Results 1 to 22 of 22
  1. #1
    TheKing. is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    80

    Exclamation Should I start TRT???

    I am 26 years old. I haven't exercised in about 2 years (not seriously at least).
    I have a good libido, have no problem getting erect, have ok energy levels. I quit smoking about 3 weeks ago.

    I went to the doctor to get my hormones tested because I am putting on fat in strange areas like my ass and chest. My Testosterone level is at 168. However, the day I took it I didn't get a whole lot of sleep the night before and 4 hours prior to the blood test did a 1 hour spin class. Had not been eating very well for 2 weeks or so prior to that test.

    My question is, can the conditions I described have had a direct effect on my test levels? Also, do you guys think I should start TRT or to try and naturally raise my test levels?

    I am worried because low testosterone has a direct relationship with men dying early.. I just want to live man.

  2. #2
    Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    12,286
    Obvious questions is what did the Dr say ?

  3. #3
    TheKing. is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    80
    nothing yet, appointment with her is 2morrow. Want to have my head on straight when i am in there talking with her. Hopefully she gives me referral to endo. I don't see how she could deny me.

  4. #4
    Pac Man's Avatar
    Pac Man is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Kahnawake, Quebec
    Posts
    1,777
    How overweight are you? Being too overweight could affect your test levels.

  5. #5
    TheKing. is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    80
    I'm not extremely overweight. Probably 15-16%. I am 5-9' 169. 2 years ago I was around 11%. My fat is in very strange areas like ass and chest and hips..

  6. #6
    Pac Man's Avatar
    Pac Man is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Kahnawake, Quebec
    Posts
    1,777
    fix your diet a bit, get some good sleep and try again in a few weeks. I say if you're still low try HCG or something, if all else fails go TRT

  7. #7
    TheKing. is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironside View Post
    fix your diet a bit, get some good sleep and try again in a few weeks. I say if you're still low try HCG or something, if all else fails go TRT

    I've been trying to fix my diet as of late. So far today I have had

    2 scoop PB on wheat bread
    2 bagels with cream cheese
    1 bowl cereal w milk
    1 turkey/ham with cheese and mayo on wheat
    a hand full of strawberries

    Rest of day
    Chicken soup
    2 pb on wheat sandwiches
    white rice + 2 skewer ground beef kabob
    Protein shake
    2 tablespoon PB before bed

    Will a diet like this be helpful in increasing testosterone ?
    I read that a lot of fat in nuts and such and meat are very good for
    testosterone.

    I will start lifting heavy weights tomorrow. Going to stick with low reps(like 4-5). MWF Lift T-TH-S-SU CARDIO.

  8. #8
    Pac Man's Avatar
    Pac Man is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Kahnawake, Quebec
    Posts
    1,777
    Should be fine, I think test is only really affected when your diet either completely sucks or is deficient.

  9. #9
    lovbyts's Avatar
    lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    29,261
    Quote Originally Posted by TheKing. View Post
    I've been trying to fix my diet as of late. So far today I have had

    2 scoop PB on wheat bread
    2 bagels with cream cheese
    1 bowl cereal w milk
    1 turkey/ham with cheese and mayo on wheat
    a hand full of strawberries

    Rest of day
    Chicken soup
    2 pb on wheat sandwiches
    white rice + 2 skewer ground beef kabob
    Protein shake
    2 tablespoon PB before bed

    Will a diet like this be helpful in increasing testosterone ?
    I read that a lot of fat in nuts and such and meat are very good for
    testosterone.

    I will start lifting heavy weights tomorrow. Going to stick with low reps(like 4-5). MWF Lift T-TH-S-SU CARDIO.
    I take you are are only looking to gain size and strength, not to tone or loose weight.
    What is your experience with lifting? Especially for someone starting out I dont think this is a good idea. Since you are concerned about fat then why not do high reps, less weight. You also have a LOT less chance of hurting yourself.

  10. #10
    TheKing. is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    I take you are are only looking to gain size and strength, not to tone or loose weight.
    What is your experience with lifting? Especially for someone starting out I dont think this is a good idea. Since you are concerned about fat then why not do high reps, less weight. You also have a LOT less chance of hurting yourself.
    What do you suggest? I want to make sure I get as much testosterone as I can flowing through my body naturally.

  11. #11
    lovbyts's Avatar
    lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    29,261
    Quote Originally Posted by TheKing. View Post
    What do you suggest? I want to make sure I get as much testosterone as I can flowing through my body naturally.
    Why? It's not about getting as much as possible but about the right amount. No matter how much you take if your diet is not EXCELLENT and your workout routine is really good no amount in the world will do you any good. People are not just saying that, it's 100% true.

    What are you real goal? Do you just want to loose weight? Do you want to loose fat and add muscle? What kind of muscle, Bulk up in size, strength like a heavy weight, lean muscle mass like a athlete, swimmer, body builder or???? They all have a different routine. Be specific on your goals but really 99% is your diet.
    I love the saying and it's true, six packs are made in the kitchen, not the gym.

  12. #12
    TheKing. is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    Why? It's not about getting as much as possible but about the right amount. No matter how much you take if your diet is not EXCELLENT and your workout routine is really good no amount in the world will do you any good. People are not just saying that, it's 100% true.

