bombguy is offline Associate Member

Finally got a doc in Cali...

Good news!! I saw my new endo this past Monday and she is fine with me continuing my injections. I was getting pretty freaked out that a new doc would wonder why a 33 yo guy would need TRT, but she just said "we'll keep you on it."

Quick question though...

I was taking 100mg/wk and about 2 months ago I started running low because I hadn't gotten a new doc yet....soooooo, I started cutting my injections back to around 75mg/1.5wks. I took my new blood test yesterday after a week and a half since my last shot....do you guys think I will come in high or low on free test?

I'm praying for low obviously, so she'll bump my dosage up.

Let me know what ya'll think!

spitboy2000 is offline New Member
    hey PM me who'd u get you like her?

THORSZ is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Do you know where your levels were at when you were doing 100 EW?

Quote Originally Posted by spitboy2000 View Post
    hey PM me who'd u get you like her?
    She seems knowledgeable, bu weary of me abusing my dosages. I'm gonna have to feel her out before I start recommending her...sorry bro!

Quote Originally Posted by THORSZ View Post
    Do you know where your levels were at when you were doing 100 EW?
    Before TRT I was around 150-250. My last bloodtest after being on 100mg/wk was around 1100...my previous doc was fine with the levels being that high. this doc wants me to get around 600...I'm not so sure about that!!

Well an update. My doc sucks. She prescribed .75mg/wk. and is requiring me to use one 10ml vial over the next 26 weeks....yes, she actually did the math to figure out how many dosages are theoretically in one bottle. There is no way I will be able to stretch 26 weeks of shots out of one bottle!!

On top of that, my blood test came back at 585 free test...ridiculously low considering back in March I was around 1100!!! I'm actually considering trying to find another doctor, unless someone else has suggestions.

Anyone in SoCal. let me know if you know of any other doc's you've had experience with.

THORSZ is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    That sucks! I am suprised your levels are that high with taking less and going without a week and a half when you tested.
    You might look for a doc here http://www.lef.org/doctors/directoryofdoctors01.htm

SWOLLL is offline Associate Member
    Good luck finding a good doc, thats what I've been going through myself lately...Doesn't seem to be many docs that know shit about trt anywhere close to me. Hope it works out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by THORSZ View Post
    That sucks! I am suprised your levels are that high with taking less and going without a week and a half when you tested.
    You might look for a doc here http://www.lef.org/doctors/directoryofdoctors01.htm
    A lot of those docs don't take insurance. I'll have to scrub the list and see what else I can find.

I'm actually hoping that the levels drop down a bit more by my next test and the doc has o raise them again...I still can't believe she is being as anal as she is in regards to the dosages. i mean really....26 weeks for one bottle!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SWOLLL View Post
    Good luck finding a good doc, thats what I've been going through myself lately...Doesn't seem to be many docs that know shit about trt anywhere close to me. Hope it works out for you.
    Thanks man...I'm hoping with the fact that Cali has a ton more docs, that I can find one good one in my area!!

SWOLLL is offline Associate Member
    [QUOTE Thanks man...I'm hoping with the fact that Cali has a ton more docs, that I can find one good one in my area!![/QUOTE]

There is no shortage of Dr.s in Houston either just finding a Dr who takes insurance and has a clue about Trt is the problem.

spitboy2000 is offline New Member
    u evert find anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by spitboy2000 View Post
    u evert find anyone?

Yeah, I'm still with the doc that I found in Marina Del Rey. She is kind of a tightass with the 'scrips. Plus it doesn't help that my prescribed test bottle fell out of my medicine cabinet and shattered....

If she doesn't prescribe a new bottle then I am finding a new doc.

MercyDog is offline Senior Member
    thats one expensive bottle, good luck

Insurance covered the first one....can't post price, but it was cheeeeeap. Usual price was prett high, which I will probably have to pay since I'm within my "refill" period.

Thread Information