Thread: Hcg

DallasLift is offline Junior Member

Hcg

I just met with my Dr. regarding starting HRT. I'm going for blood test tomorrow but know my total T is 424. He said the following would be the most likely treatment but said we would review in detail during my next office visit.

Start w/ HCG treatment - He wants to see if my body can produce more T w/ HCG help. Since I'm 40 years old he didn't not to start TRT since my natural T production could get shut down.

Androgel - Said this would be my next step if HCG didn't increase my Test.

Injections - Said we would move to injections if creams where ineffective.

If I start with HCG, what type of physical benefits should I expect? Will HCG help with muscle growth and fat loss?

ottomaddox is offline "Better Safe Than Sorry"
    Look like he's trying to give you a jump start in the Testes area. I don't think you'll see a drastic improvement in muscle growth and fat loss from the Hcg . 40 is not too young to be on TRT. 424 is not that bad, I started at 87ng/dl. Only time will tell and further bloodwork how the Hcg will work for you, goodluck.

Would I get better gains with Androgel ?

ottomaddox is offline "Better Safe Than Sorry"
    Yes. But injections are easier. I'm speaking from using Androderm for 2 years. Topical is messy and gross, it can irritate your skin and it's itchy too. The smell is bad also. Ater 2 years of Androderm, I was fed up with topicals. I was persistent with my doc about injections and he finally caved in, his nurse gave me a five minute lesson and I was out the door. A few blood tests and I'm on my own, I only have to go for yearly tests now.

Quote Originally Posted by DallasLift View Post
    Would I get better gains with Androgel?
    Last edited by ottomaddox; 11-03-2008 at 03:16 PM.

natureboy is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DallasLift View Post
    I just met with my Dr. regarding starting HRT. I'm going for blood test tomorrow but know my total T is 424. He said the following would be the most likely treatment but said we would review in detail during my next office visit.

Start w/ HCG treatment - He wants to see if my body can produce more T w/ HCG help. Since I'm 40 years old he didn't not to start TRT since my natural T production could get shut down.

Androgel - Said this would be my next step if HCG didn't increase my Test.

Injections - Said we would move to injections if creams where ineffective.

If I start with HCG, what type of physical benefits should I expect? Will HCG help with muscle growth and fat loss?
    Just wondering, why are you seeking hrt? What was the initial reason you thought you may need hrt? I see you have a total test level of 424. That is pretty good, considering most guys on this forum fall well below the normal level. I clocked in with a 56 on my bloodwork, and still had to jump through hoops to get treatment.
    I see you are interested in fat loss and muscle growth. Those are good reasons to use test. But do you really think you need to go on it for the rest of your life?

I originally went to the Dr. complaining of lack of libido and fatigue. The Dr. mentioned low test could be causing my problems. I started reading about low test and HRT after my visit. Now I’m consumed with the idea of using HRT to reverse my symptoms but also excited about legally getting to use something that will help we grow and lose fat. I might be better off not start HRT but trying an AAS cycle. The whole for life issue has me worried

THORSZ is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    I would go with HCG and see if you can get your body producing. Your levels are not too bad. Androgel does help. It brought my levels up to the lower end of the acceptable range. I switched to injections after a couple months and my levels went to the upper 1/3 range.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    please keep us posted which ever route you go....there aren't a lot of threads where guys take hcg alone for hrt

SWOLLL is offline Associate Member
    I doubt you will see much benenfit from the hcg alone...I think it works better for a guy who may have shut himself down from lousy pct but I really doubt its gonna do much for a forty year old guy whose natural test production is slowing down.

I'm not a Dr and thats just my opinion. Let us know how it goes.

Thread Information