Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
    BOB89 is offline Associate Member

Smallest effective dosage

The question I have is what is the smallest dosage(weekly/bi-weekly) of test-c or Test-e that someone on here has had success with for HRT/TRT. I am intrested more in mood elavation and such then results in the gym or physical change(not that I'm discounting the postive effects of body change on mood)

Well maybe I should be more specific about why I'm asking such an odd question.

For the last several years I've had low test numbers sitting in the mid 300s. ALong with them all the problems that go with it, I was lazy, distracted, decreased libido, and I just couldn't find my intensity in the gym. Well my last blood work finally came back out of the normal range with a 260. So my doc told me that now I could go on TRT if I wanted since everthing else checked out as far as other causes. He didn't try to sell me the patch or gel and said I would be best served with Test-C.

The dosage he orginally prescribed was only 200 mg per 6 weeks(yes I know that is incrediably low) I took the shot and hoped for the best. Well the first 2 weeks were great, I felt good more like I thought I should. Then I started to fade. A quick call to the doc and he moved me up to once a month but still at only 200mg. So I waited out the 1 and 1/2 weeks I had left and gave myself the next injection.

I've started to fade again. And although I plan on requesting more frequent injections next visit I am curious as to what is the lowest dosage people have seen results with. So I have some point of refernce when I consider my options after my next appointment.

BigDog225 is offline New Member
    I don't know about the lowest script that someone has success with but most common dosage is 100-200mg per week.

FallenWyvern is offline Senior Member
    Below 100 mgs week IMO is a waste of time.

Weekly injections will help your levels be stable.

THORSZ is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    My doc started me at 200 mgs once a month and I crashed after 2 weeks.
    I am now doing weekly injections of 100 and levels are stable.

I think I'm heading towards 100mg a week, right now I'm trying 150mg every two weeks. Last 2 days I start to lag alittle.

The doc is being really good about adjusting the dosages, he's leaving alot up to me as long as I tell him what I'm doing. I'm just not huge into taking more of anything than I need to get the desired results. So for now I'm trying to start low and go up. Hence the question.

dino1013 is offline Junior Member
    i can say i know how you feel...i went through kind of the same thing make a long story short.150 mg week fits me great,feel great etc etc etc.you will get it right,but as the others have said most people feel better and are more stable just taking weekly injections..good luck

I'm going to settle into 150 every 10-12 days for a month or two and see how it feels. THen based on that I'll make my judgement call then of whether to go up with dosage or frequency. I'll try to keep this updated as I go.

j4ever41 is offline Senior Member
    i would suggest 100-125 per week ( weekly injections ) i would not go over 8 days without inject

100 week is better than 150 every 10-12 days. I would even say 70 week is better.

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    i started at 150 cyp weekly and the doc said i could bump up to 200 so i tried that and liked it alot. i went down to 100 a week to build up some extra test to maybe up it to 400 a week, but 100 for was like nothing and i wasnt feeling as good as with 200...

Thanks for the input. My first 150 was Friday, and so far so good. I only gone about 12 days since my last injection so I didn't really get the flat on my face feeling like I did spacing further out than that. So in 10 days I'll see where I am and go 150 again.

So far I don't feel nearly as good as I did with the first injection of 200mg but I feel nice and level and my engery levels seem good. This week is a long one at work so I'll have to see near the end where I am.

To change the subject does anyone here change their dosage based on stress or other outside influences? Not saving up to cycle but just to provide a boost. Sounds strange I know but its not outside my comfort zone to consider it. I could see where it could become somewhat of a trap as you would always feel you needed the larger dose, but also where there could be advantages.

I think there is more benefit to weekly injections than the amount of mgs. Stability of levels better than roller coaster.

I'm not disagreeing with you by any means. Right now this is my scripted dosage so I'm going to give it a honest try for awhile. I didn't find the let down after my first 200mg dosage(the one that was suppose to be a 6 week run) to be unbearable just noticable. After a few more days it might have really sucked. I might look into 70mg or 100mg a week after giving this one a shot if I feel too much of a roller coaster.

