Brazensol is offline Productive Member~ Recognized Member Winner - $100

Thyroid meds and alcohol

Had a strange thing happen wednesday night. I typically drink 1-3 drinks any given night. Usually either red wine (15% of the time) or rum and coke (75% of the time). Sometimes I'll have something different just to change things up. Anyway I poured my first drink just before 5 pm and had 3 more throughout the night. Took my last drink just before midnight. I was having Capt. Morgan dark rum and cokes and had a total of 8 - 8.5 ounces of alcohol. I use a measuring cup and put in just over 2 oz per drink so I know that is an accurate number.

I woke up Thursday morning with a MAJOR hangover. Bad headache and my head felt like it was in another time zone. I was dizzy and nauseous (I never get nauseous). My wife mentioned the next day that I was in "a mood" the night before. Not a bad mood, just different. The only thing I did different that day was to take 60 mgs of thyroid armour around 4 pm because I forgot to take it that morning. Anyone think that was the problem? I could usually drink twice that amount (especially over a 6 hour period) and only have a minor hangover. Anyone else ever experience this?

I don't see how it could present a problem but we're all different and meds act differently in all of us.

Armour is just a bioidentical form of Thyroxine that our bodies naturally produce to it hard to fathom an interaction.

I looked and couldn't find anything in the PDR that has alcohol as a possible drug interaction.

Maybe you had a few more than you originally thought...God knows that happens to me sometimes LOL!

Brazensol is offline Productive Member~ Recognized Member Winner - $100
    LOL! Sometimes I do end up drinking more than I initially planned but that is a consious effort I make while still quite sober. I even went back and counted the coke cans just to be sure. It was bizarre and has never happened like this before. When I was younger I virtually never got a hangover no matter how much I drank (that made for lonely Saturday and Sunday mornings since all my friends were sleeping it off). Now that I'm older I get them and I don't like them at all! So the only time I drink enough alcohol to cause a hangover is for special occasions. Wednesday night was not a special occasion since all I was doing was watching old Star Trek episodes (hardly a special occasion!).

Anyway just wanted to see if anyone else had this happen. It was certainly weird...

Allaaro is offline Associate Member
    You could try it again to make sure

But yeah, could be it just hit you harder because maybe you were more fatigued, more stressed, more dehydrated? Many factors can play in it.

Thread Information