Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    gdawgs is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008

    Whats the differance from a gp an a endo

    What will be the differance in going to a endo the first time than my gp,he has never done test to see why my test is low,will a endo want to find out why.

  2. #2
    peptide's Avatar
    peptide is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    An endocrinologist will test your T levels and then probably start you off on HCG to determine of your low T levels are due to primary or secondary hypogonadism. If you don't have to go to your GP for a referral then I wouldn't bother. Go straight to the Endo.

  3. #3
    whiteowl is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Peptide is correct...if you do not have to have a referral just bypass the GP. They are relunctant to prescribe HRT and when they do they have you in line with and endo already to take the burden off of them. An endo will run tests to find out why and after he eliminates prostate cancer, etc he will get you on the road to recvoery.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts