SHANEDOGG is offline New Member

New doc wants me off of test for awhile...

I just went to a new doc today. He want me to be off test for 1 month and then get all new bloodwork.... He thinks I'm young for Test. I'm 33, but originally my levels were at about 215. Currently I have been taking injectables 200mg/eow. He was also trying to talk me into gel - What do you think? I'm going to try it and see if he has any alternatives - if I'm not happy - i'll pay the extra money and go back to my old doc and get back on test. I'm pretty happy and have noticed alot more energy and sex drive while being on test. cyp. for the last 3 months. - Should I stick it out and see what he has to say from the lab tests?

Stackertoo is offline Member
    Most docs could fvck up a wet dream with the way they approach HRT. Most who use it run into this problem. Stay with the shots if you can, but if you find that gel works better for you, or is more convenient, then change. Don't let your doc push you around. He can be replaced.

ToTheBuckeT21 is offline Senior Member
    yea you don't have to do anything

cj1capp is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SHANEDOGG
    I just went to a new doc today. He want me to be off test for 1 month and then get all new bloodwork.... He thinks I'm young for Test. I'm 33, but originally my levels were at about 215. Currently I have been taking injectables 200mg/eow. He was also trying to talk me into gel - What do you think? I'm going to try it and see if he has any alternatives - if I'm not happy - i'll pay the extra money and go back to my old doc and get back on test. I'm pretty happy and have noticed alot more energy and sex drive while being on test. cyp. for the last 3 months. - Should I stick it out and see what he has to say from the lab tests?
    at 215 i think that is stll on the low side . I think its low normal ask your doc to check out the lab vaules again

kaorialfred is offline Member
    in the begining I had to do labs quite a bit, but here is the thing that I see wrong with your new Dr.

Why would any Dr. ask you to make yourself sick and run down just so he can see your levels.
    I have had a Dr. like this and I followed thru and did what he said because my RBC was high and HDL/LDL were wacked out. So this Dr. after seeing my urologist, endo, and HRT dr. this guys was my go to guy for just colds and such. But he asked me to do that for him. THe thing is I almost freaking busted his ass wide open for what he told me. He just wanted to see how low my levels are with out the test and where my other values were.
    I was feeling sick and tired and messed up by day 32 because he even convinced my wife to agree to not inject me. So guess what the test was, low but the RBC came down a bit after donating blood too. But not more than enough to justify what he was doing. Hello I have hereditary HDL/LDL problems. What ever drug I take it screws up my live big time so anyway long story short.

Find a Dr. and stick to the one who is giving you what you need. When you have a med prof asking you to stop treament so they can see where you are. If you are like me I should have told him to kiss my remaining nut and get the f out of his office.
    Why are you even comtemplating the gel if the cyp works so well?

Also I was 30 when I first was diagonosed with hypo gonad
    Last edited by kaorialfred; 03-14-2006 at 07:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kaorialfred
    in the begining I had to do labs quite a bit, but here is the thing that I see wrong with your new Dr.

Why would any Dr. ask you to make yourself sick and run down just so he can see your levels.
    I have had a Dr. like this and I followed thru and did what he said because my RBC was high and HDL/LDL were wacked out. So this Dr. after seeing my urologist, endo, and HRT dr. this guys was my go to guy for just colds and such. But he asked me to do that for him. THe thing is I almost freaking busted his ass wide open for what he told me. He just wanted to see how low my levels are with out the test and where my other values were.
    I was feeling sick and tired and messed up by day 32 because he even convinced my wife to agree to not inject me. So guess what the test was, low but the RBC came down a bit after donating blood too. But not more than enough to justify what he was doing. Hello I have hereditary HDL/LDL problems. What ever drug I take it screws up my live big time so anyway long story short.

Find a Dr. and stick to the one who is giving you what you need. When you have a med prof asking you to stop treament so they can see where you are. If you are like me I should have told him to kiss my remaining nut and get the f out of his office.
    Why are you even comtemplating the gel if the cyp works so well?

Also I was 30 when I first was diagonosed with hypo gonad

KF,

The only reason I am doing this is because he wants to figure out why my test levels are so low. He is questioning the other doc, just because he prescribed me on test without telling me why - just that I would be on it for life. He was vague in telling me about why or explaning anything to me...

So, new insurance doesn't cover my old doc anymore so I have to look elsewhere for primary care. Insert new doc here. he's curious as to why my levels are so low, not just to keep injecting me and going without properly diagnosing me himself. I guess it's alright - I'm not looking forward to it - getting tired and lethargic, but I'll tough it out for 3 more weeks until I see him again. He also mentioned that the gel was alot more conveinient - Which i might agree with because I'm getting injections 200mg/eow and it's a pain going in and missing some work just for that. I really want to do self-injections of 100mg every week so I would be more stable - but it's not looking like anyone is going to let me do injections myself. I don't know what else to do. I even called Oasis to talk about some possibilites, but I don't know if that's the route to go for me because they were talking about cycling....I thought you don't cycle when on HRT for life and was talking about winstrol .....To say the very least, I'm confused, off my injections and wondering what to do next. Stay of test, see what the new doc says and maybe get some gel (and how well does it work)?? go back to the old doc and pay more $ - 60 every office visit every time plus $10 each injection eow. or just get a new doc willing to work with me more???

Thanks,

Shane

I am sending you a pm.