I know there is no way to tell how much of a drop in actual Test levels one would experience for sure durign that period but could anyone guess as to what level a 150mg dosage could amount to and where that level might be after 12 days, everybody is differnt but I'm cursious more than wanting an exact answer

THORSZ is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BOB89 View Post
    Thanks for the input. My first 150 was Friday, and so far so good. I only gone about 12 days since my last injection so I didn't really get the flat on my face feeling like I did spacing further out than that. So in 10 days I'll see where I am and go 150 again.

So far I don't feel nearly as good as I did with the first injection of 200mg but I feel nice and level and my engery levels seem good. This week is a long one at work so I'll have to see near the end where I am.

To change the subject does anyone here change their dosage based on stress or other outside influences? Not saving up to cycle but just to provide a boost. Sounds strange I know but its not outside my comfort zone to consider it. I could see where it could become somewhat of a trap as you would always feel you needed the larger dose, but also where there could be advantages.

The best for me was on my first injection too. I think it is just because your body is so low and then you get more used to it.

I'll change the dosage around. Nothing major, but I'll take more if I am going on a job interview or have something big going on. My regular dose is 100 a week, but I don't worry about making it exact.

Another weird thing I've noticed is that I'm having more real/lucid dreams since I started TRT. Not sure if this is because I'm sleeping better or what, anyone else notice this.

The first week after my first injection I felt like a 12 year old girl as I was almost giddy and giggley, I haven't gotten that kind of lift since.

Another weird thing I've noticed is that I'm having more real/lucid dreams since I started TRT. Not sure if this is because I'm sleeping better or what, anyone else notice this.

The first week after my first injection I felt like a 12 year old girl as I was almost giddy and giggley, I haven't gotten that kind of lift since.
    Yeah I got both of those things in the first month.

Not as intense now, or maybe I am just used to it.

My dreams at first were not only real/lucid but quite explicit as well.

Explicit sums it up. I wasn't perpared for that, I figured I'd be little randy and the doc warned me about that but the dreams caught me by surprise.

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    trt is great

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    imo, 100mg of cyp/enth EW is the answer to your lowest effective maintenance trt dose as this yields approx. 70mg after the ester

THORSZ is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jpkman View Post
    imo, 100mg of cyp/enth EW is the answer to your lowest effective maintenance trt dose as this yields approx. 70mg after the ester
    I agree, that seems to be the sweet spot.

Well tommorrow will be 7 days and I still feel great on this dosage.A little under the weather but thats not TRT related. I'm not sure what my lag time between injection and actaully getting to my peak level is, for some reason I remember reading 3 days somewhere, I'll have to look.

I know everyone seems to perfer a 7 day seperation, but I'm not understanding why right now. I read about half lifes and such but could someone lay it out for me in super simiple terms. If you could make up some numbers so I could visulize easier, for example it might help. don't care if there realistic.

Like the day I inject level we use 1000( or any nice round number to divide and such) then work the math out for 2 weeks assuming I injected at 10 days or at 7 days.

Or just point me to somewhere theres a forumla I can figure out myself that would be jsut as much help.

Well tommorrow will be 7 days and I still feel great on this dosage.A little under the weather but thats not TRT related. I'm not sure what my lag time between injection and actaully getting to my peak level is, for some reason I remember reading 3 days somewhere, I'll have to look.

I know everyone seems to perfer a 7 day seperation, but I'm not understanding why right now. I read about half lifes and such but could someone lay it out for me in super simiple terms. If you could make up some numbers so I could visulize easier, for example it might help. don't care if there realistic.

Like the day I inject level we use 1000( or any nice round number to divide and such) then work the math out for 2 weeks assuming I injected at 10 days or at 7 days.

Or just point me to somewhere theres a forumla I can figure out myself that would be jsut as much help.
    huh say wut man ????

Yea that question is overly complex and not clear once I read it again. The answer I'm looking for is how much drop is there day 8-12 compaired to day 7. Does that make more sense?

Yea that question is overly complex and not clear once I read it again. The answer I'm looking for is how much drop is there day 8-12 compaired to day 7. Does that make more sense?
    i couldnt tell you....i've been jabbin for about 3 years and never went more than 8 days cuz i forgot to jab on day 7...used to jab twice a week....too many shots for me though....i'd actually like to know the answer to your question as well....maybe jab every 10 days/3 times a month????

