Indymuscleguy is offline Senior Member

Anyone in here using Humira for RA

I got bad news today! It seems I have 'inflamed' joints. I have been placed on Humaira to lower my immune system and thus relieve my joint pain.

1. Anyone here currently using Humaria?

2. Did it impact your training in any way?

I will be on this drug for a year. It's a shot, given, every other week. Full price for the Rx is $4500 for a three month supply. My insurance covers it, however, I have a $33/mo co-pay...I'm glad I have insurance.

My rhumatologist said I could resume lifting but not until my joint pain subsides.

I didn't have the courage to ask if GH/Prop/Masteron /'Var would interact negatively.

ARRRRG!

Queless is offline New Member
    It sound very painful and with the other stuff you will have to do some research. How old are you? I order a product called Animal Flex that is all the vitamins and mineral needed to aid in joint repair. I use it and recommened it to others and they like it. It helps the joint repair itself. www.vitacost.com you will also find a lot of whey and protein powders there too and good prices.

Indymuscleguy is offline Senior Member
    I'm 42 and OTC products won't work for overactive autoimmune diseases. It takes Prednisone...which my body can't handle...nor do I like the side effects, Methotrexate, which is a Chemotherapy drug, was the gold standard, but now Embrel, Humaria, and Remicaid are the newest biological agents that work well. The side effects can be fatal. These drugs basically shuts down your immune system and you have to keep away from people who have the flu...colds...etc.

I was excited to hear that I may only need it for 6 months to a year. I figured it would be for life. It's a twice per month injection I do myself.

Keep your fingers crossed...

Thread Information