    What are you real goal? Do you just want to loose weight? Do you want to loose fat and add muscle? What kind of muscle, Bulk up in size, strength like a heavy weight, lean muscle mass like a athlete, swimmer, body builder or???? They all have a different routine. Be specific on your goals but really 99% is your diet.
    I love the saying and it's true, six packs are made in the kitchen, not the gym.
    Honestly man, I just want to be healthy. Read this.

    http://men.webmd.com/news/20071127/l...ne-early-death


    I don't care if I have a 6 pack or not, I just want to live as long as I can.

  13. #13
    TheKing. is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    80
    Just got back from doc and he was really cool. He said that all my hormones are great just my test is low. We are going to start test cypionate weekly shot. What should i expect??

  14. #14
    lovbyts's Avatar
    lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    29,261
    Expect your sex drive to go up in a few weeks and you will feel a little more energetic/normal. Other than that you will feel nothing unless you change your diet and get int the gym. Anything other than that is up to your routines.

    Please read the 100s of other post from people asking the same question and you will see all the same answers.

  15. #15
    TheKing. is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    80
    Ok. I will work on my diet then. I guess I should start doing some research.

  16. #16
    zaggahamma's Avatar
    zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    19,468
    congrats on joining the trt club....i would expect you would lower that
    bf % a bit with the test alone and as lovbyts noted even more so with your diet getting better...i like how u stated why you're adding the hormones...to live longer...
    another note...u should have had your estradiol checked b4 and monitored as you dont want this hormone to counter the positives of correcting your test level which happens a lot with some ppl...tell the doc to add that to your next bloodwork....keep us posted with your doseage and your progress and good luck hope you're down to 11% soon again..a lil better if wanted...11% is my goal as well and i'm just a lil under yours now and have been for about a year for same reason...happy hour/non-strict diet...
    b lookin 4 your posts

  17. #17
    TheKing. is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    80
    Thanks for the support JPK. I am pretty excited and hope I will feel better after I start.
    Definitely the happy hour (what I like to call the "social diet") has been a negative for me. Actually, mine was probably even worse and I ate a lot of fast food over the last couple of years because I am still a student. I think my lifestyle has taken its toll on my body. Anyhow, I am ready to make the change and commitment.

    I am waiting no my approval from my insurance which should be finished by next week, then we take the first shot.

    A couple of questions though.

    1.) Where should I take the shot for best effect? Should I take it in the same spot every week?

    2.) If my test levels are around the 170 area right now, how much test cypionate will it take per week to get me up to the 600 area? That is where my Doc wants me to be.

    3.) I have a full head of hair, will boosting my test into normal range increase my hair loss? I have heard that low test and high estro increases DHT, I hope this is true.

    4.) In regards to anti-estrogens, my doc told me we will address things as we move forward. This should be alright right?

    5.) Will I see an increase in body hair or facial hair with my test in normal range?

    Thanks guys.

  18. #18
    zaggahamma's Avatar
    zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    19,468
    i'll answer what i know or have experienced....no hair loss...yes gained some back hair...shave a lil more often....ball shrinkage (cuz i havent been able to get hcg , yet)...and yes your doc sounds like he's got your back with the AI situation...dont let him forget though....you are in charge of your health and he's a partner...around 100mg ew is prolly gonna keep you around 600-800 and agree with your doc is a nice level
    my opinion with the diet is to gradually improve it rather than drasitically...this is what i did now i snack on fruit all week and basically 1 meal a day is whatever i want and only sometimes would be frowned on by a bodybuilder...i have only done glute shots in the 2 1/2 years of injecting...think i answered most of your ?'s maybe not in order and like i said dont know much about the dht/hair loss....that wouldnt make me happy either if i were balding from this
    take care

  19. #19
    TheKing. is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    80
    Thats great. You know, I have been wondering how many males out there are suffering from this "whatever it is?" and have no idea.. If I would not have told my doctor to test me, I don't think she would have ever brought it up. Also, I wonder when the last time was my test levels were in the high normal range or if they ever even were..

    I am really excited right now. My lifestyle is totally clean, no drugs, alcohol, or smoking. If I can get this diet thing right, with the help of this testosterone , I might be able to gain some good strength and masculinity.

    Thanks again for the input JPK.

  20. #20
    zaggahamma's Avatar
    zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    19,468
    Quote Originally Posted by TheKing. View Post
    Thats great. You know, I have been wondering how many males out there are suffering from this "whatever it is?" and have no idea.. If I would not have told my doctor to test me, I don't think she would have ever brought it up. Also, I wonder when the last time was my test levels were in the high normal range or if they ever even were..

    I am really excited right now. My lifestyle is totally clean, no drugs, alcohol, or smoking. If I can get this diet thing right, with the help of this testosterone , I might be able to gain some good strength and masculinity.

    Thanks again for the input JPK.
    king...you're right on...and you will only appreciate it more an more each day and i expect one day for TRT to become mainstream

  21. #21
    TheKing. is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    80
    Thanks

  22. #22
    BIG_TRUCK is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    657
    Your test levels are very low.

    Exercise should raise them prior to the test not lower them. You need trt, you will feel 10x better.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •