darthpyr is offline New Member

damaged my testicles

I was just diagnosed with low testosterone ....193. I am concerned and looking for a reason WHY! a perfectly good 44 year old body would suddenly stop producing testosterone . I am concerned that my consistant and excessive testicle scratching over the years may have in some way damaged my gonads! (Stop laughing at me, I am being serious!) Wifey seems to think this is true.
    signed, Looking for answers!

Pac Man is offline Senior Member

Your natural test starts to slow down after 30ish. After 40 your likely to be on your way to Andropause (Male version of Menopause).
    No big deal you're just human, go to a dr and have him slap you up with some test to get you going again.

seriousmass is offline Banned
    lol man it's not from scratching your balls.

you're just getting up there in age! haha.

Indymuscleguy is offline Senior Member
    I'd have to say that's a first for me...Seriously, it's most likely Andropause , I agree with Ironside

FallenWyvern is offline Senior Member
    Funny stuff. Above post is the answer.

THORSZ is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Have you been tested previously? I am 43 and was tested around 190 last year. I suspect I have always been on the low side though. You would have never known by looking at me. You have probably been on the decline for a while.

Scratching your nuts? That is funny. That sure isn't it. Your wife is messing with you. Lol!

I don't think you understand exactly how hard I had to scratch in order to stop the itching and get relief every single night. Damn they itched and now I'm paying the price! Obviously, they are now upset and refuse to perform their duty. (Now I am LOL.) This thread could really get out of control. hahahahaha On a serious note I am going to see what the Dr. has to say.

Canadream is offline Associate Member
    stay out of hot tubs and tight underwear

Indymuscleguy is offline Senior Member
    Dude,

Is it your skin that itches or is it your nuts? Have you ever been checked to testicular nodules or lump? Go that route with your doc. A urologist would be the best person to see regarding your nuts/sex drive/low test. Second best is an endocrinologist, but he will only address your low hormone levels. I hope that helps

ottomaddox is offline "Better Safe Than Sorry"
    Unless you've been sandwiching your nuts in a vise, it's really hard to damage them. I'm 41 and am on TRT and I've never scratched my nuts to excess. Too funny I have to say. Is your wife also your sister? j/k............

Quote Originally Posted by darthpyr View Post
    I was just diagnosed with low testosterone ....193. I am concerned and looking for a reason WHY! a perfectly good 44 year old body would suddenly stop producing testosterone . I am concerned that my consistant and excessive testicle scratching over the years may have in some way damaged my gonads! (Stop laughing at me, I am being serious!) Wifey seems to think this is true.
    signed, Looking for answers!

Jfew44 is offline Senior Member
    I just have to say this is a pretty funny thread. Hopefully everything works out for you tho bro. I scratch my nuts alot and have had no problems!

Go to a doc that specializes in Testosterone replacement therapy. They'll probably do another blood draw and check for other hormonal problems that you may have. Then he'll write you a script for some testosterone cypionate , say "thanks for the money" see you in a month. Then wifey will probably talking about your performance improvement in the bedroom instead of you scratching your nuts too much

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    try some benadryl lotion ...see if test levels go up after u stop scratching your nuts... i also think scratching your ass will offset scratching your nuts and help get hpta back on track..... id try that as well.... j/k
    *LOL*

Queless is offline New Member
    If your scratching with a belt sander I can see where the damage is coming from. Your wife has you on a snipe hunt. It is just age, I know I am there too (minus the excessive scratching)

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    I don't think you understand exactly how hard I had to scratch in order to stop the itching and get relief every single night. Damn they itched and now I'm paying the price! Obviously, they are now upset and refuse to perform their duty. (Now I am LOL.) This thread could really get out of control. hahahahaha On a serious note I am going to see what the Dr. has to say.
    Did you ever try a shower ?

binder is offline Member
    193 at 44 years old? that's not bad at all.

try being 24 and only having 230. That is an issue. Sometimes our bodies just change. At 44 you should be glad to produce a small amount of testosterone . Depending on what your doctor thinks is the best route he might put you on a light HRT dose to bring the levels up a little. Most of the labs around here have mid 200's as the low end.

peptide is offline Junior Member
    Testosterone replacement isn't always the answer. It really depends on if your low T levels are due to primary or secondary hypogonadism. Primary means your testicles don't make T and secondary means your hypothalamus (brain) doesn't send signals (LH) to the testicles to make T. The treatment for primary hypogonadism is with T replacement while secondary is treated with HCG injections. Unfortunately most Dr's will lazily prescribe T for both.

I am so happy there are forums like this to discuss issues like this in an anonymous way. You have no idea who Darthpyr really is. Imagine bringing up this topic in person to a doctor. I would have to slink out of there so humiliated. This way we are all having a good laugh and get your question answered!

Consider these classic quotes:
    'Unless you've been sandwiching your nuts in a vise.'

'I scratch my nuts alot and have had no problems!'

'If your scratching with a belt sander....'

'I also think scratching your ass will offset scratching your nuts and help get hpta back on track'

Now I am going to lay in bed and tell my wife...."Get out the belt sander...I've got some work to do!'

Priceless....

binder is offline Member
    I am so happy there are forums like this to discuss issues like this in an anonymous way. You have no idea who Darthpyr really is. Imagine bringing up this topic in person to a doctor. I would have to slink out of there so humiliated. This way we are all having a good laugh and get your question answered!

'I also think scratching your ass will offset scratching your nuts and help get hpta back on track'

Now I am going to lay in bed and tell my wife...."Get out the belt sander...I've got some work to do!'

Priceless....

it's not hard telling a doctor that. it's confidential. and from the sound of it the DOCTOR was the one that told him about the low testosterone .

FallenWyvern is offline Senior Member

Priceless....
    Welcome to the steroid forum, the guys here are hilarious!

tight underwear...ugh! This is a good thread...very funny! Oh BTW...I bath daily!

ottomaddox is offline "Better Safe Than Sorry"
    Low testotsterone is nothing to be ashamed of, or embarrassed about, it just happens. You think I liked telling my doctor that my wood was less than satisfactory.

Thread Information