12 days between is my min. right now. I'm on day 8 1/2 since my last shot and still pretty postive feeling(other than a damn chest/head cold).

Well intead of starting a new thread everytime something comes up for me I figured I'd just keep it here, as I feel this TRT process out.

I looked in the mirror today and I swear I'm starting to notice postive body changes, I look leaner and my muscles look fuller. I'm not sure how much of this is due to my Therapy and how much is my renewed motivation in the gym(also due to my therapy) My weight is unchanged and the only way I have to check BF% is a dodgy scale which has read the same number for the last 4 years. I had calipers done several times during that time and lost about 10% but no change on the scale so I don't use that feature anymore.

I went to the gym shortly after I started TRT to get my BF% tested, but they couldn't find their calipers(I'm gonna get my own set cause their not expensive) and I haven't thought about it again since.

The question I have is how long before you guys noticed postive body changes after going on therapy?

I have pictures of what TRT did for me in 4 months.

Quote Originally Posted by FallenWyvern View Post
    just keep up your avatar thats the only pic we wanna see biach

As long as TRT didn't turn you into your avatar I'll be happy.

As long as TRT didn't turn you into your avatar I'll be happy.
    gotta have an AI on hand

Thought a quick update might be in order. I tried the 12 day for 3 seperate periods. Found that I go irratiable on day 11 and 12, then stayed that way 1 day post shot. By shot +2 I was back to "normal". So now its 10 days with 100mg for a trial. Need to call the doc and check in though if I have to go beyond that. It is looking more and more like 100 mg every 7 days is the way to go.

Progress in the gym continues to be postive though. I can feel a drop in performance at day 8 or so on my core lifts. Not sure could be mental or physical or both.

Other aspects of life remain postive.

ZonaDave is offline Member
    Thought a quick update might be in order. I tried the 12 day for 3 seperate periods. Found that I go irratiable on day 11 and 12, then stayed that way 1 day post shot. By shot +2 I was back to "normal". So now its 10 days with 100mg for a trial. Need to call the doc and check in though if I have to go beyond that. It is looking more and more like 100 mg every 7 days is the way to go.

Progress in the gym continues to be postive though. I can feel a drop in performance at day 8 or so on my core lifts. Not sure could be mental or physical or both.

Other aspects of life remain postive.
    i don't think it's mental, it sounds hormonal. the reason why you're feeling low on T is because you are. the half-life of Test Cyp. is 5-8 days so that's why weekly shots is a minimum.

Black is offline Anabolic Member
    Not to sound like a fag, but could you post them? I'm getting ready to start TRT and it's cool to actually see what changes happen to some (although I know everyone responds differently).

Also, what is your TRT protocol?

dude, you're looking hot in your avatar pic but i know your E2 is WAY too high!

all joking aside, is that your chick?

i never feel any different no matter how close to shot day and i've recently been doin every 10 days like 150 mg...interesting how you can feel these distinct differences

Quote Originally Posted by jpkman View Post
    i never feel any different no matter how close to shot day and i've recently been doin every 10 days like 150 mg...interesting how you can feel these distinct differences
    i think it depends on how fast the body uses the injected T and how much gets converted to E.

some guys convert very easily so the larger infrequent shots don't work well while others don't have a problem with it.

i was talking to a guy a few weeks ago and he said his E2 dropped 10 points just by switching from weekly shots to semi-weekly shots.

just another example of how unique we all are. each person responds differently to TRT.

meathead320 is offline Member
    Here, this is why every 7 days is the min for test-C injects.

Its effects only last 7 days. 5-7 day active half life. It was made to be used as 1x EW.

Quote Originally Posted by meathead320 View Post
    Here, this is why every 7 days is the min for test-C injects.

Its effects only last 7 days. 5-7 day active half life. It was made to be used as 1x EW.

where did you get that chart from? i know i remember seeing the graph(chart) in the test insert and it declines from day 4/5 but dont remember it dropping off that erratic

That chart is suspect.

Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information