Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Prostate

Mobligator is offline Associate Member

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Kale
    Thanks Mate, appreciate the guest book entry, that was really nice of you. I still gets lots of hits to the site. It is my memorial to her

The Estrogen is definitly under control I tale a-dex everyday and my test showed it in the low to normal range. I am definitly going to get the Test level down. I am going to shoot 60mg Test E every wednesday from now on so that should tale me into the range pretty much. I will stay there for a year or so now and continue the HGH. That stuff is amazing, I measured my bf yesterday and I am down to 12% from 16% when I started just 8 weeks ago.
    I've never used any HGH but I know of many bodybuilders and weightlifters who have and they made tremendous gains using it. Most of them stacked it with other Anabolics to get a double whammy. Not long ago I was offered a vial of Nutropin AQ in exchange for some T.cyp (Nutropin AQ comes already mixed) After reading the flyer that comes with the GH I gave it back to my friend and told him I couldn't take the risk of using it. The reason why I didn't use it, the enclosed flyer said it should not be used by anyone with suspected prostate or breast cancer. Then I did some research on it and below is just one article of many that can be found in google.

Human Growth Hormone (HGH) medications increase risks of colon, prostate and breast cancers.

Genetically Engineered Anti-Aging Medication (HGH) Poses Undisclosed Cancer Risks, Warns Samuel S. Epstein, M.D.

http://www.preventcancer.com/avoidab.../hgh_risks.htm

"Seems like everything we like is either bad for you or fattening".

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    Well guys the news just got a whole lot worse. I had another PSA test done yesterday which is only a month after the last one and the PSA has gone from 5 to 8 !!!! My Test levels are down to 929 and my Estragen is as low as 12. So I guess I am pretty much fvcked now. The Dr is going to organise a biopsy this week some time. Its 6.00 am here and I am shitting myself !!!

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    fvck man...i saw the email..thought that thread was dead....bro...you've been on top of your shiat...either way, you're gonna knock this shiat out...right here for you bro

Thanks mate. I am shitting myself right now. Not sure what to do or if even to do anything. I watched my daughter die from cancer and it is not a good way to go.

I can feel ya man...your angel is with you too bro....you've been monitoring everything closely that's why you caught this shiat quick and that's why you'll be able to fix it quick as well....lot of ppl in your corner bro

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    Bro, How does your Doc feel about running another PSA this week before you do the biopsy? You know, just to confirm that result. Remember not all pathologists are created equal. Give yourself a few days of (No Lifting, No Alcohol, No Caffiene, No Testosterone and No Sex of any kind) then re-take the PSA. That should provide a more accurate result.

Worth a try bro.....Keep us posted

MJ

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Joe
    Bro, How does your Doc feel about running another PSA this week before you do the biopsy? You know, just to confirm that result. Remember not all pathologists are created equal. Give yourself a few days of (No Lifting, No Alcohol, No Caffiene, No Testosterone and No Sex of any kind) then re-take the PSA. That should provide a more accurate result.

Worth a try bro.....Keep us posted

MJ
    Hey MJ

I will get another test, the only thing I did yesterday when it was taken was have a cup of coffee about 4 hours before thes test. I refrained from sex for a few days and last time I lifted was last Thursday. To jump from 5 to 8 in a month something has to be seriously wrong. My fatherinlaw was diagnosed with Prostate Cancer and his PSA was 8 as well. I am stopping all Test and HGH as of today. I may try and do a PCT but I am not sure my natty test will restart now. At 51, 8 is a really bad number

cmax is offline Associate Member
    Kale do you have any other prostate related symptoms such as difficulty urinating or having to wake up multiple times at night to go to the bathroom?

This is scary stuff. My PSA was 1.3 but my estrogen was 9 even without taking anything.

Do you think that HRT is responsible for these PSA results?
    Last edited by cmax; 10-02-2006 at 08:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cmax
    Kale do you have any other prostate related symptoms such as difficulty urinating or having to wake up multiple times at night to go to the bathroom?

This is scary stuff. My PSA was 1.3 but my estrogen was 9 even without taking anything.

Do you think that HRT is responsible for these PSA results?
    Mate that PSA level is so low its irrelevent so dont worry. Estrogen is excellent as well. If I had those number I would be one happy dude.

