reignman1 is offline Junior Member

Was on hrt and insurance dropped me can I just get a script?

Im 28 and have been on hrt (400 mg shot every other week) for almost a year. My test levels were tested 4 times before they put me on and the highest it came out was 190.
    Being that im in the construction industry which is dead now, my insurance was dropped for lack of hours. Would it be reasonable to call the same doc and ask for a script so I can do this at home myself? I think they were billing my insurance close to $100 bucks a shot and I can't afford to pay that every other week. I know there is no talk of price on this forum but can someone give me an idea if I did get a script how much it would be without insurance? Just looking for the cheapest LEGIT way of obtaining hrt. Thanks for any help and info

THORSZ is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by reignman1 View Post
    Im 28 and have been on hrt (400 mg shot every other week) for almost a year. My test levels were tested 4 times before they put me on and the highest it came out was 190.
    Being that im in the construction industry which is dead now, my insurance was dropped for lack of hours. Would it be reasonable to call the same doc and ask for a script so I can do this at home myself? I think they were billing my insurance close to $100 bucks a shot and I can't afford to pay that every other week. I know there is no talk of price on this forum but can someone give me an idea if I did get a script how much it would be without insurance? Just looking for the cheapest LEGIT way of obtaining hrt. Thanks for any help and info
    I would think quoting legal/pharmacy prices are fine. I use test cypionate and without insurance it would cost $130 for a 10 ML bottle (2000 mg) at my local pharmacy. I would call your doc and ask him to call in a script until you secure insurance again.

FallenWyvern is offline Senior Member
    In California there is prescrption drug benefit for uninsured drugs and I get it for about half of retail. Are you going to do self injections?

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    I'm not really sure what insurance dropping you would have to do with getting a script. Regardless of what I've gone to the doctor for, they diagnose me and prescribe what meds I might need. When I go to fill the prescription, if the insurance doesn't cover the meds, I have to pay for it. I can't imagine a doctor prescribing treatment, then saying, "well, if you have to pay for it instead of insurance, you no longer need the treatment I prescribed". I don't really see how it ties together, maybe that's just me. I mean if they have been giving the shots at the office, you should at least have the option of getting the same treatment and paying for it yourself. interesting question, let us know what happens.

I called and left a message today so still waiting for a callback but what I was saying is I never received a script before, they administered all shots in office and I actually asked beforehand about selfadministering shots and they said they really dont like to do that blah bla...but now its not going to be an option its either they can give me a script or I guess i'll have to find another way

btw thanks for everyones help

Edited

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    the doctor might let you fill your script a few times without seeing him but eventually you will need to come in and do bloodwork, etc. pay him, etc. and shop around for best price for RX....i'm in same boat...PM me if you need more infor

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    sorry, you can't ask questions like that here.

Thread Information