was below 100. I got checked because I had become impotenet, despite a new and very hot girlfriend. She stuck with me through that horrible time. Within 24 hours of starting androgel I was back in the saddle. It was an AMAZING turn-around!

Androgel did nothing for me. Androderm gave me such a skin reaction that I had scars for weeks! This was two years ago. I have a new Endo who is willing to work with my Low T. In fact he urges me to correct this low hormones due to the longterm consequences and the improvements it can do on my ED among others. He does want to go the injections route with me rather than the patch.

I am a little concerned about the way injections fade toward the end of the 2-3 week interval.

I don't understand. How could androgel do nothing?

There was very little change in my T levels.

microphobia is offline New Member
    Injections are the way to go, if your worried about peaks and valleys then tell your Doc. to go weekly injections and youll be fine.

SEBASTOP is offline Associate Member

Thumbs up

My doctor has me on "Testim" (Auxilium Pharmaceuticals, Inc.). It is 1% testosterone gel, 50mg of test per 5g tube. When I started my test levels were 80 (Very low) after using the gel (1 Tube ED) for a month my levels went up to 1000. The doctor then had me throtle back to 5 times a week. Nothing but positive effects for me.

AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member
    cool

I've used testim as well. Also worked great. It has kind of a flowery smell that I don't like.

SEBASTOP is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by darmadoc
    I've used testim as well. Also worked great. It has kind of a flowery smell that I don't like.
    I didn't like it at first either, but got used to it and now I even like it. Maybe it's "conditioned reflex" to what it does.

Teabagger is offline Senior Member
    test level of 300 is still too low...most want you to get your levels in the upper quartile of the range...that would be 750 and up...talk to him. The blood level you feel normal at will different than mine so some experimentation is needed to find the correct level you need to be at. HRT is great.

Thread Information