Triposinator is offline Associate Member

Questions for HRT VETERANS

I'm going to be wrapping up my 1st cycle in about 3 weeks

Triposinators 1st cycle log

I decided to do this cycle to get me over a hump...I'd been working my ass off in the gym, with a good diet and lifestyle, but getting very very little result during the past year. My Total Test was at 454 and Free Test at 11.4 back in August.

As I'm nearing the end of this cycle, I'm naturally finding the benefits have been fantastic, and I'm wondering about something more permanent than cycle after cycle. I've been researching HRT quite a bit but I have some questions:

- I undersand that (depending on the Doc) one of the objectives is to get Test and other (E, DHT,etc) levels to some kind of baseline. Are these levels typically high enough to get back to a "gain mode" in the gym, or do additional more intensive cycles still need to be done occasionally to get gains?

- How did you find your Doctor - what techiniques/search tools did you use?

- What have been the "game breaking" issues you've had to deal with when de****g with a doctor - which made you walk away - protocols, HcG , HGH for example?

- Once you are "dialed in" are the meds pretty steady for a period of time, or do tweaks need to be made every so often due to the receptors acclimating?

- What have you learned now that you wish you'd have known before you started HRT?

Thanks in advance Bros

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    You after you cycle get your blood work done, if you're below normal, the doc should send you to an endocrinologist, which will get you a script. But make sure for the first 6 months to a year you stay no his/hers regiment. You'll start out seeing him every 3 months then every 6, once you're dial in some see you every year, then you can cycle pretty much when you want.

I got of my cycle and was off for 5 weeks and my tests cames back above the high range. So I told him I did a shot before the blood work was done to see how high my levels got after an injection

JohnnyB

Kroms_laugh is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Triposinator
    - I undersand that (depending on the Doc) one of the objectives is to get Test and other (E, DHT,etc) levels to some kind of baseline. Are these levels typically high enough to get back to a "gain mode" in the gym, or do additional more intensive cycles still need to be done occasionally to get gains?
    If you're operating on low test levels to begin with... hell yes. I gained 32 pounds lean mass in the first 5 months of HRT.

- How did you find your Doctor - what techiniques/search tools did you use?
    Just a local endocrinologist... but the AACE has a great website with a members list.

- What have been the "game breaking" issues you've had to deal with when de****g with a doctor - which made you walk away - protocols, HcG, HGH for example?
    A protocol that is longer than weekly. Most endocrinologists are unaware that the publicized material they use to scribe HRT is 9 to 15 years old... the AACE is aware of this and making an effort to educate endo's on their new publications

- Once you are "dialed in" are the meds pretty steady for a period of time, or do tweaks need to be made every so often due to the receptors acclimating?
    Receptor turn-over occurs within hours. It is a bodybuilding community myth that AR receptors get desensatized or 'dirty'. Now... there is such a thing as 'downgrading', which occurs when massive amounts of strain are put on a muscle that been overtrained or stressed almost to injury. Heavy compound lifts can cause this for you 1-4RM guys.

Other guys find that they need estrogen control after almost a year on HRT. Myself included.

- What have you learned now that you wish you'd have known before you started HRT?
    That estrogen is vitally important to control within the given ratio for well-being, vitality, sex-drive, libido, etc.

Thanks in advance Bros
    NP, bro... let us know how things are going!

Best of luck to you!

Best regards,
    Kroms

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    Kroms, could you explain further on your procedures for estrogen control, etc..?
    Also, if test levels will not come up to the normal level after extensive PCT, at what age would you consider HRT, Btw I'm 24 and about to have my BW done in a couple weeks, I feel my test is still in the pits.
    By going on HRT at such a young age, does it affect your ability to have children?

Sorry triposinator, not trying to thread hijack, These questions just spun off of your original question. In the same boat as you unfortunately.
    Last edited by IBdmfkr; 12-18-2005 at 01:42 AM.

Why what a coincidence... I'm 24... on HRT... and a father.

Test and hCG is the best protocol to preserve fertility, but test alone should not make a healthy man infertile (given there are no comorbidities to your low testosterone ).

By estrogen control, I mean with an AI, such as letrozole or arimidex . Most patients prefer arimidex over letro, because letrozole can shut you down too hard (too little estrogen ... there is an ideal estrogen/testosterone ratio that is different for everyone). I am using letrozole right now, and it's shut me down hard. I'm dry as bone, so I'm having joint pain issues. Go with arimidex.

hCG + testosterone and arimidex if needed

Best of luck to you, bro. Let us know what your results look like when you get them back.

Best Regards,
    Kroms

Let you know when I get them, I just came off a few months ago, If they are still in the pits then I'll have to weigh my options. Thanks for the info, I think I'll go with aromasin , tried arimidex and liked it but heard aromasin is superior. Any good links for HCG usage for an HRT patient?

http://forum.mesomorphosis.com - Men's health forum

That's Dr. John Crisler's old board. His hCG protocol is excellent.

To be honest, I have not had much experience with aromasin , but from what I've read it sounds like an effective treatment.

Ufa
    Ufa is offline Anabolic Member
    Cool stuff.
    Last edited by Ufa; 04-02-2006 at 11:14 PM.

anabolicbruce is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ufa
    Why do you feel it necessary to promote other Forum's. The forum you mention will send you no less than 15 e-mail's per day from Drugs, dick-enlargement and if you click on the pervert forum God only help you.

WTF are you talking about? How many threads are you going to ruin with your sensless accusations and idiotic advice. On top of the fact you attempt to dicredit medical doctors who are believers in the power of HRT.

On the other hand I have reviewed your post/thread history and came to the conclusion that you must suffer from a mild form of retardation or you are just plain SLOW! Therefore I'll diregard any posts you make.

He's special, not slow.

*Alex* is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by anabolicbruce
    WTF are you talking about? How many threads are you going to ruin with your sensless accusations and idiotic advice. On top of the fact you attempt to dicredit medical doctors who are believers in the power of HRT.

On the other hand I have reviewed your post/thread history and came to the conclusion that you must suffer from a mild form of retardation or you are just plain SLOW! Therefore I'll diregard any posts you make.
    rofl

toolman is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by anabolicbruce

Thread Information