I have no idea as to whether HRT caused it or not but it is a possiblity, there are many studies both for and against Testosterone causing Prostate Cancer. I am also doing HGH so that is a possiblity as well, although again the research I have done shows studies both for and against, so who the hell knows, the Dr's sure dont.

I have BPH (Benighn Prostate Hyperplasia) which means basically an enlarged Prostate. I have had trouble in the past urinating and wakeing up mutiple times but that was fixed with drugs. I doubt this is an infection I have as there is no pain whatsoever.

You talked about family members having prostate cancer like a step father and a father-in-law, but what about your biological father, uncles, or grandfather did they have prostate problems?

I believe that some people are more predisposed to prostate problems due to their hereditary.

Good Luck Kale, there are some excellent doctors in Singapore. Mount Elizabeth hospital is a great facility.

You talked about family members having prostate cancer like a step father and a father-in-law, but what about your biological father, uncles, or grandfather did they have prostate problems?

I believe that some people are more predisposed to prostate problems due to their hereditary.

Good Luck Kale, there are some excellent doctors in Singapore. Mount Elizabeth hospital is a great facility.
    Absoluetly nothin in my family at all. My father is 80 and never been sick a day in his life. I was in Mount Elizabeth having my tonsils out three weeks ago. Trouble is health care here is hugely expensive. I think if this turns out to be bad I will probably return to Oz

Kale are you a Singaporean? I heard that the government picks up much of the medical bills for their citizens, but when I lived there it was expensive for ex-patriots that did not have insurance.

Kale are you a Singaporean? I heard that the government picks up much of the medical bills for their citizens, but when I lived there it was expensive for ex-patriots that did not have insurance.
    Yes I live in Singapore. The government does do a bit but no where near enough. I have Health Insurance as well, but I just had an operation on my throat whuch cost $10,000 I am not sure I have any more coverage this year

Kale,

Good morning bro! My guess is its pretty early out your way!

Do you still have access to Mobligator? Is he still on the brd? He seemed to be loaded with helpful info.

Keep us posted on the next PSA results.

Mj

yeh..mobligator has been posting recently....used to be mostly on weekends...he knows alot about the prostate...he had cancer and beat it

Kale,

Good morning bro! My guess is its pretty early out your way!

Do you still have access to Mobligator? Is he still on the brd? He seemed to be loaded with helpful info.

Keep us posted on the next PSA results.

Mj
    MJ I was hopeing he would be around, he probably isnt active all the time. I had another PSA test done yesterday and had it sent to a different lab as per your advice, should get the results today The Dr cant believe its cancer as it has jumped so high so quickly, but they dont know shit at the end of the day. The biopsy is scheduled for tomorrow at 11.30am Singapore time.

***xxx*** is offline Anabolic Member
    MJ I was hopeing he would be around, he probably isnt active all the time. I had another PSA test done yesterday and had it sent to a different lab as per your advice, should get the results today The Dr cant believe its cancer as it has jumped so high so quickly, but they dont know shit at the end of the day. The biopsy is scheduled for tomorrow at 11.30am Singapore time.

my thoughts are with you kale!

did you tell your doc that you were cycling?

Quote Originally Posted by ***xxx***
    my thoughts are with you kale!

did you tell your doc that you were cycling?
    Absolutely the Eurologist and the Dr both know. I havnt spoken to the urologist yet but the Dr doesnt think its cancer because of the Test I take

I'm glad your sent the PSA off to a different lab bro!
    Let us know the score when you get it.

We're all in your corner!!!

MJ

I'm glad your sent the PSA off to a different lab bro!
    Let us know the score when you get it.

We're all in your corner!!!

MJ
    I got the test back last night. Unfortunately its pretty much identical. I go to the Urologist in three hours for the biopsy. The wait a few days for the results.

I got the test back last night. Unfortunately its pretty much identical. I go to the Urologist in three hours for the biopsy. The wait a few days for the results.

You did the right thing regarding the second PSA Kale, even though we didn't get the result we were looking for! Keep us posted regarding the biopsy. We are always here for you!

MJ

pedro01 is offline Junior Member
    Like I said yesterday - good luck with the results. You seem to have a lot of shit on your plate at the moment.