Tried an endocrinologist this time...

I just had another appt. w/ an Endocrinologist today. A female this time - she's supposed to be really good. She told me of all the testing she wanted to do and this is what she did while I was in her office

1) Basal Metabolic machine (to find out metabolism)
    2) Ultra sound on my Thyroid
    3) Osteoporis test (some xray for the hand)
    4) Blood pressure of my legs....kinda different.
    5) Blood workup in her office - they have someone on staff - This is a very huge deal because in Las Vegas you have to normally go to a testing lab with about 100 other people and wait 1-1/2 to 2 hours each time you need blood work.

Here's what I had analyzed...from what I could read....

Anti-thyroglobulin
    anti-tpo antibody
    calcium, ionized
    cbc w/diff w/plt
    cortisol, random
    estradiol
    estrogens, total
    fsa
    glycohemoglobin A1c
    Igf-1
    insulin
    Iron & Tibc?
    lipid panel
    lutenizing hormone
    prolactin?
    t3, free
    t4, free
    testosterone , total and free
    TSH ultra sensitive
    vitamin d, 25 hydroxy
    vitamin d, 1, 25 hydroxy

Also need to do 3 hour glucose /3 hour insulin tol. test
    and
    24 hour urine for cortisol free and creatinine and DHEA

Then I need...
    Thyroid and comparison ultrasound
    Testicular ultrasound
    Pituitary MRI

Holy crap....That sounds like a ton of stuff, but we'll see what happens. For now she wants me to stop the test and I have a follow up in 2-3 weeks....She said that she doesn't mind treating me for low testosterone if I truly need it, but really wants to find out why I am low and also to control estrogen levels, as well. It sounds good - I think it try it out.....let's just hope the boys grow back in time for that ultrasound......that's nice!

AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member
    Testicular ultrasound
    Pituitary MRI

Holy crap....That sounds like a ton of stuff, but we'll see what happens. For now she wants me to stop the test and I have a follow up in 2-3 weeks....She said that she doesn't mind treating me for low testosterone if I truly need it, but really wants to find out why I am low and also to control estrogen levels, as well. It sounds good - I think it try it out.....let's just hope the boys grow back in time for that ultrasound......that's nice!
    testicular ultrasounds are fun. they usually have some young 19 year old girl who just got her sonography degree rub gell all over your sack, and then mess around with your balls. Sometimes they even put a bag of warm water on your nuts for a few minutes to losen up your sack.

Pneumatic is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stackertoo
    Most docs could fvck up a wet dream with the way they approach HRT. Most who use it run into this problem. Stay with the shots if you can, but if you find that gel works better for you, or is more convenient, then change. Don't let your doc push you around. He can be replaced.

^ NEVER before have I heard it put better. 100% agree!!!

Ufa
    Ufa is offline Anabolic Member
    Keep on keeping on.
    Last edited by Ufa; 04-03-2006 at 12:09 AM.

My son is large for his age (3yrs) and his ped. was worried about early puberty so we went to see an endo. When I asked the endo why he prescribed enanthate and not decanoate he got a WTF look on his face and stuttered out "Cuz thats what they taught us to do in endo school" < I thought what a dumbass!

My advice is the same as what I've said about crossin the border for bunk junk. H O M E B R E W. A kit, some powder and some syringes costs less than $100 for a freakin YEARS' supply of juice that will be stronger/better than any mass produced drug. Why anyone would risk getting busted over 9 times out of 10 underdosed/unsterile junk is beyond me.

None Of The Above...

Quote Originally Posted by Ufa
    Not trying to falme you. Is your reason for test sex drive, or muscle growth?

Neither. The reason I was prescribed test because I was in the low range. I wanted to get my life back on track. Because I suffered from extreme fatigue, I gained alot of weight and became unhealthy. I wanted to do something about it because while working out and eating property, I would still continue to gain weight - not necessarily muscle either....my metabolism and hormone levels suck. I have to eat like a bird to lose weight - which I can, but I cannot maintain and I gain the weight back. I don't want to develop sleep apnea (both parents) or diabetes(dad), Anyway, I felt that I was medically necessary if the doctor recommend it. I basically I did it for my overall health.

Quote Originally Posted by AnabolicBoy1981
    testicular ultrasounds are fun. they usually have some young 19 year old girl who just got her sonography degree rub gell all over your sack, and then mess around with your balls. Sometimes they even put a bag of warm water on your nuts for a few minutes to losen up your sack.
    I've actually had 2 done before....you just have to concentrate so you don't get too excited.

Ufa
    Ufa is offline Anabolic Member
    Sounds like a good plan.
    Last edited by Ufa; 04-03-2006 at 12:09 AM.

I've actually had 2 done before....you just have to concentrate so you don't get too excited.

yeah it is fun
    especially when you have torsion and your one nut is the size of a lemon. Yeah its so much fun, I mean they put the gel on you the sometimes their isn't a female around and you get a a male. Who your hoping to hell that he's not spending just way too much time rubbing your sack

I mean after all you really don't know how long its supposte to take

BTW I can recall how fun it was when I had testicle torsion the first time. I had 4 ladies of various ages in the room with me doing the ultrasound. I found it to be the most uncomfortable thing ever. I was drugged so I couldn't care less but I was so much in pain I kept trying not to talk and they were trying to comfort me and tell me I'm going to be okay.
    god that experince sucked.

Thread Information