killswitch is offline New Member

Trouble losing body fat??

One month on HRT. 150 mg Test E weekly, 1200IU Hcg weekly, 25mg clomid daily.

Although I feel much better and my workouts have been terrific, i.e. I am definitely getting stronger and feel more like working out than I have in years, I don't seem to be losing any body fat.

I've kept a clean diet as well... Just wondering if anyone had similar issues? I'm not looking for miracles, however I thought I would start to at least feel a little leaner by now.

Can hcg or clomid cause fat loss problems? Any advice or comments from personal experiences would be appreciated.
    KS

p.s. Has anyone felt discomfort in their knees from injections in the thigh or glutes? Wondering if my knees are going bad or if this is normal

tigerwoods is offline New Member
    On the exact same doses and dealing with similar issues. Have thought about adding 6weeks of Anavar . Will be interested in the replies you get from the Vets.

No discomfort in my knees as of yet.

durak is offline Member
    Sorry if I missed it in an earlier thread but why the clomid daily???

You need to get your e2 checked. You may be losing fat but gaining some water. How long have you been on TRT?

Personally I thought the HCG was causing some water issues with myself. I stopped the continuous HCG for a 2 months no HCG then 1 month HCG blast.

For the Anavar , 6 weeks at 50mg a day will rock your world.

Doc said if I still wanted to have kids it is best to be extra cautious, hence the clomid everyday.

1 month on hrt, e2 was very low when I started. I have blood work follow up 45 days from start.

I feel like I have gained some muscle (I'm a workout junkie, have been for years), but my damn jeans dont even fit anymore! Seriously, I'm down to one pair that I can actually get on and button.

I do feel like my body composition has changed (slightly). In other words, I can see where I have gained fat around my midsection, but my shoulders have gotten broader and my chest has gotten bigger as well so it doesnt look all that bad. I was wondering if I was holding water, but cant really tell. My stomach always feels like its pushed out a bit???? For instance, normally if I ate dinner at 6:00pm and that was it for the night, the next morning my stomach would be completely empty and sunk in, but now it just seems "hard" underneath the surface fat. Not painful or anything, more like I had just finished a meal.... thats what is weird to me.

Anyone ever suffer from these type of conditions/side effects?

tubs is offline Associate Member
    one month, you are just starting. just keep an eye on your diet (like you have been) and maybe try to do more cardio. My guess is some water that you will lose when you get the anti e's dialed in and you are probably gaining muscle which is heavier

Vettester is offline Banned
    Don't know if we got your:
    Weight
    BF

Like Durak mentioned, it could be an E2 issue and you're retaining a lot of water. Have you checked it on your BW? That's quite a bit of HCG combined with the "T", hope you've got some AI on hand.

G-Money is offline New Member
    Try to do more reps, more cardio and a clean eating habit is my advice.....

I'm 38
    5'9"
    A month ago I was 184, today I am 197.
    My diet hasn't changed in a dramatic way, in fact its actually cleaner... i.e. no Saturday night pizza, no fried foods etc...

I got a hold of my doc today and he said this is common. He equated it to my body trying to figure out what is going on. As previously stated I am taking no AI because my E2 was 26 (which I was told by doc the normal range is 20-75).

He also said that is why my 45 day follow up blood work is so important. It allows us to see how my body is reacting to the therapy, and adjust accordingly.

Truth is, I have put on some muscle in the last month. I'm way stronger than I was 30 days ago...

Last month I could put up 185 on the bench press 4 times (5 if I was really feeling good) but not anymore. This morning I corked up 185 7 times clean and probably could have gotten 8 if I had a spotter... (I get that 185 isn't that much weight, but I'm not a very big guy either)

I can also see significant development in my posterior deltoid and traps, which is kinda cool because t-shirts look better on me.

I'm just dissapointed that the weather is starting to get nice, and I am not nearly as lean as I was 30 days ago.

I feel much better so it has been a great experience so far. Other than weight gain, bloating, etc... I've had no adverse side effects either.

I was mainly wondering if anyone else had similar challenges when they started.

How about the knee issue? Anyone inject in their thigh and then later feel a tingly, kinda dull ache in the knee of the same leg? I might have a jacked up knee (or at least on the way to being jacked up) but its a weird feeling... I rotate between glutes and thigh, just thought i would ask the community.
    Last edited by killswitch; 05-27-2010 at 07:00 PM.

durak is offline Member
    you could get some T3 from ar-r

tubs is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by durak View Post
    i wouldn't add anyrhing until you work out the issues with the stuff you are taking now - one month is nothing

dial it in then see if you need to add anything jmo

RNMOVR is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by durak View Post
    I would look at your last blood work and see what you thyroid levels look like. I've added T3 before and it worked pretty good for what it is. My family Dr even suggested putting me on a T3 cycle to help me get some of this left over weight off from the prednisone he had me on last year. I bought my last round through a rejuvi clinic and paid way to much. arr is the way to go..

Also, you may want to try a different type of test. I know test cyp makes me swell and retain water far worse than test e. Just a thought, I don't if their is any science behind that or if its just personal...

Regular guy is offline Junior Member
    I had semilar quetion about a month ago, and at the time truly believed my diet was good. Someone here broke it down very plain, which got me looking harder at diet. So much that I thought I new about diet was a little off. More so eating the right kinds of food in the wrong combinations. Currently I'm maintaining body weight but losing bodyfat.

Glycemic index is a mother combine an elevated GI with some lipids equals fluffies.

I'm not on the same protocol so thats out of my expereince but the advice on nutrition was on point. check out the diet section it may help.

Epic Ed is offline Associate Member
    I know clomid is commonly used in PCT to block estrogen receptors, but I've never heard of it being used to preserve fertility capabilities. In fact, looking over the profile for clomid, I can't see how it would do anything to help keep you HTPA axis functioning nor restore your natural ability to produce sperm once a cycle is done. It's taken primarily to just block estrogen conversion. HCG , on the other hand, has demonstrated the ability to mimic LH which is suppressed while running testosterone . IMO, there's really no reason to be taking the clomid during your TRT. If E2 levels become too high just go with a regular AI.

Oh...and I don't see any reason it would be causing you to retain water/bloat. In fact, it should have the opposite effect. I'm guessing you are still eating too many simple carbs.

calgarian is offline ANALbolically inclined "Protein user"
    Quote Originally Posted by killswitch View Post
    One month on HRT. 150 mg Test E weekly, 1200IU Hcg weekly, 25mg clomid daily.

Although I feel much better and my workouts have been terrific, i.e. I am definitely getting stronger and feel more like working out than I have in years, I don't seem to be losing any body fat.

I've kept a clean diet as well... Just wondering if anyone had similar issues? I'm not looking for miracles, however I thought I would start to at least feel a little leaner by now.

Can hcg or clomid cause fat loss problems? Any advice or comments from personal experiences would be appreciated.
    KS

p.s. Has anyone felt discomfort in their knees from injections in the thigh or glutes? Wondering if my knees are going bad or if this is normal

i m on trt as well but my doc didnt give me anything beside test. Plus I agree with ppl who are saying dont change anything. Post ur diet into diet section let ppl comment on the diet make friends with Cardio an hour a day at least dont weigh in till one month after u start the diet. Just my 2 cents.

Thread Information