musclewish1065 is offline New Member

Question Testosterone Therapy

Hi there, i'm 18 (about to turn 19) and i had a VERY low testosterone level (around 50) and my doctor said that 300's is normal? Anyway she is going to SLOWLY start me on testosterone (enanthate ) so last week i started 1/2 ml (which i know is NOTHING compared to what bodybuilders take) once a week, and as time progresses she'll up the dose. Anyway I know having testosterone will slowly make me gain weight, will it help me lose fat around the stomach too? And another thing that concerns me is if i want to build muscle by working out i have to eat more, but i want to cut back to lose a little bit more weight/fat..... so which way should i go with that? Anyway please assess my situation and give me any help you can... please? Thanks guys!

SilverTest is offline Senior Member
    Testosterone will make you loose fat yes it will in my opinion , to gain weight you have to eat more calories along with a good weight training regiment , to cut weight
    you should diet and cardio . And of course there is always chemical enhancement to give you that edge (i.e steroids ).

If you are too fat , cut weight first then bulk up . If you are skinny , you can start bulking up immediatly .

hope this helps man.

NEMESIS RR is offline Associate Member
    Your levels are going to have to go a lot higher than 300 on most scales to feel good. Start reading and researching hard kid. It is your health. And 1/2 ml is not going to be enough.

jnewton86 is offline Member
    thats pretty low man. did she check for other hormonal imbalances??

natureboy is offline Member
    You should have you pituitary checked! She shouldn't just give you test, without testing some other things. Your doc probably doesn't know, she should give you a refferal to an endo where you may be able to get some real help.

THORSZ is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    .5 ml once a week is 100mgs, right? that is a standard dose for hrt. if your level is 50, then you should see a drop in bf and a rise in muscle just by getting your levels normalized.
    like nature said, get everything else checked first. you don't want to just jump into a lifetime of hrt if you don't have to.

Philly Grappler is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by musclewish1065 View Post
    Hi there, i'm 18 (about to turn 19) and i had a VERY low testosterone level (around 50) and my doctor said that 300's is normal? Anyway she is going to SLOWLY start me on testosterone (enanthate) so last week i started 1/2 ml (which i know is NOTHING compared to what bodybuilders take) once a week, and as time progresses she'll up the dose. Anyway I know having testosterone will slowly make me gain weight, will it help me lose fat around the stomach too? And another thing that concerns me is if i want to build muscle by working out i have to eat more, but i want to cut back to lose a little bit more weight/fat..... so which way should i go with that? Anyway please assess my situation and give me any help you can... please? Thanks guys!
    300's is low, especially for an 18 year old. I'm 32 and was told the 300's are low for somebody my age. Make sure you go to an endo who runs full blood work to check everything to see if you have an imbalance somewhere. Your current doc is not very knowledgeable from what I interpreted.

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by musclewish1065 View Post
    Hi there, i'm 18 (about to turn 19) and i had a VERY low testosterone level (around 50) and my doctor said that 300's is normal? Anyway she is going to SLOWLY start me on testosterone (enanthate) so last week i started 1/2 ml (which i know is NOTHING compared to what bodybuilders take) once a week, and as time progresses she'll up the dose. Anyway I know having testosterone will slowly make me gain weight, will it help me lose fat around the stomach too? And another thing that concerns me is if i want to build muscle by working out i have to eat more, but i want to cut back to lose a little bit more weight/fat..... so which way should i go with that? Anyway please assess my situation and give me any help you can... please? Thanks guys!
    If you are fat... DONT eat more... maybe throw in a protein shake or such... but dont increase diet... you can do a lot of growing and fat loosing with the calaries you already have available in reserve.

Testosterone enanthate ??? At 18??? I would think maybe they should try HCG and see if you just need a natural temporary boost to your natural system. They should also check and see if you have excess estrogen going on as a cause of the low testosterone . Fat cells convert testosterone in your body to estrogen and if you have more fat, it could be self perpetuating your problem, meaning an antiestrogen agent like Arimidex alone might get your natural testosterone into improving condition. Putting you on enanthate doesnt help you develop out your testes and I dont know about you, but any type of TRT sometimes at first results in decreases in sperm production for many of us (you only cum a few drops instead of giving your babe a gulping mouth full).

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    Have a read of this Testosterone - A Basic Guide It will give you a basic understanding of Testosterone .

Thread Information