I just read your website for Jazzy - I am completely choked sitting here at work now.

Seems like you are due a few lucky breaks.

Call me if you need anything.

Pedro

clomid222 is offline Junior Member
    Kale, this is off topic, but I was wondering if the scene over at Orchard Towers really lives up to the hype. Does it?

Quote Originally Posted by clomid222
    Kale, this is off topic, but I was wondering if the scene over at Orchard Towers really lives up to the hype. Does it?
    Mate you are hilarious. I could be dieing here are you are asking me about Orchard Towers !! But its OK I see the funny side of this And yes it really does live up to its hype. Its not called the Four Floors of Whores for nothing dude.

Quote Originally Posted by pedro01
    Like I said yesterday - good luck with the results. You seem to have a lot of shit on your plate at the moment.

I just read your website for Jazzy - I am completely choked sitting here at work now.

Seems like you are due a few lucky breaks.

Call me if you need anything.

Pedro
    Mate good to see you back. Say hello to Missy for me. Nice Avi btw I just got back from the Dr. Man these guys could not organise a pissup in a brewery. They told me they would biopsy today. I get there and he says no. We do another blood test for FREE PSA and that is a huge indicator of cancer or not and if the number is high (yes high) then the chances of caner is extremly low and you wont need a biopsy at all. I will get that result tomorrow. Also apparently you need to be on antibiotics for five days before they do the biopsy for some reason so even if these tests do indicate cancer I wont even get the biopsy until the end of next week. I then asked him about options and costs. Fvck me, if I have this its an expensive cure. Thirty grand to have the little fvcker removed. I may not be able to afford to live !!!

paulzane is offline Productive Member
    Sorry to read about your problems Kale ...... best of luck with the future. Life sometimes doesn't seem fair and you have had more than your fair share of shite. I have been to Jazzy's site this afternoon as well, and also read what that tosser had sent to you. The site was beautiful ..... a lovely tribute to her, your wife and kids as well. You brought tears to my eyes the other day .... this time you made me cry!!!

If I prayed then my prayers would be with you .... but unfortunately I can only offer you the best of luck!

Paul

cj1capp is offline Anabolic Member
    Mate good to see you back. Say hello to Missy for me. Nice Avi btw I just got back from the Dr. Man these guys could not organise a pissup in a brewery. They told me they would biopsy today. I get there and he says no. We do another blood test for FREE PSA and that is a huge indicator of cancer or not and if the number is high (yes high) then the chances of caner is extremly low and you wont need a biopsy at all. I will get that result tomorrow. Also apparently you need to be on antibiotics for five days before they do the biopsy for some reason so even if these tests do indicate cancer I wont even get the biopsy until the end of next week. I then asked him about options and costs. Fvck me, if I have this its an expensive cure. Thirty grand to have the little fvcker removed. I may not be able to afford to live !!!
    DAME I DONT KNOW WHAT TO SAY. MAYBE WE CAN GET A SAVE A KALE FUND GOING. THIS BOARD HAS A LOT OF MEMBERS WE EACH A FEW BUCK TO MAKE WHAT THE DIFFERENCE. I WOULD CHIP IN.

Quote Originally Posted by cj1capp
    DAME I DONT KNOW WHAT TO SAY. MAYBE WE CAN GET A SAVE A KALE FUND GOING. THIS BOARD HAS A LOT OF MEMBERS WE EACH A FEW BUCK TO MAKE WHAT THE DIFFERENCE. I WOULD CHIP IN.
    Dont even think about it !!!. I didnt mention it for that bro but thanks anyway.

Kale Im Serious, You Have Helped Me Out Before And I Did Not Think You Were Asking For Help, I Am Hoping We Will Be Offering It. Any Chance You Can Come To California I Know Dr. Peter Carol ,google Him I Work With Him Make Sure You Have A Dame Fine Sugeron. Peter Carroll, MD
    Professor and Chair of Urology
    HERE IT IS
    http://urology.ucsf.edu/
    Last edited by cj1capp; 10-05-2006 at 09:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cj1capp
    Kale Im Serious, You Have Helped Me Out Before And I Did Not Think You Were Asking For Help, I Am Hoping We Will Be Offering It. Any Chance You Can Come To California I Know Dr. Peter Carol ,google Him I Work With Him Make Sure You Have A Dame Fine Sugeron.

HERE IT IS
    http://urology.ucsf.edu/
    Nows thats a possiblity !!! Thanks a lot my friend. Hopefully it wont come to that though, but I will know more tomorrow and for sure by the end of next week.

Nows thats a possiblity !!! Thanks a lot my friend. Hopefully it wont come to that though, but I will know more tomorrow and for sure by the end of next week.
    IM KEEPING GOOD THOUGHTS FOR YOU MY FRIEND.

Mate you are hilarious. I could be dieing here are you are asking me about Orchard Towers !! But its OK I see the funny side of this And yes it really does live up to its hype. Its not called the Four Floors of Whores for nothing dude.

Damn Kale! Bro, you handled that question like the true classy bro you a ARE!
    I might've come unglued.......

Take care, MJ

Kale, I am glad that you got a laugh out of that one.

I totally don't think that you are dying or have prostate cancer. PSA levels alone do not give doctors enough information to distinguish between benign prostate conditions and cancer. However, the doctor will take the result of the PSA test into account when deciding whether to check further for signs of prostate cancer.

I wish that all of us could just get our damn prostates removed. That would make things much easier. Who in the hell needs their prostate anyways?

I hope and would be willing to bet that it is nothing. I hear that you can lower your PSA levels by consuming large amounts of anchor beer and chilli crabs. It's worth a try!

STYLE74 is offline Got Style?
    Our prayers are with you kale and i hope everything comes back negative, i feel you will be fine. If you need anything don't hesitate to ask. Style74

OK just got back, the news is still not great. My free PSA is 11.9% the range is from 0-10% pretty conclusive for malignancey, 10-25% Inconclusive, 25%+ no tumor. So I am pretty close to being sure that there is something there. The Dr recommends biopsy. I have decided I am going back to Oz in a month and a half and I am going to have the whole thing redone there and the biopsy as well if necessary. They just cant explain the big jump and I am not confident in the Urologist. If I have cancer, six weeks wont make much difference as they arnt fast growing anyway. I am happy with that decision and I am resigned to the fact that whatever will be will be, and there isnt a whole lot I can do about it. I am comming off HGH, I stopped on Monday anyway but I am staying on 50mg Test E a week until the biospy if I need one. Where is Mobligator when I need him !!!

Wow that sounds serious. During your last test you had a PSA of 8 and now it's 11.9??? I hope that this 11.9 is on a different scale. I have heard that anything about 4.0 is bad.

Where or what is Oz? They have good doctors in Singapore, but you might want to consider going to the United States to a urology specialty center to see what they recommend.

It seems like a biopsy may be the only way to go here.

Other than these test results, how do you feel healthwise?

Quote Originally Posted by clomid222
    Wow that sounds serious. During your last test you had a PSA of 8 and now it's 11.9??? I hope that this 11.9 is on a different scale. I have heard that anything about 4.0 is bad.

Where or what is Oz? They have good doctors in Singapore, but you might want to consider going to the United States to a urology specialty center to see what they recommend.

It seems like a biopsy may be the only way to go here.

Other than these test results, how do you feel healthwise?
    No, the 8 was Total PSA, the 11.9 is FREE PSA, they are totally different tests. Oz is Australia ! Healthwise, I would not know anything was wrong if I hadnt had the test done I will be sailing hapilly along. I have thought about the US but its hella expensive there.

Kale, if you're not getting a good vibe from the Doc in Singapore than by all means back to Oz!

Let me see if I understand: If free PSA is above 25% than all is well? But at 11.9 yours is inconclusive....correct? So, in a free PSA test the higher the number the better? Geesch, this is getting confusing!

I wish Mobligator would show up too. He has the most experience with all of this and would be so valuable to you now!

Kale,

Ya know I do remember Mobligator talking about specialists in Atlanta, Ga. That is where he went. Here is that website i just found it: www.rcog.com

kale i am looking into the possibility of getting you into a clinical trial at ucsf what about other universities doing clinical research http://urology.ucsf.edu/clinicalTria...ials_Jan05.pdf http://urology.ucsf.edu/patientguide...arch=%22psa%22

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information